× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 2322

Help with Zakat

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Help with Zakat

Report bad ads?

As Salam Mu Alaikum

I've been really ignorant and stupid. I'm 22 years old and have not paid Zakat. I know I have committed a major sin. I have asked ALLAH(SWT) for forgiveness. Also I want to make it right by paying all the Zakat that I have missed.

Can I do this? In future when should I pay my Zakat. I don't work but have worked in the past. Do I need to pay Zakat for anything else.

JazakALLAH-heir.
    Help with Zakat

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: Help with Zakat

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    As Salam Mu Alaikum

I've been really ignorant and stupid. I'm 22 years old and have not paid Zakat. I know I have committed a major sin. I have asked ALLAH(SWT) for forgiveness. Also I want to make it right by paying all the Zakat that I have missed.

Can I do this? In future when should I pay my Zakat. I don't work but have worked in the past. Do I need to pay Zakat for anything else.

JazakALLAH-heir.
    Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, everything you want to know about zakat and how to calculate and what to pay with etc is here:

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/Zakat/

For any questions on zakat related issues then click here and speak to a scholar about it:

http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/AskShiek.aspx
    Help with Zakat

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

Innocent Soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Help with Zakat

Assalamualakum
    We have to pay zakat in a year whether in Ramadan or another month.It is not important to pay zakat only in ramadan.
    chat Quote

Abdul Qadir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1 View Post
    Assalamualakum
    We have to pay zakat in a year whether in Ramadan or another month.It is not important to pay zakat only in ramadan.
    Hi Safiya..Salam

I thought Zakat in ramadan is Zakat Fitrrah and the other Zakat is different to it? the latter is about 2% of our annual income come end of the year?

=)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Rafeeq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir View Post
    Hi Safiya..Salam

I thought Zakat in ramadan is Zakat Fitrrah and the other Zakat is different to it? the latter is about 2% of our annual income come end of the year?

=)

Just to clarify.

Zakat is payable on our savings which is more than a certian threshod with us for the time of one year and paid 2.5% of the total amount. Link posted by Brother Hamza may please be consulted.

Just to explain a little, a girl who is married on 10 Shaban and given mehar and other gifts of jewelary etc and if it increases reaches the quantity of threshod value, she becomes eligible to pay Zakaat. now as she keeps the same threshod maintain for the whole year, next year at 10 Shabaan, she has to pay Zakaat by 2.5% of the amount of jewelary + money she has have.
    chat Quote

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here are two easy means of free charity you can practice in addition to giving what you can of your income:

First, as indicated in my signature, there is Givoogle, a variation of Google. If you use it as your search engine from now on, you'll be donating to charity automatically. They explain how it works on the site itself but basically, the money they get from the advertisers who pay them for displaying their banners at the bottom of the screen goes to charity.

Second, there is Free Rice (freerice.com). It works the same way, so that you're effectively donating rice to the poor just by answering trivia questions. They let you take multiple tries and I think there are difficulty setting adjustments, and you can switch academic subjects. The important thing is the actual banner display. And that's why you must follow their rule not to set up a posting bot system thingie: if people do that, their sponsors may find out and pull the plug and the whole thing is nixed. Just contribute yourself. They'll let you keep track of how much rice you've donated.
    Help with Zakat

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

Innocent Soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually I don't kno much about it.I heard about it in a gathering.I'm not much big to pay zakah etc my parents pay it.
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Help with Zakat Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Help with Zakat