star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hijab problems

Report bad ads?

I have been wearing hijab for 3 years alhamdulillah. but the last year I have had no luck finding a job. I have been to at least 10 interviews and nobody hired me. my mother thinks I should stop wearing my hijab out to look for work. I don't know what to do. I can't keep going like this. What should I do?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: hijab problems

format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here View Post
    .. my mother thinks I should stop wearing my hijab
    No sis ; we are not allowed to do this . We must obey our parents but obeying Allah comes first.

Rizk comes from Allah . Don't worry . InshaAllah u will be granted what is good for your this life and hereafter.

U may try for alternate like small business , online jobs etc etc. Also why a job is so important to you that u are even thinking of abandoning hijab ?
    Last edited by Muslim Woman; 10-17-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    hijab problems

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hijab is not a fashion accessory ! .......apply more and at interviews shake the lady interviewer's hand as if you wer a monster it should make a good impression of how strong ur personality is
    chat Quote

nebula's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sister muslim woman made made a gd point,

Allah is the provider sis, if Allah wills then you'll get a job its not about your hijab, Allah provides for the birds the trees subhannAllah he will provide you with a job inshAllah make dua and have sabr Allah loves the saabiroon.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If that was my mother I wud kindly say 'no thanks mom' & never let go of my deen.

Maybe u are gettin rejected for something else...do u really think its all down 2 Hijab?
    hijab problems

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have been wearing hijab for 3 years alhamdulillah. but the last year I have had no luck finding a job. I have been to at least 10 interviews and nobody hired me. my mother thinks I should stop wearing my hijab out to look for work. I don't know what to do. I can't keep going like this. What should I do?
    Sister,

I am in Canada too, I am kind of confused. I went to any stores, there are some new employees since economy is getting better. I see, hijabi sisters are nowwhere, it seems no problem in this issue.

I get frustrated too and done 10-15 good interviews, nobody is hiring me....I will push harder this time.
    Last edited by Humbler_359; 10-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    hijab problems

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ive been searching for 9 months

i get called in on interviews and it feels like as soon as they see my beard (its very long) they make up their minds.

i tick every box, i demand reasons for why i wasnt selected and its always (we decided to go with someone else, nothing more) many even said "there is no point where we could fault you"

so all i say sis is, ALLAH DOES EVERYTHING FOR THE BEST!

never EVER EVER EVER compromise your religion

i would feel like i sold my religion if i get a job after trimming/shaving my beard, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night

i've undertaken some projects to earn money without working for anyone in a halal way

seriously, your a girl... a husband can provide for you! you shouldnt be under pressure.

i have a lot of people relying on me.. and im still not even considering shaving my beard

plz do the right thing

assalamu alaikum
    hijab problems

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asslamu Aliakum.

There are many people who are having great difficulty finding a job. Don't take off your Hijab. You'll find work eventually.
    hijab problems

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am not having much responses either i had given my cv to many companies even when i was told personally that they were hiring the minute they had seen me coming they said no on the spot.

even the security guard who was also a hindu stoped me coming in and he said we are not hiring here because he seen me coming with my c.v would you believe that and i said are you manager or who you are to tell me that the company is not hiring i could not believe the ignorance it was hardly surprizing though either the mangers were mostly hindu and some other religion. i recently went to interview then and they refused me a place today but i would never remove my hijab for no one i have a lot of experience and i am confident i will get a job one day..
    hijab problems

ae8iug 1 - hijab problems

wwwislamicboardcom - hijab problems
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Sampharo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not getting a job has a thousand reasons and I have heard this "Can't get a job despite dozens of interviews... what is wrong with me...why are they doing this..." So on, so forth, and these people were not wearing hijabs or growing beards, so do not attrivute everything to hijab.

However, even if it is. Would you WANT this job that was given to you when you let go of your hijab and became uncovered?

At least I can understand a brother thinking of shaving his beard. The beard is the one with the scary stigma, and they're the ones who are required in Islam to earn and spend on the family, so if he fears poverty then it becomes a necessity, and God knows best. But what's your excuse? What is your desperate need for a job? Earn more money to buy more stuff? Is that money sister worth your religion?

Your call.

