× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 47 visibility 6486

Am I an "Infidel" ?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Am I an "Infidel" ?

Report bad ads?

I have a question.

Am i as a Christian considerd an "Infadel"?

If am am please tell me why. If I am not please tell me who is and why.

Thanks, and God be with you.
    Last edited by Re.TiReD; 11-23-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Fixed thread title
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Am I an "Infadel" ?

'infidel' is a term invented by Christians toward Muslims, that is how the popes of yore defined Muslims to justify the crusades.. You should read more about that, history I believe is the biggest disperser of myths .....

peace
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Am I an "Infidel" ?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The term infidel comes from the Latin word infidelis, which means "unbelieving" or "unfaithful." During the Middle Ages (c. 450 – c.1500 C.E.), the Catholic Church used the term to describe Muslims. On occasion, Jews were also included in this category

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Infidel
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Am I an "Infidel" ?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    'infidel' is a term invented by Christians toward Muslims, that is how the popes of yore defined Muslims to justify the crusades.. You should read more about that, history I believe is the biggest disperser of myths .....

peace
    Thank you for replying. And your are right, history is a disperser of myths. I am just wondering what a Muslim would be thinking of me, as i am a Christian. Does a Muslim love their Christian brothers and sisters as I love my Muslim brothers and sisters?

Peace be unto you.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love my christian friends, of course I'd rather they be Muslims, but I don't impose my beliefs.. There are some Christians that I can't stand and they leave very little to be desired by way of friendship or even civil conversation. I think it is an individual thing, so the above is spoken on behalf of one!

peace
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    I love my christian friends, of course I'd rather they be Muslims, but I don't impose my beliefs.. There are some Christians that I can't stand and they leave very little to be desired by way of friendship or even civil conversation. I think it is an individual thing, so the above is spoken on behalf of one!

peace
    I love my Muslim freinds as well, sometimes they are there for me in a time of need, when no one else is. There are some Christians I can't stand either, but with no offense, there are some Muslims I can't stand either, especialy the ones that treat me like crap because they don't like the fact that their Muslim brothers and sisters hang out with me alot. But in general i love everyone equally no matter what they think, say or do to me. It is an individual thing, I just hope on our last days here on this earth they come to God in peace and love for all.

God be with you!
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy View Post
    I have a question.

In Islamic perspective Christian considered as infidel because Christians don't believe in Islam.
    I Christian perspective Muslim considered as infidel because Muslims don't believe in Christianity.

But it doesn't means we cannot make a good relationship and love each other.
    We can live together, study together, work together, having fun together. But we cannot worship together. In example, before lunch we cannot pray together, but we must pray separately. I pray in Islamic way and you pray in Christian way, then we lunch together, .... yummy.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

perfectly understandable indeed some Muslims too leave very little to be desired.. I didn't think this was possible as I seem to have very high tolerance for Muslims in general that I don't extend to others.. but have met a couple of members on this forum of late that surprised me and pushed my resolve.. and it is unfortunate..

May Allah swt guide us unto the path he loves and chooses.. the path of the righteous..

peace
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    In Islamic perspective Christian considered as infidel because Christians don't believe in Islam.
    I Christian perspective Muslim considered as infidel because Muslims don't believe in Christianity.

But it doesn't means we cannot make a good relationship and love each other.
    We can live together, study together, work together, having fun together. But we cannot worship together. In example, before lunch we cannot pray together, but we must pray separately. I pray in Islamic way and you pray in Christian way, then we lunch together, .... yummy.
    Well put, My wifes sister rooms with a Muslim girl at College. My wifes sister is south Indian Christian,(as is my wife) and her room mate is Pakistani Muslim. They get along great and she(Muslim) is so much fun to hang around with when we visit them.

I did go to dinner the other night with my Muslim freinds and they prayed silently as did we at the table before we ate? Is that wrong? We ate at an awesome Pakistani resturant, it's the best.

Some times it sux, i get alot of flack from poeple who don't like that i have Muslim freinds, but I don't care i have lost prob 10 freinds i grew up with but...i guess it doesn't matter. One of the Muslim family's I am freinds with just came to this country and i have done my best to make them feel welcome, they are great freinds.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well put, My wifes sister rooms with a Muslim girl at College. My wifes sister is south Indian Christian,(as is my wife) and her room mate is Pakistani Muslim. They get along great and she(Muslim) is so much fun to hang around with when we visit them.

I did go to dinner the other night with my Muslim freinds and they prayed silently as did we at the table before we ate? Is that wrong? We ate at an awesome Pakistani resturant, it's the best.

