× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 23 visibility 3682

I hate politicians

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hate politicians

Report bad ads?

Does anyone here get annoyed with politicians? I get the feeling they make matters worse. Sometimes I wish I could stuff all the politicians around the world into a room and let them finish each other off.

So do you hate Politicians at times? Do they really help society progress or do they simply create more problems? -_-;;
    I hate politicians

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I hate politicians

Politicians are essentially pointless most of the time. All they can really do is make speeches on how they'd like to improve things but for some reason can't, and occasionally they'll use our tax money to go to war or pay for their moats, but other than that, they don't do a great deal to be honest.
    chat Quote

mustafaisb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: I hate politicians

I know what you mean Guestfellow. IMHO governments and politicians when first formed truly care about their citizens, but inevitably they become corrupt. Most people who run for political positions are usually doing it for the power that comes from the position and don't really care about their constituents.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hate politicians, I would rather have a dictator or king, at least that would be less people to hate but with Democracy I end up hating most people 'cos they vote in these awful politicians. As they say there are a lot of sheep but only one shepherd. Politicians are masters of pulling the wool over the sheeples eyes.
    Sometimes I get so sick of all the rot in the world I think it would be best to have a full global nuclear war and the survivers if any could start again. Everything is so stale and corrupt and over populated right now.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Elizabeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Politicians do not speak for the people and that is the true problem! Even if one runs with promises of sticking up for the working class and rallying for the people, they will eventually betray them. Politicians have been the same since the beginning.
    chat Quote

Mysterious Uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont particularly hate politicians, i just don't trust them. They talk in riddles and you never know what their true agenda is. A lie detector test on all of them would be helpful. But maybe talking normally (without all that political jargon) would be better for people like me to figure out what the heck they are offering.
    I hate politicians

The believer has four characteristics: if he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks , he speaks the truth. If he passes judgment on any issue,he is just .
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What's different between comedian and politician ?.
    Comedian makes people smile, politician makes people laugh.

Brother, sister, if you come to Indonesian and watch what Indonesian politicians did, I am sure you will die causes by laugh too much.
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post

Does anyone here get annoyed with politicians? I get the feeling they make matters worse. Sometimes I wish I could stuff all the politicians around the world into a room and let them finish each other off.

So do you hate Politicians at times? Do they really help society progress or do they simply create more problems? -_-;;
    It's not all of the politicians, you know.

When a candidate for congress, presidency, governor, etc is running for his/her office, they naturally require campaign funds. In U.S. for example, the money you put in from your own pocket as a candidate is restricted to a certain limit. Funds must come from donors, organizations, and corporations.

Some candidates take corporate money. So what's the problem? They're donations, right? Donations with a CATCH. Please visit opensecrets.org. Some candidates take corporate funds with an underhand deal that they'll cut taxes on them etc.

Perhaps we may be angry at politicians, but we should not be angry with politics in general. We complain, yet we do nothing about it.

This semester I was unable to take many necessary subjects due to the education fund cuts in the U.S. I now hear a rumor that summer sessions will be closed, holding me back another semester. Gradually, it's causing, or actually, already has caused a detriment to many of us American students.

I don't like to go into politics too much, but I am taking Political Science this semester, so I thought I'd shed some light in the subject.

Also, not to forget... MEDIA. I'll make a reference to a book called "How to Read a Book". Too lazy to get the author's name. Anyway, the author mentions how the radio is such an amazing innovation. While engaging ourselves in other tasks, we are able to follow up on the news.

HOWEVER, most of the media is owned by... CORPORATIONS. Hint hint. Corporations make propaganda. Big whoop.

There are two types of media processing in our minds. Active and Passive. Passive is accepting anything and everything we hear. ACTIVE is when we take our own personally developed ideology and try to relate it with what we just heard. We form our OWN opinions based on our understanding, with the light of Qur'aan and Sunnah. Then, and only then, do we form an opinion with Bismillah.

But if we just pick up from the television, newspapers, magazines, and the radio passively, it'll definitely influence us. Most probably in the negative, as well.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you vote for politicians you are a supporter of their sins and that pagan Athenian system, so your going burn in Hell. All they do is lie and steal your money, you would probably get a better deal selling your soul to the Devil. Muslims and Christians don't believe in Democracy only the false ones do.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Mysterious Uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If you vote for politicians you are a supporter of their sins and that pagan Athenian system, so your going burn in Hell. All they do is lie and steal your money, you would probably get a better deal selling your soul to the Devil. Muslims and Christians don't believe in Democracy only the false ones do.
    Don't be so quick to make such wild statements brother, only Allah knows and decides who will go to hell.
    I hate politicians

The believer has four characteristics: if he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks , he speaks the truth. If he passes judgment on any issue,he is just .
    chat Quote

Elizabeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmmm well I do support democracy..

Politicians may be sneaky, but I would rather put up with greedy politicians than an oppressive ruler!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To Muslims Allah is Lord to Christians Jesus is Lord so why do some misguided Muslims and Christians vote for politicians who usurp Gods word and are ruling your life, is your religion a joke? Democracy is now an Athiest system not pagan, it fell in Greece and it dosn't work now either.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk View Post
    Don't be so quick to make such wild statements brother, only Allah knows and decides who will go to hell.
    True sister I am trying to open peoples minds a bit and make them think. I'm just sick of all that "freedom and democracy, freedom fries, freedom burger" nonsence. Allah is the best of plotters maybe all this evil democracy and politicians driving us crazy are there for His purposes?
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

with Democracy I end up hating most people 'cos they vote in these awful politicians.
    I once came across the following quote:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,
    more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
    glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
    desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
    moron."

Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    Last edited by Insaanah; 11-05-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are politicians and there are politicians and there are politicians. Each a seperate category of animal.

Politician-1 is the professional politician, the guy who is schooled only for the purpose of winning elections. That is what most of us are thinking when we think politician. (I won't state my views of them as I would have to ban myself if I did)

then there are other politicians but I have no idea what they are or how to separate them from the first group.
    I hate politicians

Herman 1 - I hate politicians

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan View Post
    I once came across the following quote:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,
    more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
    glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
    desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
    moron."

Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    Brilliant... and it has come to pass, Obamas in the house
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam doesn't needs democracy, but democracy needs Islam.

I voted for my favorite Islamic party, PKS.
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post

Isn't that the role of the UN?
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    Isn't that the role of the UN?
    I don't even know anymore.
    I hate politicians

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    OurIslamic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...don't generalize. There are some politicians who truly believe in making the world a better place. DO NOT insult them by speaking like this, they're the people who are trying to make your life better.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! I hate politicians Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I hate politicians