× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 42 visibility 7626

Knox Case

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Knox Case

Report bad ads?

I don't know if you guys have been following the knox case? I don't know if Italy has the death penalty but no matter, I am glad they found her guilty.. the funny part though are the comments as usual, some Americans feel that the only brand of justice if American justice where they exonerate the white girl just because she is white, they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'--- The only democracy is American democracy, the innocent are American innocent. some blame it on the black dude even though there is no evidence against him, I suppose he is dispensable for being well a black dude, while she, well she can't be a lewd pervert who forced her roommate into sex games and then killed her for refusing..

what a strange world.. I am really all for the death penalty but I suppose we've to settle for 26 yrs..

I sometimes don't understand why folks sympathize with the killers than the victims-- that really can't be normal can it?

Knox Convicted of Killing Roommate

By ALESSANDRA RIZZO and MARTA FALCONI
    PERUGIA, Italy (Dec. 4) -- A jury in Italy convicted American college student Amanda Knox of murdering her British roommate and sentenced her to 26 years in prison shortly after midnight Saturday.
    Her Italian ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was also convicted and sentenced to 25 years.
    Skip over this content A Sensational Case
    blank 1 - Knox Case

Franco Origlia, Getty Images
    8 photos

http://www.aolcdn.com/ke/media_gallery

An Italian jury on Friday convicted American student Amanda Knox of killing her British roommate in Perugia in 2007. She was sentenced to 26 years in prison. Here, Knox is seen behind bars shortly before the verdict was announced.

As soon as the judge read the verdict after some 13 hours of deliberations, Knox began weeping and murmured, "No, no," then hugged one of her lawyers.
    Minutes later, the 22-year-old Knox, who is from Seattle and the 25-year-old Sollecito, were put in police vans with sirens blaring and driven back to jail.
    Prosecutors had sought life imprisonment, Italy's stiffest sentence. Courts often give less severe punishment than what prosecutors demand.
    The American's father, Curt Knox, asked if he would fight on for his daughter, replied, with tears in his eyes: "Hell, yes."
    "This is just wrong," her stepmother, Cassandra Knox, said, turning around immediately after hearing the verdict. Her family had insisted she was innocent and a victim of character assassination.
    Knox and Sollecito were charged with murder and sexual assault in the slaying of Meredith Kercher more than two years ago. All three were studying in Perugia in Italy's central Umbria region at the time.
    Kercher's body was found in a pool of blood with her throat slit on Nov. 2, 2007, in the bedroom of the house she shared with Knox. Prosecutors contended the 21-year-old Leeds University student was murdered the previous night.
    Skip over this content

Knox, who is from Seattle, and Sollecito, had been jailed since shortly after the slaying.
    The prosecutors contend on the night of the murder, Knox and Sollecito met at the apartment where Kercher and Knox lived. They say a fourth person was there, Rudy Hermann Guede, an Ivory Coast citizen who has been convicted in the murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison. Guede, who is appealing his conviction, says he was in the house the night of the murder but did not kill Kercher.
    The prosecution says Knox and Kercher started arguing, and that Knox joined the two men in brutally attacking and sexually assaulting the Briton under "the fumes of drugs and possibly alcohol."
    Throughout the trial, prosecutors depicted Knox as a promiscuous and manipulative she-devil whose personality clashed with her roommate's. They say Knox had grown to hate Kercher.
    During the trial, the most intimate details of Knox's life were examined, from her lax hygiene — allegedly a point of contention with Kercher — to her sex life, even including a sex toy.
    Knox said Kercher was a friend whose slaying shocked and saddened her.
    Defense lawyers have described the American, who made the dean's list at the University of Washington, as a smart and cheerful woman, at one point even comparing her to film character Amelie, the innocent and dreamy girl in the 2001 French movie of the same title.
    That is the film Knox and Sollecito say they were watching at his home on the night of the murder, where they say they smoked marijuana and had sex. Knox said she went home the next morning to find the door to the house open and Kercher dead.
    The prosecution maintains that a 6½-inch knife authorities found at Sollecito's house could be the murder weapon; they say Kercher's DNA was found on the blade and Knox's on the handle. However, defense lawyers argue the knife was too big to match Kercher's wounds and the amount of DNA collected was too small to determine with certainty whose it was.
    The defense maintained there was not enough evidence for a conviction and no clear motive.
    However, prosecutor Manuela Comodi said violent crimes can lack a motive. "We live at a time where violence is purposeless," she told the jury.
    Knox gave contradictory versions of the night of the slaying, saying at one point she was home and had to cover her ears to block out Kercher's screams and accusing a Congolese man of the killing. The man, Patrick Diya Lumumba, owns a pub in Perugia where Knox worked. He was jailed briefly but was later cleared and is seeking defamation damages from Knox.
    Knox later contended that police pressure led her to initially accuse an innocent man.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

http://news.aol.com/article/amanda-k...lling%2F798364
    Knox Case

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Knox Case

2. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Knox Case

they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'
    LOL, that's the silliest thing I've read all day.
    Last edited by Alpha Dude; 12-06-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Uthman said so

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    LOL, that's the most silliest thing I've read all day.
    I suggest then you not click on the link and read the rest of the comments.. they are so disgusting.. sob7an Allah, in a twisted way it consoles me that it isn't only muslims receiving the brunt of tasteless comments such as was the case with the Muslim deli owner.. what is wrong with these people?..