Some times it sux, i get alot of flack from poeple who don't like that i have Muslim freinds, but I don't care i have lost prob 10 freinds i grew up with but...i guess it doesn't matter. One of the Muslim family's I am freinds with just came to this country and i have done my best to make them feel welcome, they are great freinds.
    Nothing wrong with prayed silently.
    Muslim and Christian cannot pray together but I think that is not a problem for you and your Muslim friends.

Brother, in my previous post I told you about Islam's and Christian's perspective about infidel, but that just a religion's perspective. I never want to call you infidel. I have many Christian friends, even some of my family members are Christians.

Unfortunately I live in the other side of the earth. So, I cannot visit your home.

chat Quote

Al-Indunisiy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love my christian friends,
    But isn't this contrary to al-walaa' wa-l-baraa' doctrine?
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/Peace

.. Does a Muslim love their Christian brothers and sisters as I love my Muslim brothers and sisters?
    Muslims are not allowed to hate anyone just because s/he is a Christian. Remember , in Islam , Jews and Christians are considered as ' people of the holy book ' .

related links : Do Muslims Hate non-Muslims?

.....Muslims hate Kufr, or disbelief in Allah, the Almighty. Since we love all people, we hate their disobedience of Allah, the Most High. So, even when people deny the existence of Allah we do not hate them personally; however, we hate their disbelief and disobedience of Allah, Exalted be He.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545526

Does Islam Forbid Befriending Non-Muslims?

...Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just.

Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543362
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Indunisiy View Post
    But isn't this contrary to al-walaa' wa-l-baraa' doctrine?
    why so? it is illogical to 'hate' people who did nothing to you, and are furthermore your friends, no?
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have a question.

Peace with you

we muslims can love and have friends whose are not muslims. We had here before very marvelous friend, called Snakelegs. When we got information about hers passing away we were sad here even she wasn´t muslim.

We have here also Glo and we enjoy about news from hers garden. How it is now, dear Glo by the way?

You are as welcomed to us italianguy than any other. Hope you will enjoy your time with us, your sisters and brothers in islam.

Am I an "Infidel" ?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Christians and Jews have a very high position in Islaam. Not like any other religion. They are the ahlul kitaab people of the scripture. And are closest to Islaam.

Yet sadly throughout time these religions have changed dramatically and actually adopted heretical views, probably influenced by the time and era they flurished in.

In particular the Qur'aan describes over and over again, the very humble nature of the early Christians, who would fall on their faces in prostration to the all-Mighty Lord upon realising that indeed the Qur'aan is the truth as the Torah and Bible were.

However since many Christians and Jews deviated from the principles of their monothiestic faith, they are considered Mushriks in Islaam. Meaning that they ascribe partners to Allah, anything from sons to mothers. Even though this goes against the ten commandments that Moses himself came with.

3 Do not have any other gods before me.
    Exodus 20:2–17
    Allah has sent Messenger after Messenger throughout time and mankind believed. The jews however denied Jesus and thus became unbelievers, and in a similar fashion christians denied the last of Messengers Muhammad, and also became unbelievers.

In Islaam when we mention the word love, it has a greater meaning then in english, it is a very deep emotion and it is the same emotion that if directed towards Allah is considered worship. Because of these implications and many more, we are not allowed to love a non muslim, yes we might have feelings for them as when a muslim man marries a christian or jewish lady, but full love we are forbidden from.

Yet as muslims we should treat any human being with mercy, muslim or non muslim, be he hindu or athiest, actually forget human beings even animals!

Our Prophet came to complete good manners, and as Muslims we should follow in his footsteps.
    Last edited by Khaldun; 11-21-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

IK 4 1 - Am I an "Infidel" ?

Click it and you wont regret it!
    www.khaldun.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Christianity and Islam are the two largest world religions. Between us, we have 50% of the world's population adhering to our great religions. We worship the same God, revere the same holy lands and share the same problems. There is nothing else for us to do then befriend one another, show each other love, understand each other's religions and treat each other with friendly, if not brotherly, love. I would consider Muslims my brothers and sisters as much as I would consider Catholics my brothers and sisters.
    chat Quote

sudais1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have a question.

You are an infidel, your kafir.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun View Post

The Christians and Jews have a very high position in Islaam. Not like any other religion. They are the ahlul kitaab people of the scripture. And are closest to Islaam.

Yet sadly throughout time these religions have changed dramatically and actually adopted heretical views, probably influenced by the time and era they flurished in.

