× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12 visibility 2260

Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

My sister is on Facebook and has alot of friends on it, including alot of people she doesn't know very well, and she has alot of photos up and her wall is full of information about her life. I kept telling her to tone it down as alot of the photos were not appropriate and were ruining her reputation. She didn't see the harm and saw me as her boring sister. So i contacted her anonymously and said i was a concerned person wanting to warn her that many people were looking at her photos and her life and they were not all nice people who respect her. This worked straight away and she took off all photos except letting close girl friends see some and now doesn't post her whole life on the wall. She even thanked me and said it had been a wakeup call.

I am wondering if i was wrong to do this?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call

I dont see anything wrong with that sis. If it worked then masha'Allah. Although I do think she should have listened to you the first time, Khayr...Insha'Allah she wont go back to her old ways again.

s a b r
    chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    My sister is on Facebook and has alot of friends on it, including alot of people she doesn't know very well, and she has alot of photos up and her wall is full of information about her life. I kept telling her to tone it down as alot of the photos were not appropriate and were ruining her reputation. She didn't see the harm and saw me as her boring sister. So i contacted her anonymously and said i was a concerned person wanting to warn her that many people were looking at her photos and her life and they were not all nice people who respect her. This worked straight away and she took off all photos except letting close girl friends see some and now doesn't post her whole life on the wall. She even thanked me and said it had been a wakeup call.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, unfortunatley my sister nowadays there are thousands of our Muslim brothers and sisters who use these social networking sites and allow the whole world to see their pictures many of which are innappropriate and flirty where they give the impression as though they are intended to attract those who view them. Is it right for the whole world to see our sisters and daughters like this and lust over thier pictures?

A lot of the pictures that are uploade are also quite personal and include family members.

A lot of those who use these sites don't hesitate giving the whole world a detailed insight into their lives and what they get upto on a daily basis.

What they don't realise is how easy it is for anyone to copy those pictures and misuse them aswell as hack into their accounts and take their personal details including address, phone numbers e mail date of birth etc. This is a perfect opportunity for criminals to do identity fraud and for perverts to lust over our sisters, daughters and nieces.

I know of a 15 year old boy who hacked into the facebook account of a girl and took all of her details including address, E mail phone number etc and started ringing her and threatning her etc, there are MANY cases like this.

People think of such networking sites as 'innocent', but what they don't realise is what their daughter or sister or neices really get upto on these sites. Guys on their are constantly luring our sisters and daughters into having haraam relationships and all sorts of other things. This is VERY common nowadays with these social networking sites and countless guys and girls meet off these networking sites and committ all sorts of haraam and evil.

We really need to keep a close eye on what our brothers and sisters and children are getting upto on these networking sites. The younger sisters who use these sites are particularly vulnerable as they are very inexperinenced in life and naive and can easily be lured into having haraam relations with men and not only are these sites the breeding grounds for haraam relations between boys and girls but they are an utter waste of time and time is too precious to waste but we will only really realise this in the hereafter where we will regret it forever.
    Last edited by Hamza Asadullah; 11-21-2009 at 03:11 PM.

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course not. You were actually quite wise in the way you handled it. You said you were a concerned person to her right? Well, it's not a lie is it? MashaAllah.

InshaAllah your sister realises the error of her ways and doesn't go back to it. Don't tell her it was you, otherwise she'll probably revert back!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I did use a false name though, as i had to, otherwise she would have suspected it was me if i tried to be completely anonymous. The name doesn't mean anything to her though she so she still thinks it's a stranger. I was advising in the email and she has learnt from it.

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking Re: Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call

MashaAllah wat u did is so nice May Allah add it in the balance of ur good deeds, why ru worried sis?

u said 'she thinks its from a stranger'...Doesn't Allah know who that stranger Is? Allah knows everything.

u know how we're suppose to hide the good things we do like saaqah etc..let this be like that n be happy it worked.

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i agree with everyone else. im really worried about the fact someone can so easily listen to someone who is anonymous to them. people need to be careful. really.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To avoid confusion, i'm somebody else using anonymous name.

This is similar to something i have thought about doing. My older female cousin is married with one child. She dresses inappropriately and hides it from her family and goes out at night with friends to i appropriate places. I feel she is going to fall very hard one day when something bad happens or local men see her. I am thinking wether to message her brother anonymously to let him know so he can talk to her and stop this. Would this be wrong? It's abit different to the above scenario.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In this case, I personally wouldn't do it anonymously. I'd talk to the brother myself. But if you're a sister, it might just be best if you talked direct to the sister in question?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

People listen to friends more then they listen to family and that is the sad truth. Try going through people she knows.

IK 4 1 - Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call

Click it and you wont regret it!
    www.khaldun.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Try going through people she knows.
    The problem with that is it introduces and exposes her sins to more people.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

She doesn't listen to anyone, especially not a younger female cousin like myself. It would give her a wakeup call if her brother realised and talked to her.
    chat Quote

16. Hide
Hey there! Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Contacting someone anonymously to give them a wakeup call