I was just watching videos of this poor girl Meridith.. there is barely anything on her, her family has really kept a dignified silence and put their faith in the Italian court system, whereas the other turds not only maligned the Italians (for which btw they are slapped with a deserved slander law suit) but have managed to make this about them.. does anyone care that they have stripped this girl of her dignity and clothes and left her there naked and dead.. disgusting perverts .. she'll probably be offered a book deal or her family from which she is to receive millions and someone will probably find a way to appeal her case and get her out...

I find it ironic though, that a British girl gets murdered by an American in Italy.. a very strange and sad story.. 26 yrs hardly seems fair for snuffing someone's life, but I am at least glad they found her guilty....

hope there is a lesson here to be learned, which is when you go to a foreign country, please take it down a few notches, no one gives a **** of your self-importance and entitlement, and you'll be punished for your crimes, so think twice if you think you'll get off scotch free, with fame, fortune sympathy and a book deal!
    Knox Case

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Knox Case

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Gossamer, do you think she's innocent or guilty? I've only began following the case.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I do.. I believe she and her boyfriend are twisted sick people and they were the only ones there with her plus if you have followed the crime scene investigation (you can find it on youtube) you'd find their DNA found on her under-clothes and that there was a sign of a struggle the way her clothes were torn.. I am sad that 26 is all she gets but at least it is a start!
    her parents are equally disgusting but that is a story for another day..
    Meredith (the victim) her parents really kept a quiet dignity through all of this putting their trust in the Italian police --
    Knox Case

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Media Tags are no longer supported
    Knox Case

Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, I read and research about it. I was shocked how Amanda Knox and her lover were terrible. She think that she could get attention of Italian guy and killed British girl for stupid reasons.

Last edited by Humbler_359; 12-06-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    Knox Case

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the black dude rudy guede got 30 years ..... his excuse was he ate a sickening kebab and was in the toilet vomiting whilst the murder took place.

he shouldnt have blamed the kebab!!!
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 12-06-2009 at 12:58 AM.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

she'll appeal, and get off, this was all a show for the brit, now they have to please the americans.. I really feel sorry for that poor girl who died..

when this witch gets out in her forties (assuming she actually serves out her sentence) she can still resume her life, the other girl, what does she have? 21 and six feet under because she had the ill fortune to live with a sociopath!
    Knox Case

12. Report bad ads?
    titus's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the funny part though are the comments as usual, some Americans feel that the only brand of justice if American justice where they exonerate the white girl just because she is white, they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'--- The only democracy is American democracy, the innocent are American innocent. some blame it on the black dude even though there is no evidence against him, I suppose he is dispensable for being well a black dude,
    Nothing in the article I read indicated any of this. Is there some article I can't read where anyone says this?

I know her family was supporting her, as most families would, but how exactly does that lead to those comments?

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I confess that I initially began believing that Knox was not involved after I watched the family interview.

I really do not know. They said the Italians were bias against them because they were American.

Could someone post some more articles about the case here?

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by titus View Post
    Nothing in the article I read indicated any of this. Is there some article I can't read where anyone says this?

I know her family was supporting her, as most families would, but how exactly does that lead to those comments?
    I didn't say it was in the article, I wrote and let me re-quote:
    the funny part though are the comments as usual, some Americans feel that the only brand of justice if American justice where they exonerate the white girl just because she is white, they want to send in the troops to save her and give her a 'fair trial'
    Perhaps you can read everything I have written before parting your two cents?.. the comments are usually at the bottom of the page!
    a comment denotes 'individual opinion'.. folks not unlike yourself!

all the best
    Knox Case

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
    I confess that I initially began believing that Knox was not involved after I watched the family interview.

I really do not know. They said the Italians were bias against them because they were American.

Could someone post some more articles about the case here?

you can look at youtube the actual investigation, her under-garment were recovered with DNA on it (it is however graphic in nature as her dead body is also there).. I don't see how they could have planted DNA and been biased toward them?

Knox Case

titus's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps you can read everything I have written before parting your two cents?.. the comments are usually at the bottom of the page!
    Thank you for your usual thoughtful and polite response to my question. I appreciate the clarification.

