× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 2424

what is wrong with a person who does this?

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

If someone never prays and then starts to pray by becoming influenced by certain member of his/her family and then after a few months just cant be bothered any more. If this person hasnt been able to get a job in years and while they are praying they get numerous job offers and start work and still say that it is through their own hard work and effort that they got this success and not because they have become a practising muslim. Bear in mind that this person knows about Islam and has sufficient knowledge but just choses to ignore it.
    If this person makes no real effort to pray while at work and feels its no big deal if they missed a prayer or a few prayers. Eventually they give up praying completely only a few months after they started. When you tell them to pray they say If i pray it will be for me its nothing to do with you.
    What do you say to a person like this? How can you bring him/her back to the right path?
    Jazakallah khair.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Sampharo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: what is wrong with a person who does this?

You say nothing more but "Hadaka Allah" which is God grant you guidance. "It is true you will not be able to guide every one whom you love; but Allah guides those whom He wills and He knows best those who receive guidance. " [28:56]

The only thing wrong with him is that he doesn't have faith, doesn't truly believe, doesn't care to.

Of course nobody says give up, but don't think that the person is doing this because you still need to say something right that will click in their logic and will make them see the light. No. You said what needs to be said and his answers and responses are just typical answers of those who are not enlightened yet. If he is not destined to die like this, then God will guide him when it is time. Otherwise it is out of your hand. Every now and then kindly remind him to pray and that those who do not pray will not have any deeds counted and will be in hellfire.

Jazakallahu Khairan for making dawah for your brothers

Iblis's eternal destination in the Hellfire is due to Arrogance, not Disbelief.

wwwislamicboardcom - what is wrong with a person who does this?
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and as for those without faith... it is the same wether you warn them or not...

so.. i say.. WARN THEM and hope for guidance from Allaah what more can you do eh?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

tetsujin's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    If someone never prays and then starts to pray by becoming influenced by certain member of his/her family and then after a few months just cant be bothered any more. If this person hasnt been able to get a job in years and while they are praying they get numerous job offers and start work and still say that it is through their own hard work and effort that they got this success and not because they have become a practising muslim. Bear in mind that this person knows about Islam and has sufficient knowledge but just choses to ignore it.
    If this person makes no real effort to pray while at work and feels its no big deal if they missed a prayer or a few prayers. Eventually they give up praying completely only a few months after they started. When you tell them to pray they say If i pray it will be for me its nothing to do with you.
    What do you say to a person like this? How can you bring him/her back to the right path?
    Jazakallah khair.

There's nothing wrong with him/her.

All the best,

Faysal
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin View Post
    There's nothing wrong with him/her.

All the best,

Faysal
    Anon didn't ask whether there is something wrong with him/her, rather anon asked and pls allow me to quote:

Originally Posted by AnonymousGender viewpost 1 - what is wrong with a person who does this?
    Jazakallah khair.

all the best

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - what is wrong with a person who does this?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    Anon didn't ask whether there is something wrong with him/her
    I believe the title of the thread was the most relevant question, as it was so phrased.

For the benefit of the questioner:

#2) Ask the person how he/she feels about his/her faith. There was no indication of any input from the other person.

#3) You have presumed you know the right path. As I do not share your conviction, my answer to this question will not assist you.

All the best,

Faysal
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe the title of the thread was the most relevant question, as it was so phrased.
    was the movie 'Fried Green tomatoes' about Fried Green tomatoes?
    what is more important in your opinion? title or the presentation?
    For the benefit of the questioner:

#2) Ask the person how he/she feels about his/her faith. There was no indication of any input from the other person.
    I agree there.

#3) You have presumed you know the right path. As I do not share your conviction, my answer to this question will not assist you.
    Which begs the question of why you'd answer a thread where you can offer no help to the specific question asked? This isn't about your personal convictions We all know that you are a former 'Muslim' who is now an atheist and sympathetic to folks who swerve.. but the OP doesn't wish that end for the person of whom s/he is seeking advise clearly .. what were you hoping for?
    All the best,

Faysal
    Indeed!

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - what is wrong with a person who does this?

chat Quote

DigitalStorm82's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Best Case Scenario for Athiest - Nothing After This Life.
    Worst Case Scenario for Athiest - Hellfire for Eternity.

Best Case Scenario for a Believer - Eternal Paradise
    Worst Case Scenario for a Disbeliever - Nothing after this life - Turn to Dust. The End.

Take your pick.
    chat Quote

Innocent Soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The best thing u can do is just pray for him and Allah knows best .
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If someone never prays and then starts to pray by becoming influenced by certain member of his/her family and then after a few months just cant be bothered any more.

It means his faith is weak. Tell him about the punishemnt in the grave & hell especially punishments for those who miss prayers on purpose.

If this person hasnt been able to get a job in years and while they are praying they get numerous job offers and start work and still say that it is through their own hard work and effort that they got this success and not because they have become a practising muslim. Bear in mind that this person knows about Islam and has sufficient knowledge but just choses to ignore it.

In that case, tell them that's true. the person will go to his own grave and his actions will affect his condition in the grave & the afterlife.

Warn them about the severity of the Day of Judgment & punishments in grave & hell and pray for their guidance.

Also, plz put spaces between paragraphs. it's so difficult to read long blocks of writing. When i see them , i want to close the page and not read anything at all.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

what is more important in your opinion? title or the presentation?
    I haven't seen that one. Was it a biography or documentary?

All the best,

Faysal
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I haven't seen that one. Was it a biography or documentary?

All the best,

Faysal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_G...oes_%28film%29

all the best

chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

All you can do is warn them as much as possible and pray for them. Allah guides whom he wills and misguide whom he wills

ae8iug 1 - what is wrong with a person who does this?

wwwislamicboardcom - what is wrong with a person who does this?
    chat Quote

layla is here's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

actually it was about fried green tomatoes in a little part. They were making them in the kitchen in that one scene lol but it wasn't entirely about fried green tomatoes. There was a bigger picture there. As is there a bigger picture to this question then what the post was talking about. I love that movie by the way. Thanks for bringing it up.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here View Post
    actually it was about fried green tomatoes in a little part. They were making them in the kitchen in that one scene lol but it wasn't entirely about fried green tomatoes. There was a bigger picture there. As is there a bigger picture to this question then what the post was talking about. I love that movie by the way. Thanks for bringing it up.
    The fried green tomatoes scene is rather a Euphemism for love making in an unconventional/questionable relationship.. the movie really had nothing to do with exchanging recipes or what to do with end of season tomatoes, and though I have no interest in discussing the movie, I'd rather focus on answering the OP's queries which were glossed over or dismissed by someone who finds bringing someone back to Islam a sort of direct offense to free thought, and would rather shift the theme perhaps out of identification with the person in question to battle his own demons while eliciting distaste for veering someone back to what the rest of us consider 'The straight path' ..

chat Quote

20. Hide
Hey there! what is wrong with a person who does this? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. what is wrong with a person who does this?