× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 31 visibility 5060

Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I know there was one yesterday and the BNP supporters were out in force. It looks more aggressive than the first one.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLvh6ll-Aoc

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7Er9jQBnQ

There doesn't seem to be as many numbers this time around..
    Last edited by Blackpool; 08-09-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009

Hahaha, they got owned. Lovely to see all those bnp members on the comments section whining about getting their butts whooped.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It seems alot from the last demo had abandoned them. The demo turned from one thing (demo against extremists) into another (demo against muslims.)
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post
    It seems alot from the last demo had abandoned them. The demo turned from one thing (demo against extremists) into another (demo against muslims.)
    Tbh, I think that was bound to happen. Rally enough right-wingers and no doubt you'll have some paki-bashing chavs in the ranks...

I find it quite strange though, since this happened in Birmingham near the bull ring. I was actually in Birmingham 2 weeks back (attending a talk held by some sheiks at one of the mosques there) and I was amazed at what I saw: 3 pubs surrounding the mosque, a chinese area about 5 minutes from there and plenty of halaal places in-circling that. I.e. very heavily populated asian area. But not many non-asians or even any fights.

So found it quite strange as to why this demo was being held in Brummistan.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post
    Tbh, I think that was bound to happen. Rally enough right-wingers and no doubt you'll have some paki-bashing chavs in the ranks...

I find it quite strange though, since this happened in Birmingham near the bull ring. I was actually in Birmingham 2 weeks back (attending a talk held by some sheiks at one of the mosques there) and I was amazed at what I saw: 3 pubs surrounding the mosque, a chinese area about 5 minutes from there and plenty of halaal places in-circling that. I.e. very heavily populated asian area. But not many non-asians or even any fights.

The 1st demo was held in Birmingham because, I think, an extremist was being transported there. Therefore, people demonstrated against him and other extremists. The 2nd demo was clearly to look for trouble. As I said a few weeks ago, I received a message on youtube inviting me to attend. It ended with the words "let's go paki-bashing." The general population are against extremism not muslims. That is the reason for this very low turn out. I see some white faces chasing the BNP supporters in one of those videos too.
    chat Quote

one love's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Re: Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009

Good morning to one and all just had a good look around the forum and as a non muslim find it v interesting. I'ts good to be able to hear points of view from all aspects of multi-cultrual society here in the UK.

There are a few things I don't understand so could someone clarify them for me without bringing up the usual Colonial past and other tired arguements that people seem to drag up when stuck for answers when discussing problems.

I think this type of demostration will always atract right wing groups due to the nature of the protest I believe the intention behind the protest is of value i think the UK has no place for fundamentalism or it's ideals.

What I can't understand is the majority of the Muslim society in the UK also believe there is no place for fundamentalism

Why doesn't the Muslim society take to the streets to protest in the same manner as these groups do

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work in making the forum what it is.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by one love View Post
    I think this type of demostration will always atract right wing groups due to the nature of the protest I believe the intention behind the protest is of value i think the UK has no place for fundamentalism or it's ideals.
    fundamental? with all due respect, do you know what that word actually means?

What I can't understand is the majority of the Muslim society in the UK also believe there is no place for fundamentalism
    Why doesn't the Muslim society take to the streets to protest in the same manner as these groups do
    probably becuase they have been brainwashed and therefore don't understand what "fundamental" means.

majority, according to who? because if i remember correctly, there was as survey done which suggested that a good portion of the Muslim community in the UK are pro the Shariah Law implemented.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought it was cancelled, so didnt bother going, it was on the local news,
    heard there were a few fights, ive actually just come from city centre, you couldnt even tell there was anything wrong
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

these videos are nice, watching those right wing racists running scared, ahahaha.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed View Post
    fundamental? with all due respect, do you know what that word actually means?

probably becuase they have been brainwashed and therefore don't understand what "fundamental" means.

majority, according to who? because if i remember correctly, there was as survey done which suggested that a good portion of the Muslim community in the UK are pro the Shariah Law implemented.

thanks for the reply yes I know what the word fundamental means.
    I didn't mention Shariah Law and never implied that those that want Shariah Law are fundamentalists. I was referring to a part of the muslim society that is hell bent on preaching hate and violence with in it's own community the so called Jihadis.
    From what I know the muslim faith is a peacefull loving religion and I dont understand why the communities don't "out" these people. The very people that reflect negative views and press on the rest of the respected community so we can go back to the multi society Britain that we know.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmmm

