× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 40 visibility 5019

How to SAVE LI/IB

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How to SAVE LI/IB

Report bad ads?

so, how to do it?
    since it's inception, the forum always had something going on, also we were a lot more diverse, with a lot of gangster bro's and sis's who enlivened debate-not by trolling btw-,and made sure that no single faction gained the upper hand.

but now, our beloved forum has gone silent, many members left and so on, perhaps we should reflect on what made that happen?
    being an oldie, I think I myself have lost much of my youthful enthusiasm, and cannot engage in epic debates anymore apparently,,, those whose forte was jokes and humor should pick it up, those who can debate should burn the fires again, and the quality of threads should go up instead of bordering on the generic since we have so many members now

..or maybe I'm over-reacting or plain bored >_>?
    How to SAVE LI/IB

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How to SAVE LI/IB

format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad View Post
    ..or maybe I'm over-reacting or plain bored >_>?
    No, you are not!

I agree with most of what you said, Its not the old forum I used to see
    How to SAVE LI/IB

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oki doki gooey bogey
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Danah View Post
    No, you are not!

I agree with most of what you said, Its not the old forum I used to see
    ;_;

edit:the message I've typed is too short, hence I need to have ten letters to be able to post, hence this sentence.
    Last edited by alcurad; 09-29-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: my liver wants to, I can't resist, so, how's everyone doing?
    How to SAVE LI/IB

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I like this forum. Members here are great.

The people who left the forum must have other things to do. People get busy, have problems and put those needs first than anything else.
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 09-29-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    How to SAVE LI/IB

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It pleases me to see members actively participating in Forum issues. Sometimes it's not just about being in staff, you can do just as much outside as well. There are many members, whom I will not mention, who do this. They are always on the lookout on reporting posts etc that might have a negative impact on the forum. Others are always sparking new ideas!

Okay, well, about the debates. When I had assumed ownership of this forum a few months ago, the Jannah Network implemented a lot of things Alhamdulillah. Just a few weeks ago, I spoke to the staff about how these debates are always being closed, and it's becoming annoying because this IS a public forum. At the end of our short discussion, it was decided that as long as the debates don't go deep into Fiqh or Aqeedah, the discussions will stay OPEN. You can protest any of our thread closures by reporting it on the HelpDesk or reporting the post, and I personally will be glad to assist you.

In terms of the forum dying out... Yes, our statistics were quite bad during the month of Ramadan. That upset me at first, but I realized that means the Muslim community must be doing something more worthwhile Insha'Allah, Alhamdulillah. After Ramadan, like yesterday and the past few days, our post counts and user activity have exceeded to the highest this month, Masha'Allah.

If you have any suggestions which we can use to increase popularity of the forum or anything you want seen on IslamicBoard (that is appropriate), then please do send in your ideas. I'd be glad to review them!

Jazakumullahu Khair to all of you for participating and making this forum what it is.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad View Post
    so, how to do it?
    since it's inception, the forum always had something going on, also we were a lot more diverse, with a lot of gangster bro's and sis's who enlivened debate-not by trolling btw-,and made sure that no single faction gained the upper hand.

but now, our beloved forum has gone silent, many members left and so on, perhaps we should reflect on what made that happen?
    I haven't really noticed a big decline in activity since I've been here, but maybe I just haven't been watching closely enough.

Perhaps the reason you feel that the threads have become generic is that the same topics often get brought up repeatedly.

I agree with you about the diversity of forum members having diminished. I remember we used to have a few regular Jewish contributors, but I've not come across any Jewish input for quite a while now. There was also the overnight cull of atheists and agnostics that happened in a mad moment several months ago.

Still, according to the members list there are currently 8102 members on board, and although many of them will not be active, I'm sure things could be worse. I still think this forum is one of the best ways for Muslims and non-Muslims from all corners of the earth to talk to each other, and long may it continue.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm, less moderating? I mean really what drew me to the forum were the debates, any question was allowed, and we went as deep as we wanted to, but then again there were several non-Muslims around thus it was 'ok' to ask since they were doing it too, now no one asks it seems, for conformity or something else I'm not sure, but either way, I think we need to have deep, engaging debates,and not refer new comers to old threads, and tell them to read this link or that, they should debate it anew, I mean really, no one will bother reading a 20+ page thread, asking the questions and struggling with the problem is a much better way to learn and makes people come back to see what is being said and so on.

this is of course drawn from my experience, but yeah. also, people were less inhibited, or how to put it, more open to joiking and not taking themselves too seriously all the time, this wasn't just in the humor section, but in all sections, hence the mood was lightened, and those who made mistakes were tolerated instead of viewd negatively.

^this romanticizes a bit, but I want to capture the feelings we had early on, so that the new members can live that experience again, the reason I stick around-even though I don't post much-is usually to read an interesting thread/discussion, and I assume it's the same for everyone else., so plainly and in a nutshell:

1. new threads that deal with already dealt with topics should not be taken down, let people learn for themselves, even if we have the answers, they don't, and for the sake of the forum we should let them ask and wonder instead of directing them to a thread that's been dead for 3 years etc.

