× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 58 visibility 17114

2012 and islam

Alphadude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question 2012 and islam

Report bad ads?

brothers and sister

The Mayan civilization predicted that on December 21, 2012 something will happen to the world we know. Something will happen that will change our civilization, value systems and the way we know human civilization forever.
    and they said the mayan civilizaiton disappeared from the face of the earth.
    i have been doing some research lol about 2012 and many question came to me and i have a many questions i have come to many conclusions.
    and what about Nostradamus predictions and year 2012 prophecy?
    http://nostradamus2012.com/

if u dont know about them look here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilization

and the mayan calendar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

in here no 1 talked yet or maybe did but couldnt find any posts here .

EDIT

here is the full film watch it
    http://stagevu.com/video/vhoyjgglgrxi
    Last edited by Alphadude; 08-23-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    2012 and islam

Imagination is more important than knowledge

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: 2012 and islam

Assalamu Alikum

Muslims expect the end everyday.

Everytime we say" Ihdine SIRATEL mustakim"

Keep us on the straight path.Sirat reminds me of a bridge that is over jehannam on which we'll have to walk on.
    Last edited by Rasema; 08-23-2009 at 12:42 AM.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema View Post
    Assalamu Alikum

Muslims expect the end everyday.
    sister rasema every muslim knows that but this question is deferent please dont change the topic i asked what islam says about this prophecy
    2012 and islam

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asslamu Alikum.

I would be VERY cautious with Nostradamus predictions. They are very vague to begin with. No one understood his prediction until it happened. In the past people predicted the world was going to end however it never happened...

Only Allah knows what can happen in the future.
    2012 and islam

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Asslamu Alikum.

I would be VERY cautious with Nostradamus predictions. They are very vague to begin with. No one understood his prediction until it happened. In the past people predicted the world was going to end however it never happened...

Only Allah knows what can happen in the future.
    indeed it came true and the video im upload is about this and most of all they talk from all religion what every religion says about but needed to make it clear and the video im uploading will be upload in 20 to 30 minutes stay tuned its in HD
    2012 and islam

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post

So, Islam says we should disregard what nostradamus says. There is no mention of any date, so the mayan stuff is to be disregarded too. The things that are talked about in terms of the end time are the emergence of the Mahdi, emergence of the dajjal, descending of Isa AS, the release of yajuj majuj among other stuff. But no specific date is given for any of these things to happen.
    as u said no specific date is given right. but the mayan calendar ends at 2012?
    u may want to check this out or if u dont understand then if some 1 understand please explain some poeple say 2012 has been mentioned in quran?
    http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8741
    Last edited by Alphadude; 08-23-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    2012 and islam

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nostradamus was so obviously drawn in and cheated by jinn, no-one has knowledge of the final day except Allah alone
    2012 and islam

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ my brother above has said it all
    2012 and islam

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no, Islam says nothing about 2012 just like it said nothing about 2000, after 2012 ppl will be saying ah yesssssss in 2020 something will happen, it will go on and on and on.

furthermore, i suggest you actually read the writings of nostradamus instead of relying on websites and ******* videos that are supposedly quoting him (when they are in fact not quoting him but re-interpreting what he actually said)

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nostradamus was so obviously drawn in and cheated by jinn, no-one has knowledge of the final day except Allah alone
    hmmm ok but what about the link i give about its a islamic forum ?
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

and my main point is not on the end of the world if some of u watched the video then here is what i think the mayan civilization disappeared it cant be the end of the world what i think is it could be something else maybe a portal to another world i dont know how it could be used but thats what i think kinda crazy idea lol everything is connected the whole universe stars, sky ,sun everything .
    format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    no, Islam says nothing about 2012 just like it said nothing about 2000, after 2012 ppl will be saying ah yesssssss in 2020 something will happen, it will go on and on and on.

furthermore, i suggest you actually read the writings of nostradamus instead of relying on websites and ******* videos that are supposedly quoting him (when they are in fact not quoting him but re-interpreting what he actually said)
    im aint relying on anything my brother im just asking and want answers is that bad and u said they are not quating him why they are not quating him and what about him?
    Last edited by Alphadude; 08-24-2009 at 01:09 AM.
    2012 and islam

islam2012's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey there Khalid,

You and I have been troubled by the same sort of speculations, and believe me, I have spent days reading articles and facts about astronomy, the Mayans, Islam and so on. The conclusion that I have come to can be summarised in these few points:

1. Since nobody knows the exact date of judgement day as Allah does no reveal it to us in any way we cannot specify the date and time. However, this does not necessarily mean that we are not able to scientifically predict when certain signs for the day of judgement shall take place. Other than the ending of the Mayan calendar, I have read that on the 21st of Dec. 2012 (the day the Mayan calendar ends) the sun will experience a polar shift due to its 11 year solar cycle which is completely natural since it has always been happening since the beginning of time. The outcome of such a phenomenon is what has been keeping me on edge. Due to the planets' positions on that day, and to the galactic alignment that shall also take place on that day, and to the Earth's weak magnetic field, the Earth shall be affected in a terrible way and might also witness a polar shift meaning the north will become south and the south will become north. Do you know what that means? The sun will seem to rise from the West. Not only that, it will cause a huge disruption to the Earth so that there will be floods, earthquakes, eruptions, you name it. Disasters will take over. Because of the eruption of these volcanoes, smoke will prevail and the sun and the other planets shall be blocked from us till God knows when. The thing that really got to me is this: the sun's rising from the West is one of the big signs isn't it? And right before that -because of the polar shift that will be going on- there will be no sun for a few nights! Another big sign is the smoke! And yet another big sign is the long nights! Look, Allah did not tell us when the day of judgement shall arrive, but Allah provided us with the signs, and if you read Quran you will find that Allah orders us to think in so many verses there. We need to think and use our brains. Of course, no one knows the exact date but that does not mean we won't know about the coming of the signs. We have great science and technology and that's where are they are pointing at. Of the other many things that we do not know is how long we will live. Does anyone know when they will die? I don't think so. But if someone has cancer or AIDS, then a doctor might be able to make a prediction about how long that person is going to live for, and a lot of the time, they are right about it. So, I think this is the case we're dealing with here.

2. Nobody knows the exact chronological order of the major signs we are about to witness, so whoever tells you that the dajjal needs to appear first is wrong. Nobody knows and the sign of the sun might be one of the first few. I would also like to add that the 21st of December is a Friday. Another weird coincidence.

3. We (Muslims) are not the only ones awaiting judgement day. Christians believe that the Antichrist (dajjal) is going to appear on the 21st of May 2011. They have been waiting for this day since 1988. You can check if you want, there's a book called 'To God be the Glory' by 'Harold Camping'. You can even find a version of this book on the internet in the form of a pdf file. Is this another coincidence?

4. The Mayans predictions are not based on anything false such as magic or horoscopes or the like of these absurd ways. They were a very intelligent people who used to be great scientists in maths, astronomy and I don't know what else. The bottom line is, they were not just making a wild guess when they set the date. They had reasons to believe that the Earth would be ruined on that specific day because of the position of the planets and equinoxes. By the way, I have read that they used to live in Atlantis, and we all know that Atlantis has drowned. We do not know much about them and that made me wonder, who was their prophet and why were they drowned? Some of them did not drown and that's how they moved to Mexico and Egypt. Perhaps their drowning was a punishment of Allah's like many other peoples who denied the prophets and the ones that lived might have been the good ones? Remember that Allah did not tell us about all the prophets sent on Earth.

I think this is most of what I have come to regarding this issue. I hope my answers have been helpful. But let me add one thing: if the sun really rises from the West that day, know that all doors to repentance shall be closed and tawbeh will be too late. We had better get ready for what is coming to us. 3 years are the longest we have for nobody knows how long we shall live

I also read that in the same year when the big signs shall arrive, the middle of Ramadan will be a Friday. Look at 2012 by yourself. You will see that it is a Friday. Another coincidence? And look at how strange the numbers are, if you add every two digits together the sum is 3. The same is with the Hijri year, it will be 1433 Hijri, that also strikes me as too strange to be a coincidence.

That's my comment about the subject. I shall be pleased to hear anyone else's comments about my findings.

Happy Ramadan!

Rabi Mansur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think the Mayan dates and any correlations with today are just coincidence. And concerning Nostradamus.. you don't really believe Nostradamus was a prophet? Wasn't Muhammad the last prophet?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

scary stuff! just to add to the thread the jews have a theory on this to, there is a controversial book by a guy called Michael Drosnin called the bible code which uses a computer to find codes in the torah and according to that the earth will be hit by a giant comet in the year 2012

http://2012supplies.com/what_is_2012...code_2012.html

i believe that when one thing ends another begins so my personal interpretation is that (if the predicitons are true) 2012 will bring the beginning of something better - the mayans believed that they lived in the fourth age of man, that there had been previous incarnations/civilisations so maybe when they predict the end of the world they were really predicting the next age of man?

_PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro, think of it this way, if the Prophet (S.A.W) never knew when the world would end. Then how can an ancient civilization predict..