I'm going to get my bus pass tommorrow. I wonder if that is a good idea. O_o

I hope things cool down by then.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Ar-RaYYan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanks for the reply yes I know what the word fundamental means.
    I didn't mention Shariah Law and never implied that those that want Shariah Law are fundamentalists..
    Are you sure you are not confusing the word 'fundamentalist' with 'extremist'?
    As far as i know those that want the shariah law are fundamentalists. There is nothing wrong with being a fundamentalist.

Dear Allah. I pray that whoever reads this message shall have your comfort, joy, peace, love, & guidance. I may not know their troubles, but you do. Please keep protecting us. Ameen.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    From what I know the muslim faith is a peacefull loving religion and I dont understand why the communities don't "out" these people.
    Could it be because of the prohibition on backbiting?

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Could it be because of the prohibition on backbiting?
    I don't think that's likely for two reasons. Firstly, I think most Muslims aren't aware of the prohibition of backbiting and secondly, I know many Muslims who backbite anyway.

As a side issue, there are certain circumstances where backbiting is permissible and this may be one of them. Of course, this is something that would have to be confirmed by scholars.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can tell that some of us commenting on the word 'fundamentalist' have been listening to Dr. Zakir Naik.

However, it's problematic if we're simply going to define words according to their linguistic meaning because this ignores the fact that many words come into existence for certain reasons and their meanings change according to popular usage. As I understand it, the word fundamentalist came into existence to describe a certain group of Christians but I forget the details.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    I can tell that some of us commenting on the word 'fundamentalist' have been listening to Dr. Zakir Naik.

However, it's problematic if we're simply going to define words according to their linguistic meaning because this ignores the fact that many words come into existence for certain reasons and their meanings change according to popular usage. As I understand it, the word fundamentalist came into existence to describe a certain group of Christians but I forget the details.
    yes the word fundamentalist was first applied to a christian movement in the states

I think the reason why fundamentalist and extremism are viewed as the same is due to the media the average person in the UK would think they are one in the same.

I understand about the back bitting but if members of the muslim community are hell bent on destroying the good work done by others through radical beliefs or actions that are deemed anti-establishment then surely these actions should be bought to the attention of others as from what I understand these people are no more than anarchists hiding behind a religion.

These people have different a moral structure from the rest of us be it christian, budhist, muslim or zionist.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    I don't think that's likely for two reasons. Firstly, I think most Muslims aren't aware of the prohibition of backbiting and secondly, I know many Muslims who backbite anyway.
    On many occasions I've seen Muslims here refusing to condemn the likes of Osama bin Laden because they don't want to be seen as backbiting. Even if his is a case where backbiting may be permissible, the fact that there's uncertainty about it means it's potentially a very dangerous rule.

If Muslim communities believe they have extremists in their midst, they should definitely speak out about it.

Peace
    chat Quote

Ar-RaYYan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

why do you find that strange? Birmingham is home to a significant amount of muslims so wouldnt it have been obvious that sooner or later there would have been demonstrations against muslims?
    Yeah you are right places that are heavily populated by asians tend not to have that many non-asians but you should see other areas of Bham especially those 'mixed' areas there are a lot of tension and racism

Dear Allah. I pray that whoever reads this message shall have your comfort, joy, peace, love, & guidance. I may not know their troubles, but you do. Please keep protecting us. Ameen.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

is there anything more wasteful than taking to the street with a picket sign? pls give me a break, put your grievances in writing and send it to someone who gives a ****!
    but then maybe it is that whole Warhol 15 min of fame thing that drives them to do it.

counter eats - Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009

very effective!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    azad998's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey culd evry one tell family members to not go to bull ring on the 29th or the 30th? bcoz bnp nf and edl are doing protests again but its not jus edl this time nf and bnp are gna be their disguised as edl.

check this forum out

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/show...621875&page=10

also loads of pakis and black people are goin down aswell so im guessin its gna be a big riot afta wat happend on the 8th i think this culd be worse
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009 Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Anti-Muslim demo 8th August 2009