I don't usually read the comments as most of the people that post on them are idiots. This article is no exception.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by titus View Post
    Thank you for your usual thoughtful and polite response to my question. I appreciate the clarification.

I don't usually read the comments as most of the people that post on them are idiots. This article is no exception.
    Indeed-- and if you had read the post in full or actually even in part you'd have arrived to that conclusion early on and saved us three of four posts on nonsense and your occasional tasteless observations.

You can do yourself great justice by avoiding a reply to folks you deem impolite or 'trying to impress' -- grabbing hold of someone's attention to point out what you find improper about them is sure-fire way to point out what is wrong with yourself!

all the best
    Last edited by جوري; 12-06-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Knox Case

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

in a couple of days public opinion becomes family request

Knox Family Seeks US Intervention

Clinton Says She's Willing to Hear Concerns About Italian Trial

AOL / Wire Services
    posted: 2 MINUTES AGO
    comments: 118
    filed under: Crime News, World News

wwwislamicboardcom - Knox CasePRINT|E-MAILMORE

Text SizeAAA

WASHINGTON (Dec. 6) - The family of an American college student convicted of murder in Italy is asking for the U.S. government to intervene, saying she was wrongly convicted of the crime.
    Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., has cited "serious questions" about the trial of Amanda Knox, and said she planned to bring those concerns to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
    Skip over this content A Sensational Case

blank 1 - Knox Case

Pier Paolo Cito, AP
    8 photos
    btn back 1 - Knox Case

btn next 1 - Knox Case

An Italian jury on Friday convicted American student Amanda Knox of killing her British roommate in Perugia in 2007, and now her family wants the U.S. government to intervene. "I would be very, very disappointed if they did not get involved," her father told CBS News. Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., wants Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review "serious questions" about the trial.

A Sensational Case
    An Italian jury on Friday convicted American student Amanda Knox of killing her British roommate in Perugia in 2007, and now her family wants the U.S. government to intervene. "I would be very, very disappointed if they did not get involved," her father told CBS News. Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., wants Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review "serious questions" about the trial.
    Pier Paolo Cito, AP
    Pier Paolo Cito, AP

Skip over this content Politics Daily: She-Devil or Victim of Anti-Americanism?

When asked about Knox on ABC's "This Week," Clinton said Sunday she has not reviewed the case but is willing to hear any concerns about it.
    Knox was convicted Friday of murdering her British roommate in Perugia, Italy, in 2007 and was sentenced to 26 years in prison.
    Her family insists she is innocent and is a victim of character assassination. The family plans to appeal the conviction.

"Now I do want the government involved and I would be very, very disappointed if they did not get involved," her father, Curt Knox, told CBS News.
    Cantwell has written to Italian President Silvio Berlusconi and other officials, The Seattle Times reported. More recently, she helped Knox's family contact the U.S. ambassador in Rome.
    "I am saddened by the verdict, and I have serious questions about the Italian justice system and whether anti-Americanism tainted this trial," Cantwell said a statement released to the newspaper on Friday. "The prosecution did not present enough evidence for an impartial jury to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Knox was guilty."
    Clinton told ABC's "This Week" she's been tied up with Afghanistan policy and hasn't examined Knox's trial. She said she hasn't expressed any concerns to the Italian government.

2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
    http://news.aol.com/article/amanda-knox-family-seeks-us-intervention/803576?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Famanda-knox-family-seeks-us-intervention%2F803576
    Knox Case

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm thrilled with the sentencing. I do think Knox may've suspected that a young American attractive female such as herself could (literally) get away with murder in a country like Italy. My prayers are with Kurcher's family.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't understand why they want to waste power and resources on this, even her Italian lover is serving an equivalent sentence-- how can she possibly be singled out?

'Anti-Americanism'-- so that is what they call it when justice is served?
    Knox Case

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I read a very fascinating and exhaustive article about this case in the Vanity Fair last year.
    Vanity Fair is a magazine known for its high standard of investigative journalism, and the article clearly established that Amanda Knox is guilty for the heinous murder.

And she only gets 25 years in jail and possible reduction?
    Western justice is so twisted.

24. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    I don't understand why they want to waste power and resources on this, even her Italian lover is serving an equivalent sentence-- how can she possibly be singled out?

'Anti-Americanism'-- so that is what they call it when justice is served?
    It's a strange form of xenophobia that is not limited to certain silly commentators who are also American.

A similar phenomenon occurred when the British child Madeleine McCann was abducted in Portugal - those Brits who weren't blaming the McCanns themselves for the girl's disappearance were busy painting Portugal's police force as incompetent idiots who were completely useless compared to Scotland Yard.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Knox Case Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Knox Case