× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 1627

help me understand...

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

help me understand...

Report bad ads?

...this obsession some people seem to have with controlling and dominating and wanting everything their way. what is with some people and their superiority complex. how do you deal with it...?
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 09-01-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    help me understand...

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: help me understand...

Maybe its hidden insecurities?

It shud deffo be addressed. honestly communicate with em, make it known that they're being bossy, possesive & controlling n how it effects negatively those around them. Sometimes people like that don't even kno that they're doin it.
    help me understand...

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well people are only like that because others give in to their whims. if they were made to know that the world doesnt revolve around THEM and its not always THEM then theyd have to back down. sometimes its about compromise, whether its you compromising what you want to do (because its also not always about you and you having your way) or the other way round.

*by you i dont mean you personally, just generally
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed View Post

...this obsession some people seem to have with controlling and dominating and wanting everything their way. what is with some people and their superiority complex. how do you deal with it...?
    sister Allah created every human just like the nature of this earth. everywhere you find rough, smooth, rocky, pleasant, harsh, and the list goes on just try and be more open and understanding of the nature of humans and you will learn to live with it
    help me understand...

ae8iug 1 - help me understand...

wwwislamicboardcom - help me understand...
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

barakallahu feekunna

@sis amani how can one avoid "giving in" to their whims when they have an Islamic authority over them and therefore you have to obey...eg husband, [parents, etc.
    help me understand...

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

For me, it depends... If it something good or i'm not tired enough... i just go ahead on give in to their whims (for example my son )

If it is against my principle...I'll explain and hoping he/she can understand and give reasons if he/she argue. Then i'll consider if i want to do it or not

If it he/she wants to talk alone himself only...then i let he/she talk alone. I just don't feel like listening...huhuhu. Unless the reason he/she talk is to have feedback and good listeners then i'm willing to listen.

Sometimes all i can say to my son is... "lets be happy lets be happy...lets smile and don't be grumpy..."
    help me understand...

heart 1 - help me understand...

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed View Post

@sis amani how can one avoid "giving in" to their whims when they have an Islamic authority over them and therefore you have to obey...eg husband, [parents, etc.

aah i had a feeling this was more complicated than the question.
    i see your problem, if its the parents youre disrespecting
    and husband youre disobeying :rolleyes:

dont know tbh, if its minor things then just learn to let it go but if its something you really feel about then....
    oh and tell the person in question how you feel and what you want instead of it being a case of my way only! to do this it doesnt have to be in a disrespectful or disobedient manner, sometimes its not what you say its how you say it
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! help me understand... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. help me understand...