× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 18 of 18 visibility 2774

Prioritization! Time Management!

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

How do you time manage and prioritize? How do you drive off the "I'll do it tomorrow"'s?

Help a brother out, willya?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Prioritization! Time Management!

Its easy. Make a timetable of what you do. I have everything mapped out in my head. I manage my time around my 5 daily prayers.

Have a checklist and day by day complete all of those tasks.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Its easy. Make a timetable of what you do. I have everything mapped out in my head. I manage my time around my 5 daily prayers.

Have a checklist and day by day complete all of those tasks.
    Yeah I bought a whiteboard the other day to put up in my room and make a todo list each day inshallah. I also intend to put a Dua up, so when I wake up in the morning and take a while to wake up, I can at least memorize it instead of looking blankly at the wall...

Hmm... What other ideas do you guys have? =/
    chat Quote

transition?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To Him I return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

DO THINGS AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM. If you get them out of the way then and there, you won't have to worry about when you can get them done later.

wwwislamicboardcom - Prioritization! Time Management!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by transition? View Post
    DO THINGS AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM. If you get them out of the way then and there, you won't have to worry about when you can get them done later.
    Easier said than done. >_> How do you enforce that? How do you make sure you actually do it? Sometimes Mom's not always there for everything.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
    Easier said than done. >_> How do you enforce that? How do you make sure you actually do it? Sometimes Mom's not always there for everything.
    You have to force yourself...keep focused. Think of the long term goals that you want to achieve. Think of the things that distract you and set up precautions against them.

What type of things do you have to do? Like school revision or something?

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    You have to force yourself...keep focused. Think of the long term goals that you want to achieve. Think of the things that distract you and set up precautions against them.

What type of things do you have to do? Like school revision or something?
    Yeah, mainly school. I keep delaying the readings etc, and then I procrastinate before the exams.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah, mainly school. I keep delaying the readings etc, and then I procrastinate before the exams.
    Your not alone.

I used to stay up all night pretending to revise. When it came to the mock exams, I hands were all numb, felt drowsy and my mom thought I was intoxicated...sometimes I stayed wake all night hanging around outside the streets with some ''friends'' and neglecting my sleep + my studies...

What motivated me to revise for my exams is the fear of failing. I HATE to fail my exams.

So get all of your notes together and split them into small manageable topics. Every day learn at least one topic per subjects in small amounts. This way you will learn and remember the work.

Continue to do this everyday.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    To Him I return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I always think of the times I procrastinated and the horrible feeling of worthlessness and failure-itis I feel after I'm struggling to do everything last minute. I remind myself of that feeling and think how I never want to feel like that again. Procrastination will eventually lead to depression and is a sign of laziness. Laziness weakens the heart and you start slip away slowly and become BAD.

There's a du'a for laziness.

How do you get yourself to pray 5 times a day and do the right thing? Every moment will be a struggle and you just have to embrace the struggle. And eventually, you'll get good at it and it'll become a habit that you'll do it naturally.

If it seems like I'm screaming in my post. It's because I have a conscience that likes to scream at me whenever I'm procrastinating. Let your conscience be your mother.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    To Him I return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's only natural as humans we feel the need to do it the closer the due date comes, it's why we procrastinate..(I'd like to interject and say that's why the uncertainty of the time of death is a blessing. It could come any minute, so we always have to be prepared for this.)

Right now, my conscience is yelling at me. I have a paper due at midnight.
    Look.... I'm slowly logging out.

Take notes, Brother.

chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you can do what i do leave everything for the last millisecond and then go bizerk
    chat Quote

_PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

heres the technique i'm workin on. being patient. if u don't want to do a task or somthing. be like time's flying fast now days and sooner or later next month is gonna feel like tommarrow. u know.
    chat Quote

Hayaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    I ♥ الله‎
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A timetable sounds like a great idea. Some people work better under pressure it seems. In my case, not trying to boast or anything, I always manage to finish my work no matter how late I start. But to save the headache and stress, it's better to start earlier. In the worst case scenario, moms are great at helping you manage your time :P

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. -Mark Twain
    I couldn't resist

لا اله الا الــلـــه

chat Quote

ژاله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there is a dua for laziness, hope it helps
    اَللّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعِجْزِ ، وَالْكَسْلِ، وَالْجُبْنِ ، وَالْهَرَمِ ، وَالْبُخْلِ ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ.
    O Allah, I seek refuge in You from weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, anxiety and sorrow, and I seek refuge in You from the torments of grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trials and tribulations of life and death.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    _PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dude try wht i told u it works. Lets say u have like a half and hour b4 skool starts and prayer time hits in and ur lazy.. be like ... i gotta be patient. in a short while its gonna be the next day. if what i said makes scence...but i hope u knw wht i'm tryna say
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Have a clear goal in mind and remind yourself of it often. What are you working for? Why are you doing what you're doing?

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTugjssqOT0
    Read this: http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles...astination.htm
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...lf-discipline/
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...-productivity/

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

aminahjaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh I put stuff off way to much. I usually end up doing all school assignments right at the last minute. Like I do all essays the night before and homework the class before. But, is it really that bad? I think some people are just wired that way, they need the deadlines right in front of them in order to give it their best work. But recently I noticed that I'm not getting some stuff done so I make a general schedule of things I got to do that day to keep me on track.

Allahuakbar
    2egcm4g 1 - Prioritization! Time Management!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aminahjaan View Post
    Oh I put stuff off way to much. I usually end up doing all school assignments right at the last minute. Like I do all essays the night before and homework the class before. But, is it really that bad? I think some people are just wired that way, they need the deadlines right in front of them in order to give it their best work. But recently I noticed that I'm not getting some stuff done so I make a general schedule of things I got to do that day to keep me on track.
    If it works for you, why not?

But do you procrastinate?

Read the articles Bro Maalik posted, I only read the first one it does have some good points.
    chat Quote

23. Hide
Hey there! Prioritization! Time Management! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Prioritization! Time Management!