star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings, all

Report bad ads?

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think here should suffice.
    I am a 17 year old from the UK who wishes to convert to Islam. However I am not yet sure of some things, such as how to perform wudu and salat... and also, how do I find out which direction to pray in?

I have been considering conversion/reversion for several months now, but every time I think of my parents and how unhappy it would make them (as they are atheists), I bottle out. This is an extremely cowardly excuse, I know, and insha'Allah I will find the strength to be honest with them soon. But I love them so much, and just don't want them to treat me any differently. The same goes for my friends, and the rest of my family.

However my immediate concern is finding someone willing to teach me the prayers. Everything else should fall into place after that.
    Anyway please don't hesitate to share any thoughts or advice you have.

Peace, brothers and sisters

-Amy

2. Report bad ads?
    ژاله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Greetings, all

Welcome to IB Amy, good to have you here. MashaAllah Allah has showed you the right path, walillahil hamd. we pray in the direction of Ka'ba, just find out if its in north, south, east or west of uk lol. you can find all the information here inshaAllah. i am a born muslim so i dont know much about how to deal with parents, friends etc, but we have a good number of revert brothers and sisters here who can guide you in this regard.
    Welcome to Islam and welcome aboard. enjoy ur stay!

Al Ansari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa 'alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

bismillah,

First I would like to say that, insh'Allaah you have come to a great place to get advice. The brothers and sisters on the forum are very open-minded and honest in their views.

As far as you wanting to come back to Islaam--my advice is for you to take your shahada. You say that you are unsure about doing wudhu and salaah. There are numerous videos, articles, books, etc that we can give to you in order to assist. Insh'Allaah.

If you believe in Allaah and Muhammad (saws) as His last and final prophet, I would not advise you to hold back.

As far as your parents you said that you want them to treat you differently. Do you think that they will treat you differently? Do you think that any of the people you are concerned about will treat you differently? Insh'Allaah you will find the courage.

May Allaah ease your burden and make things easy for you and all of us. Ameen.

wa salaam

And Allaah knows best.

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to IslamicBoard, Amy.

It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your parents. I am sure they love you too and that they wants what's best for you.
    Whilst (as atheists) they may think that 'being religious' is not what's best for you, hopefully they will allow you to expand your own understanding of the world and to find your own worldview and beliefs.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Peace to you and your whole family.
    Greetings, all

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Greetings, all

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

6. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Amy : I am a 17 year old from the UK
    Greetings, all

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sister

Congrats on taking the steps towards Islam I pray you revert very soon and inshAllah your life will change for the better.

I am a revert too alhamdulillah.

I would suggest getting in contact with some Muslim sisters in your area. They will be able to help and guide you with many aspects. Where in the UK are yo from? Many people here are from UK.
    Greetings, all

rose4 1 - Greetings, all

brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Soul-Searching View Post
    , how do I find out which direction to pray in?

Call any Islamic centre / mosque ; God Willing they will help u

I heard that it's east in London.

I think of my parents and how unhappy it would make them (as they are atheists)
    U don't have to advertise your revert to Islam story to them right now . Also ; if they believe there is no hereafter , then what could be the problem if u follow any specific religion ? If there is really no hereafter , then all are safe - does not matter if u are a Muslim or not .

However my immediate concern is finding someone willing to teach me the prayers.
    videos are available online. InshaAllah I will post . But if u really believe Islam is the Truth ; then don't wait for learning . Be a Muslim first ; then start learning . It's the devil who wants you to delay in accepting the Truth by showing several useless reasons .

May God Almighty help you to accept Islam

link : Click on the picture below to watch the video

Salat: How to Perform Daily Prayers

sala 2 - Greetings, all

http://www.muhajabah.com/resources.htm
    Last edited by Muslim Woman; 09-05-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Greetings, all

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How to Offer Salat

Manner of Performing Salat - Includes pictures and sound files to help new Muslims learn how to pray.

For other presentations of this material, see:

Find Salat Times for Your Area
    Islamicity Prayer Times
    Prayer Minder
    Prayer Times from IslamicFinder.org

http://www.muhajabah.com/resources.htm
    Greetings, all

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post
    Salaam/Peace
    Amy : I am a 17 year old from the UK
    Thanks, Muslim Women. Just proves that I didn't read Amy's post properly!
    (For a moment I thought you were talking about your own age. I always assumed you were a little older than that ... )

I would say that most 17 years olds are mature enough to explore their own beliefs and values.
    Greetings, all

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Greetings, all

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When I embraced Islam and was first learning how to pray, I tried to learn from a little prayer booklet I found in a bookstore. It was the only way available to me, as I didn't know any other Muslims and was not part of a Muslim community.

I held the booklet as I prayed, and tried to pronounce the words and do the movements as outlined.

Today, there is no need for you to bumble along with a prayer book. Interactive websites and software provide audio, slideshow, and video instruction in the Islamic prayers. Listen to the Arabic pronunciation, and follow along step-by-step with the movements of the prayer.

Websites/Software to Learn the Prayers:
    • Cybersalat: Freeware multimedia computer program to teach Islamic prayer. Runs on Windows and includes color graphics of the postures of prayer, Arabic pronunciation, English translation and transliteration, and more.

• Learn How to Pray: Multimedia prayer presentation. Each step is explained in English, accompanied by the audio Arabic recitation and the visual posture of the different parts of prayer. All five prayers are presented entirely and separately.
    Suggested Reading

How to Make Wudu (Ablutions Before Prayer)Brief Prayer Step-by-StepPrayer Rugs

More About Islamic Prayer

Daily Prayer TimingsFind Prayer Times in Your CityDu'a - Personal Supplications

http://islam.about.com/od/prayer/a/learnsalaat.htm
    Greetings, all

abs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaamz welcome

Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Soul-Searching,

How you doing? If you are looking for direction to pray directly, here's website you will see compass- IslamicFinder.org: click here Then, you see it says East that would be directly to Kaa'ba. It is also including prayer schedule.

I assume, you are living in London. If it is mistake, just put another city in where you live nearly. Hope that help!
    Greetings, all

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa 3alaikum salam, Soul-Searching.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I hope you enjoy IB and have a beneficial stay here.

17. Hide
Hey there! Greetings, all Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Greetings, all