star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Anti-Islam protest outside Harrow Central Mosque

Report bad ads?

Hardline groups who say they do not want any more mosques in Britain have planned to stage a two-hour protest outside the building, in Station Road, at 5pm, on September 11 2009.
    The event will commemorate the 2001 terrorist attacks as well as spreading an anti-Islam message, but the mosque community say they too oppose terrorism and extremism of all kinds.

Read the full article here:

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/45...osque_protest/

WithHardship Indeed There is Ease [94:6]

Sponsor me www.justgiving.com/mahfuja-ahmed. Running 10K for Nour (Domestic Violence).

2. Report bad ads?
    blazingflames17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Anti-Islam protest outside Harrow Central Mosque

This can not be attributed to far right wing anti islamic people. These people refuse to learn about the real Islam, so they stay with the preconceived propaganda about Islam they were spoon fed from CNN and FOX News. I admit I used to be like this, but I did some research and changed my perceptions. Besides, they are normal people like us, hard working, and they're not going away. And yes they are opposed to all sorts of terrorism. They just want to live their lives like the rest of us.

Some friends told me about this a while back, but I don't really care about it if it will be non violent. Apparently some people will take part in this protest because "Islam and Muslims hold us back from doing things". Well, no, they don't. These people are just using excuses for their own problems when they say things like this.

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ive been worried about them all day

does anyone know whats happened?

may Allah protect the harrow muslim community from those sick freaks

Ameen
    Last edited by IbnAbdulHakim; 09-10-2009 at 11:32 PM.

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman View Post
    ive been worried about them all day

does anyone know whats happened?

may Allah protect the harrow muslim community from those sick freak BNP's

Ameen
    It's not the BNP. It's a totally different group and I feel there could be violence outside the mosque if Birmingham is anything to go by. The EDL will be there too.
    This protest hasn't taken place yet. It will be held at 5pm on Friday....

6. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post
    It's not the BNP. It's a totally different group and I feel there could be violence outside the mosque if Birmingham is anything to go by. The EDL will be there too.
    This protest hasn't taken place yet. It will be held at 5pm on Friday....
    thanks for the correction!

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ah I think we should simply ignore these protests and get on with our lives. ^_^

Let these jokers rant.
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 09-11-2009 at 12:07 AM.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im gonna be going with some friends. i will take my camera too and record

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lets hope that this doesn't turn out bad

______

Rabi Mansur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have a lot of friends who believe the media version of Islam. It is so hard to explain to them that the Islam I have discovered is so different from that.
    It seems to me that Muslims have to somehow become much more visible in taking on the terrorists or the misperception will continue to exist.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why not arrange for lunch for the people coming to protest may be some will stop protesting if they become busy eating .. all the muslim bros can help since they dont need to eat (they are on fast).. try some gandhian policies
    Last edited by zakirs; 09-11-2009 at 04:15 AM.

______

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Make another protests outside to the protestors on being infront of the masjid huhuhu

who is the leader?

heart 1 - Anti-Islam protest outside Harrow Central Mosque

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Or why not just ignore the demo? Ideally, they would protest outside the mosque, chanting, holding up slogans and then head home in time for tea. These counter-protests are what they want. They will just spark the violence and it gives them a reason to fight muslims and a story for a newspaper editor... "Muslim extremists riot again." The muslim rioters in the last Birmingham demo were labelled "muslim extremists" in The Sun. It's just adding more fuel to the fire. The anti-muslim protesters are winning.

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Harrow Police: 9/11 mosque protest cannot be banned

POLICE say they cannot ask for a 9/11 mosque protest to be banned.
    Anti-Islam group Stop the Islamisation of Europe (SIOE) plans to hold a rally to commemorate the victims of 9/11 on Friday but there are fears the event could result in violent clashes.
    An English Defence League (EDL) rally in Birmingham on Saturday resulted in 90 arrests after skirmishes with members of Unite Against Fascism (UAF).
    UAF are holding a counter demonstration on the same day and EDL has advertised the event.
    The mosque called on the police and Harrow Council to ask the Home Office to ban the event.
    Lynne Arnold, a spokesman for the Met, said officers are working with protest organisors to provide an appropriate policing plan on the day.
    She said: “We have not made an approach to the Home Office, because there is no legislative basis to do so.”
    Councillor David Ashton, leader of the council, said: “It is for the police to rule on the legality of demonstrations. The police advice to us is that this demonstration is legal so therefore can go ahead.”

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They would not be turning up at a mosque where there are hundreds of people in order to attack a couple of dozen muslims, they can hunt down individual muslims anywhere

They are turning up to provoke hundreds of Muslims against them, on 9/11, so that the muslims in the press can be seen as violent.

They have said so publicly

In other words they are laying a trap

And they even have the brashness to tell us that they are laying this trap, i guess knowing that many of us think with our hearts before our minds too often

As for the police - they will allow this to happen. Don't think this is a plan by a few right wing extremists alone, there are people behind them. just look at their slogans and statements, its clearly not simply just bnp thugs behind this. they are being used for other peoples agendas

The least that is upon our necks is to think why are they doing this, and what they want to gain from it. And then act accordingly

ws

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah give the brothers in Harrow the strength to fight, Ameen. Who do they think they are trying to stop the spread of Islam ? This could be the cuase of civil war in Britain, We are ordered to fight if the spread of Islam is prevented, Alhamdulillah

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well with all respect, the Muslims who rioted a couple of years ago were extremists, my God the things they were shouting was absolutely horrible...

I will not quote or give links but you can look it up for yourself. And yes, normal Muslims do plenty to try to eliminate extremism and show the real Islam but the corporate/state run media refuses to show that.

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    May Allah give the brothers in Harrow the strength to fight, Ameen. Who do they think they are trying to stop the spread of Islam ? This could be the cuase of civil war in Britain, We are ordered to fight if the spread of Islam is prevented, Alhamdulillah
    Who ordered you to fight? Rhetoric like this will just start another civil war in Britain, which is what they want! And I don't mean to be rude, but the U.K. is the one country in the west that has been very nice and hospitable to Muslims so far.

I've seen many cases where people are oppressed in muslim countries or islamists try to stop the spread of hinduism for example, and they fight it. This is not the answer, let's fight it peacefully, not with grenades and guns!

brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've seen many cases where people are oppressed in muslim countries or islamists try to stop the spread of hinduism for example, and they fight it. This is not the answer, let's fight it peacefully, not with grenades and guns!
    Well said.. fight with actions not weapons.

______

24. Report bad ads?
    Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by blazingflames17 View Post
    Who ordered you to fight? Rhetoric like this will just start another civil war in Britain, which is what they want! And I don't mean to be rude, but the U.K. is the one country in the west that has been very nice and hospitable to Muslims so far.

Jihad becomes a physical fight when muslims are being kicked out of their homes or when the spread of Islam is prevented by force. So to answer your question "who ordered me to fight" then I reply Allah did so. You are either a muslim or not, I believe Qur'An to be the word of Allah, therefore I will not go against it, if this upsets the west etc etc, then tough....my allegiance is to Allah whether that means comfort or not. The more I hear this wishy washy compromise of Allahs word, the more determined I become to adhere to its true meaning. Allahu Akbar

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Anti-Islam protest outside Harrow Central Mosque Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Anti-Islam protest outside Harrow Central Mosque