In particular the Qur'aan describes over and over again, the very humble nature of the early Christians, who would fall on their faces in prostration to the all-Mighty Lord upon realising that indeed the Qur'aan is the truth as the Torah and Bible were.

However since many Christians and Jews deviated from the principles of their monothiestic faith, they are considered Mushriks in Islaam. Meaning that they ascribe partners to Allah, anything from sons to mothers. Even though this goes against the ten commandments that Moses himself came with.

Allah has sent Messenger after Messenger throughout time and mankind believed. The jews however denied Jesus and thus became unbelievers, and in a similar fashion christians denied the last of Messengers Muhammad, and also became unbelievers.

In Islaam when we mention the word love, it has a greater meaning then in english, it is a very deep emotion and it is the same emotion that if directed towards Allah is considered worship. Because of these implications and many more, we are not allowed to love a non muslim, yes we might have feelings for them as when a muslim man marries a christian or jewish lady, but full love we are forbidden from.

Yet as muslims we should treat any human being with mercy, muslim or non muslim, be he hindu or athiest, actually forget human beings even animals!

Our Prophet came to complete good manners, and as Muslims we should follow in his footsteps.
    Wow! Thanks for the great reply.

Peace be unto you.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1 View Post
    You are an infidel, your kafir.
    Be Careful who you call a Kafir

"As to those who reject Faith, It is the same to them Whether thou warn them Or do not warn them; They will not believe." The Holy Quran, 02:06 Al Baqarah.

Abdullah Yusuf Ali's commentary: Kufr, Kafara, Kafir, and derivative forms of the word, imply a deliberate rejection of Faith as opposed to a mistaken idea of Allah or faith, which is not consistent with an ernest desire to see the truth. Where there is sch desire, the Grace and Mercy of Allah gives guidance. But that guidance is not efficacious when it is deliberately rejected, and the possibility of rejection follows from the grant of free will. The consequence of the rejection is that spiritual faculties become dead or impervious to better influence.

Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

We must always maintain courtesy, diplomacy and a never-dying zeal to convey the message to others no matter how discouraging or useless it may seem - don't give up on a non-muslim because most people are good people who simply need a break from the anti-Islamic propaganda around them.

The Fastest Way to Leave Islam

It is always safest to assume that a non-muslim has been misguided, misinformed and fed lies and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims - don't jump to calling him a Kafir. Remove the name-calling from your articles and websites - wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry - name-calling, especially wrongly branding someone as 'evil', 'kafr' and 'manifestation of satan' - GHEEBOT - could entail dire consequences for us on Judgement Day.

Perhaps there is no faster way to leave Islam than by calling other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination.

About calling other Muslims "kafir," we read the following hadith: It is reported on the authority of Ibn `Umar that the Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Muslim]

Therefore, if you call other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination, you could find that you have left Islam, according to the words of the Prophet (s.a.w.), in less than a second.

Waste no time debating what a good Muslim should be. Be one!

Guiding a Non-Muslim to Islam only possible by the Grace of God. Our job is to help others understand Islam - that is our basic duty. And only then inshallah, will non-muslims move in the direction of becoming one of us. We must remain positive, open-minded and generous in our efforts to convey the true message.

You cannot encourage a non-muslim to be understanding and open-minded if you yourself are hot-tempered and hurling accusations at him/her. No non-muslim is going to respect you and it will certainly reflect badly on Islam if a Muslim, a representative of Islam, is narrow-minded.

I pray to Allah that we develop patience and sincerity in our efforts to bring about more tolerance in this world. Remember....every human being, regardless of whether he/she is born to Muslim or Non-Muslim parents, is born innocent and pure...it is society that influences him/her to stray from Islam and just as a person can stray, he/she can revert back and YOU can help this process.

We have a very important and sensitive role to play. We are the trusted Ummah of the Rasool, a servant of God...it has been made our duty and our obligation to pass on the pure, unadulterated truth - make honest and full use of this honourable task.
    Just as reminding.
    Am I an "Infidel" ?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    Just as reminding.
    Thanks for the reply. As a Christian we are told that we have no right to judge another. That is left to God to decide.

Some cite Matthew 7:1 as proof that we should do no judging whatsoever: "Judge not, that you be not judged." Here, the Greek word for "judge" is krino, meaning to condemn, avenge, ****, sentence, or levy a punishment. Christ plainly says that if we condemn others, we will be condemned ourselves. Dangerous territory indeed!

Thanks again and God be with you.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Am I an "Infidel" ? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Am I an "Infidel" ?