2. stop posting ultra-mega-gigantic copy-pastes unless it's entirely essential, people need to understand what they are posting, this seems strange, but if you paste a 50+ reply, chances are you don't need to post all of it.

3. more questioning, less inhibiting, this might lead to uncomfortable questions, but Islam is not a mystery, and there is no deep secret surrounding it's answers to life and everything, and again, people asking and learning would fulfill the point of this website being called 'Forum'.

4. more charismatic posting, I personally remember taking a break form the forum and upon return seeing someone called guven posting like crazy in every thread there was, it was mostly pictures of nature too <_< , the point? staying in one section instead of seeing the rest of them means people don't interact more, hence the quality of what's being said is decreased since the same people can't keep posting forever. ie. people should look in other sections as well.

5. continuing from 4: perhaps too many sections has contributed to this? I remember we had very few sections, hence I had to see others posts even if I didn't care much for reading them, and many surprised me with how witty/funny/deep they were.
    for the first year I didn't enter the humor section once, mostly lurking in world affairs/comparative religion, I still do that mostly, but then I found that there were good posts, and that I could also contribute to the help section, since most people were asking for simple common sense, not elaborate complicated replies, though the latter are useful as well.

finally, I think the-radio?- audio program Rashad started was a really good idea, more things/events/etc that only need some effort rather than exceptional knowledge/skills would boost participation.

otherwise, life takes a toll, and it should, so being busy with special events like Ramadan or Hajj/exams/work/family/travel/good food/anime etc are all legitimate reasons for not posting, also taking a break every once in a while so that it doesn't get boring are good points to keep in mind.
    Last edited by alcurad; 09-29-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    How to SAVE LI/IB

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with everything Brother Alcurad has said. It's a matter of getting it to the staff.

Well, good luck with that!

*rushes off*
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

czgibson, I do agree, this is one of the few places I learned about Islam and other beliefs in a meaningful way

the Jewish members leaving for good is slightly disheartening, given most were well versed in their own teachings, not to mention they all seemed well intentioned people.

but then I think given that they don't really call for conversion/spreading their own religion it is rather expected there aren't many of them around.
    How to SAVE LI/IB

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Reminds me of this thread.

(That was not a coded admonition to 'use the search function', this thread genuinely reminds me of the other, even though they are distinct).
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you,

I think this is a good forum, and people with different views are respected, so hats off to the moderators for all their hard work, and keeping the forum peaceful.

On a side note, maybe the moderators need to have their ten million dollar annual bonuses restored, to keep them in line with the banking industry.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric
    How to SAVE LI/IB

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, there were some femanists on the forum.
    If someone naughty comes,offend them, bann them...

I have an occount on gawaher and sunnipath forum and they are very prudent. I think this forum needs stricter rules.I have seen many anti islamic stuff on here. It is a nice forum afterall.
    Last edited by Rasema; 09-30-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema View Post

Salaam.

I really don't mind feminism as long as they don't get extreme.
    How to SAVE LI/IB

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Salaam.

I really don't mind feminism as long as they don't get extreme.
    I do. Everyone agrees with them. When I post something on sunnipath forum regarding women issues it comes out to be a good allegation but here ahhh i need to delete my inbox.
    chat Quote

_PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, dude.. times changes u know. some people get bored.. they want to do new things. but i would sujjest to people to keep in touch with this forum. it will help keep u on the right track.
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AssalamuAlaykum

Yups, I agrees. The forum has indeed gone dead....So, what we gonna do about it?

Fing is, people grow up, move on, get married, evolve into humans etc etc well the last one is for me actually, my fishy days are over alhamdulillah.

So yah, basically you gotta just wait for the new batch of forummers to come and take over innit..Well thats my 2 rupees, dont know if its actually relevant coz havnt read any of the other replies.

Ah well, Wassalam
    How to SAVE LI/IB

s a b r
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema View Post

People tend to have different ideas about what a feminist is, so what is your idea of a feminist? Anyways, I don't see any need to ban somebody just because she's feminist. I might differ with some of their views, but as long as there is a civil discussion that is not breaking any rules, they can stick around.

I have an occount on gawaher and sunnipath forum and they are very prudent. I think this forum needs stricter rules.
    What sort of stricter rules are needed?

I have seen many anti islamic stuff on here.
    Then report it. We don't leave anti Islamic posts lying around on purpose.
    How to SAVE LI/IB

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Well i still think, there should be a marriage section!!!

I do however like the Memorisation initiative!!!

And the advice section should be broken down to 1) Issues with Islam and 2) All other issues

Also, i think the forum should also set a sort of friendship/buddy system for the members. So there is more of a sense of community and brotherhood as well as support. You know to help each other out and be interactive. Further this is something which is more important with people who may have less friends, or feel lonely, or are new muslims who may need extra support.... I dont expect the staff to do this, but rather people who are willing to be a mentor or something. Maybe we can have a new breed of "mentors" to go along side"moderaters" . Im in.

Im sleepy. Allah will take care of my affairs. Goodnight

FiAmaaniAllah
    How to SAVE LI/IB

LI Member
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Hope i didnt kill the thread. Good night

FiAmaaniAllah
    How to SAVE LI/IB

LI Member
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! How to SAVE LI/IB Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How to SAVE LI/IB