And God knows best
    hijab problems

Iblis's eternal destination in the Hellfire is due to Arrogance, not Disbelief.

chat Quote

mahfuja's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis trust me nothing is worth compromising your religion for and certainly not a duniya desire like a job! I re iterate what everyone has been advising that yes maybe you want a job, maybe you desperately need one for whatever reason but do you reckon there would be any Barakah in that job or the money you earn if you take your hijaab of for that job?

The Almighty works in mysterious ways subhan'Allah but always in the way which He knows is best for us! He knows what we do not and when nothing seems to be going our way leave everything up to Allah ta'ala and instil your immense faith in him and you'll see insha'Allah the outcome will be positive
    hijab problems

WithHardship Indeed There is Ease [94:6]

Sponsor me www.justgiving.com/mahfuja-ahmed. Running 10K for Nour (Domestic Violence).
    chat Quote

AlbanianMuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Keep trying sis, even if you have to go to 100 interviews. You never know, this may be a test from Allah swt to see if you are truly committed to wearing it.

My cousins wife went to a lot of interviews before she was finally hired to work at a lab at a local university. Dont let something like this push you to take the hijab off. Its not a fashion accessory you can put on and take off when you feel its getting in the way of things, your mother is your mother and yes you must respect her but you cannot go against Islam even for her.
    chat Quote

layla is here's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo View Post
    Not getting a job has a thousand reasons and I have heard this "Can't get a job despite dozens of interviews... what is wrong with me...why are they doing this..." So on, so forth, and these people were not wearing hijabs or growing beards, so do not attrivute everything to hijab.

However, even if it is. Would you WANT this job that was given to you when you let go of your hijab and became uncovered?

At least I can understand a brother thinking of shaving his beard. The beard is the one with the scary stigma, and they're the ones who are required in Islam to earn and spend on the family, so if he fears poverty then it becomes a necessity, and God knows best. But what's your excuse? What is your desperate need for a job? Earn more money to buy more stuff? Is that money sister worth your religion?

Your call.

And God knows best
    well I need to pay rent even though I live with my mother. She still makes me pay her.
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Keep trying. Many people who don't wear hijab or are not even Muslim find it hard to find a job. You can't be sure that's the reason why. Just keep trying and be patient, and keep your faith in Allah.
    hijab problems

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hang in there sis, my bro has rejected many jobs for them not allowing him to pray/go to jumuah. he is a tiler, but hey it's still a job so yh, dont give up your deen this dunya is worth rubbish....
    hijab problems

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

transition?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To Him I return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If a woman of the people of Paradise were to look out over the people of this earth, it would light up everything in between and fill it with fragrance, and the veil of her head is better than this world and everything in it.” (Al-Bukhari)

hijab problems

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by transition? View Post
    If a woman of the people of Paradise were to look out over the people of this earth, it would light up everything in between and fill it with fragrance, and the veil of her head is better than this world and everything in it.” (Al-Bukhari)

awwwww thanks for sharing that sis
    hijab problems

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo View Post

Your call.

And God knows best
    well i don't know about that brother maybe your right but before i had become muslim i was getting to many offers for jobs like to many!! when you are told a place is hiring from an insider so surely what reason would they have to refuse you?when you know well they are hiring, why would they turn around and say no liike many employers have told me my veil is beautiful but they could be putting on the act maybe the companies are actually afraid if anything was to happen on the job like discrimination from another staff member maybe they are afraid they will be taken to court. i think they want to protect there company also you know.
    hijab problems

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Indeed – do not deny your religion but it is a matter of debate as to whether wearing hijab or a beard is a requirement of your religion. Many Muslims have decided that God does not require it and many non Muslims (including myself who has studied the question in depth) have decided that these things are worn as a matter of uniform, to identify yourself as Muslim as distinct from kafir not because God commanded it so. So wear you hijab and grow your beard but recognise that you will be judged by many non Muslims not as a pious or deeply devout devotee of God but as a flag carrier for the cause. Like it or not, that’s the way it is.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
    Indeed – do not deny your religion but it is a matter of debate as to whether wearing hijab or a beard is a requirement of your religion.
    It should be made clear, however, that from the mainstream/orthodox position, wearing the hijaab is an obligation.

As far as I'm aware, it only became a 'matter of debate' in recent times but there is no disagreement amongst the orthodoxy on the issue.
    hijab problems

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! hijab problems Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. hijab problems