× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 53 visibility 7392

A question regarding 72 virgins...

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

It is said that a martyr will be rewarded with 72 virgins in the afterlife. This is supposedly "paradise" but what about the female muslims? I very much doubt they'll want 72 virgins... Is there a different reward for them or does it also apply to muslim women?

2. Report bad ads?
    Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A question regarding 72 virgins...

72 shopping partners who never tire of the endless search for the perfect pair of shoes (joke)

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The needs and pleasures of a woman are different to that of a man...

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    72 shopping partners who never tire of the endless search for the perfect pair of shoes (joke)

yes! and people who can write loads and loads of poems for them and may be a zillion chocolates ?

(another joke)

______

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post
    It is said that a martyr will be rewarded with 72 virgins in the afterlife. This is supposedly "paradise" but what about the female muslims? I very much doubt they'll want 72 virgins... Is there a different reward for them or does it also apply to muslim women?
    Paradise is a place where you will always be happy , whatever you wish will be with you

______

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A hadeeth which says:
    In heaven, there are things no eye has ever seen, things no ear has ever heard, and things that no human being has ever thought of. Notice that this doesn't apply to any of the things you have mentioned. Therefore, trying to understand this issue by using the same criteria that we use in this life is a vain attempt.
    The second one is the Hadith in which the prophet told us that the thing people enjoy most in heaven is seeing Allah.

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the woman will get everything equal to the man.. it is clear to see in the holy qur'an the woman always asks that question that will we get male virgins and the anser is yes we will, from every knowledgeable scholar and these male servants will be attending to our needs, bringig us food and everything like this and they will also have big beautiful eyes..what you think there will be only woman virgins in paradise no sis..

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think paradise is a spiritual dimension. Our flesh and mortal weaknesses will be left behind. We can be what ever we want to be and have what ever we want forever.
    This can only be possible if we are transformed from organic matter to pure energy like the Angels or Demons. Allah loves both or they would never have been.

This is only a theory please don't delete 'cos it may not be perfectly in sink with the Holy Koran, remember that Allah has been around for ages. The Koran is basically the latest journal of Holy Books. He will not give us all the knowledge as we homonids (humans) are genetically a stones throw away from an ape. Maybe more advanced beings on other worlds have greater knowledge given to their Prophets. Who knows I like to keep an open mind.

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hehe no need to use the toilet in Jannah no matter how much you eat and drink that's great I think. stuff yourself all day without the need of getting up to go toilet.

just out of curiosity, what is the source for this 72 virgins that we get in Jannah?? is it mentioned in the Qur'an or any hadiths??

12. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How many women have you recycled through in your mortal short life thus far?
    I don't want to address (paradise) since it is an unknown entity of pure bliss (for believing men and women) but I'd like an honest response, as I am fazed by some of critics especially the christian holier than thou sort who have gone through at least 20 women in a 30 year span and then come question the earnings of one for all eternity!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - A question regarding 72 virgins...

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I think paradise is a spiritual dimension. .
    Paradise is physical.. and I don't agree with some of the other stuff you'd posted, however, it is Ramadan and we should use it for 3ibadah..

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - A question regarding 72 virgins...

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    How many women have you recycled through in your mortal short life thus far?
    I don't want to address (paradise) since it is an unknown entity of pure bliss (for believing men and women) but I'd like an honest response, as I am fazed by some of critics especially the christian holier than thou sort who have gone through at least 20 women in a 30 year span and then come question the earnings of one for all eternity!
    lol...its makes you wonder, doesnt it...

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

Paradise is something we don't know about,except of that that was mentioned in the Qur'an and the hadeeth. So lets not talk about it.

Again,
    A hadeeth which says:
    In heaven, there are things no eye has ever seen, things no ear has ever heard, and things that no human being has ever thought of. Notice that this doesn't apply to any of the things you have mentioned. Therefore, trying to understand this issue by using the same criteria that we use in this life is a vain attempt.
    The second one is the Hadith in which the prophet told us that the thing people enjoy most in heaven is seeing Allah.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If it's so amazing beyond imagination then why is the best advertisement that God himself could come up with is the overtly materialistic and sexual reward of bejeweled mansions staffed by thousands of servants and dozens of virgins.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Azy View Post
    If it's so amazing beyond imagination then why is the best advertisement that God himself could come up with is the overtly materialistic and sexual reward of bejeweled mansions staffed by thousands of servants and dozens of virgins.

Learn who God is.

I told you about paradise.

The way your brain puts it, should not be compared to paradise.

As for why, because that is what humans can understand.What! you want God to tell you you'll have what you don't want????

Paradise is suppose to be something that appeals to humans. But,they're all(things in paradise) far greater and should not be comaperd to this world.
    Last edited by Rasema; 08-22-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Yusuf Saeed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good muslims having pure and beautiful wives or husbands in Jannah is just one part of it.

The most important is that Heaven is a place of eternal bliss and happiness. People will be in a wonderful state that bares no comparison to this largely materialistic world. All those who will enter it will be in peace there with no wordly worries or troubles.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Azy View Post

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, told us that within Paradise are things that no eyes have ever seen, nor ears have ever heard, and that things in it are beyond our imagination and comprehension!.. However, in order to describe it in terms that regular earth folks would understand, it is described as having the things that that people love most of this world in fact unless you are an absolute asexual hypocrite, people enjoy sex, and mansions and virgins!
    No one says, when I finally get to heaven, I want a beaten used and damaged goods of a woman or a man and to live in a squalid overcrowded apartment in the poorest part of town!

Something to ponder..

I'll ignore your other comment in observance of the holy month!

all the best

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok so you get 72 virgins as a reward. Surely your husband or wife would disaprove of this? Would you then reject God's gifts? I know I got married I wouldn't dream of taking 72 virgins. I'd keep my wife...

brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok so you get 72 virgins as a reward. Surely your husband or wife would disaprove of this? Would you then reject God's gifts? I know I got married I wouldn't dream of taking 72 virgins. I'd keep my wife...
    I guess everybody would be for himself after death

______

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs View Post
    I guess everybody would be for himself after death
    Well that sucks. I picture the afterlife as a better place for you and the family. Love can be a powerful feeling and I would rather stay/keep my wife than have me/her go with 72 virgins I'd like to live as a family in the spiritual world too.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! A question regarding 72 virgins... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A question regarding 72 virgins...