× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 17 of 17 visibility 2296

Question about something

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question about something

Report bad ads?

There is this website that my brother got from his friend. On the website you ask a question, like what is my name? And they give you accurate answers. The thing is, one of my brothers tried it and he typed 'what is my name?' and he got the right answer. But there is something weird. You see my brothers have different English teachers. The one who asked what is my name got his answer, and right after that, my other brother asked 'what is my English teacher's name?' and he got the correct answer of his English teacher's name. The thing im wondering about is how did this website know that my other brother was asking the question? I mean they could have made a mistake and gave the name of my other brother's English teacher, because he was the one who asked the first question. This might sound confusing but hope you get it.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    titus's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Question about something

What was the website?
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My brothers who went to this website are younger than me and i did not like them to use that kind of website. I dont think i should mention the website, but i can describe it. First there is a petition that you have to answer, then the question box will open and you ask a question. After a few seconds it answers. But it was strange how they knew which brother asked the question, and therefore gave him the right answer.
    chat Quote

MT2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you mean that your brothers would type in the question, then they were using a website purposely made to puzzle people. I remember a coworker fooled us with such a website 2 years back, I just don't recall how it worked exactly...
    Question about something

"Be content with what you have, Be satisfied with your dwelling place to accommodate your enterprise, Restrain your tongue, And shed tears of regret regarding past sins you committed knowingly, and those you do not recognize" - ‘Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ya they would type in the question, but there was no way they wrote the answers themselves. I saw it as well.
    chat Quote

MT2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you're talking about the "Peter" website, then in reality, they're writing the answer to the question in the petition box instead of "Peter please answer" or whatever else was written except that it appears to you that they're typing in the petition. Hope that makes sense
    Question about something

"Be content with what you have, Be satisfied with your dwelling place to accommodate your enterprise, Restrain your tongue, And shed tears of regret regarding past sins you committed knowingly, and those you do not recognize" - ‘Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ya that one. But it was not the Peter one this time. Thanks. But there is something confusing, which i mentioned in the opening post.
    chat Quote

MT2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Afg View Post
    Ya that one. But it was not the Peter one this time. Thanks. But there is something confusing, which i mentioned in the opening post.
    The fact that your 2nd brother got the right question to his answer? The computer doesn't know the answer sis, you were just being fooled. Your brother wrote the answer to the question, which is why it appeared as the correct answer
    Question about something

chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok, that is interesting. Maybe he did and i did not see it. I'll try to check it InshaAllah. Jazak Allahu khayr.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    MT2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa Iyaki sis. I had to try it out myself before understanding it

and take a look at this- it explains it better than I ever could...

"5. Type a period "." in the "Insert Petition" box. You'll notice that the letter "P" will appear instead of a period.
    6. Type in the answer to the question. As you type each letter or number of the answer, the screen will display one more letter of the phrase, "Peter, please answer the following question:" This means no one will know that you're typing the answer to the question, because it looks like you're typing, "Peter, please answer the following question:".
    7. Type another period "." when you're done entering the answer. When you type another period, the next letter of the petition phrase ("Peter, please answer the following question:") will appear.
    8. Complete the petition phrase. Once you've typed the second period, the actual letters you type will show up on the screen. Now, just finish the phrase, being sure to end it with the colon.
    9. Type in the question. Just as above, the cursor will jump to the question box as soon as you enter the colon. Type the question that was asked, and end it with a question mark. Peter will think for a second and then display the answer that you typed."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9210712AAgH3NY
    Question about something

chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    Question about something

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh hahaha that was funny lol. Thanks.
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok i tried another one. AskJud. i put a dot and the J appears. The colon is not coming even though the full sentence is asked..
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

.. my other brother asked 'what is my English teacher's name?' and he got the correct answer .

tell him to ask what's the name of the English teacher of Muslim Woman . Let's see if he gets the correct ans.

I am sure he won't .
    Question about something

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol He wont.
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Now i feel I knew my bro was typing the petition, but i was far to see what actually was going on. And i didn't really cared that it work. But i decided to ask how it was done. At least i know now
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Now i feel ..... At least i know now

There is a Chinese proverb that says something like this : if u ask a question , you are fooled only for once but if u don't ask , you are a fool forever . So , u did the right thing
    Question about something

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Hey there! Question about something Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Question about something