I also don't believe that the world would end because the Mayans said so..
    From my personal research and predictions, the world is going to get a lot worst though. tragic death, we are experiencing more and more natural distaters day by day, fitnah, ever since the 20th century everything is becomming corrupt day by day. We also have people that try to control us and also have agendas. They are trying to ruin us. We also might experience more wars. So yeah, I think we will destroy ourselves.
    Last edited by _PakistaN_; 09-05-2009 at 04:32 AM.

18. Report bad ads?
    _PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post

the year 2000 was an end of a millenium. it was a thousand years passing by, even if there was no predictions or anything people would still be freaked out thinking that somthing would happen cause its the end of a millenium. but what we have here is an exact year, exact day,.

there is a big difference

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No ones saying the world's going to end in 2012 and the day of judement will be in 2012, of course the knowledge of that is with Allah alone.

What I think the thread OP is saying is, that in 2012 we could see a major change in the world and the major signs of the hour might start coming like the sun rising in west. No 1s saying the day of judgment will be in 2012 but instead, a significant change could take place in the world that will signify the day of judgement is even closer.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you khalid84;

you could be run over by a bus and killed today, or you could be here in eighty years time, with thirty great grandchildren, who all think you are wonderful.

Somehow we need to find the peace and joy, to live each day and every day in the service of our God, despite all the uncertainties he has placed in our path.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a great mystery, Lord grant to me the peace and serenity to live this day and every day, knowing that you hold me in the palm of your hand.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric
    2012 and islam

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

Arain.Faizan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well the one thing i know that this thing havnt been revealed on Muhammad (S.A.W)....nd further he said that only ALLAH (SWT) knows the best ... so we can be assure about the any perfect that ...yes sceince may predict.. but lemme tell you the reliability of sceince ..in class one i read that atom is the smalest part and cannot be divided in the further parts...then i read it contians some more elements neutron proton electron ..then these further division also have further division ...whatsoever i dont beleive them anymore do you? ...finally Prophet (S.A.W) said a momin should not be curious.. and that is all the prophets words should be final for us ...

*Zipping*

Ali_008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    - I Love You Allah -
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've heard this before and also heard that its a myth. The scientists have just seemed to made an estimate of this happening and there are many scientists who have refuted the claim. Some say that whatever is gonna strike the earth will just pass by without doing any damage to earth. According to them the earth is not in its way. All I can say is that its not a concrete fact.
    The Islamic angle to this, what I can think of, is the prevalence of disasters throughout the world, which is a sign of the day of Judgment. Everyday we just get closer and closer to it.

And Allah knows best
    Wallahu Alam
    2012 and islam

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.
    Surah Ale Imran : 160

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) climbed up Uhud, accompanied by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan, and the mountain shook with them. He struck it with his foot and said: “Stand firm, O Uhud, for there is no one on you but a Prophet or a Siddeeq or two martyrs.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3483)

Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Taala) does not inspire seeking forgiveness in a slave whom he wishes to punish.
    Ali (RadhiAllahu Anhu)

24. Report bad ads?
    islam2012's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Arain.Faizan View Post
    well the one thing i know that this thing havnt been revealed on Muhammad (S.A.W)....nd further he said that only ALLAH (SWT) knows the best ... so we can be assure about the any perfect that ...yes sceince may predict.. but lemme tell you the reliability of sceince ..in class one i read that atom is the smalest part and cannot be divided in the further parts...then i read it contians some more elements neutron proton electron ..then these further division also have further division ...whatsoever i dont beleive them anymore do you? ...finally Prophet (S.A.W) said a momin should not be curious.. and that is all the prophets words should be final for us ...

*Zipping*
    Firstly, nobody knows when the hour shall take place but science is telling us that the major signs are about to take place (I've explained that above, you might want to read it)
    Secondly, our prophet tells us not to be curious about things we have not been provided with enough information about and which might seem illogical - although they are not - to the human brain because of the brain's construction, things which are beyond our level of our understanding.
    Thirdly, if you read Quran carefully, you will see that Allah tells us to think, to read the signs and to learn the moral of the stories Allah has told us in the holy book. How should we not think then? If the major signs start happening, you should know that you do not have time to repent.
    Fourthly, you think that science in unreliable? I cannot comment much on that, but I would just like to point out that if you have your mind set to believing what you want, then that's what you'll just do. Of course science is reliable, that's how everybody is living!
    Lastly, I would like to add that the only minor signs that have not taken place yet are the signs that precede some of the major signs like the coming of the dajjal, they almost happen on the same day. Allah knows exactly. Anyway, what I'm saying is we're only waiting for the last of the signs to occur and that's when it will be too late since shortly after that, the dajjal will be out.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! 2012 and islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. 2012 and islam