× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 49 visibility 5792

Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

There are some muslims that are accepting Christmas cards from people and some that are sending some out in return in my workplace which I know isn't the right form of Islam from what I understand...

But would you accept a Christmas card from a friend or colleague? If not, how would you refuse it?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Argamemnon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?

I receive a few Christmas cards every year and send those (few) people cards back. It is rather strange though that people send Christmas cards to Muslims. It doesn't make sense. But then, secular people just don't know how important religion is to people.
    Last edited by Argamemnon; 12-08-2009 at 01:20 AM.
    chat Quote

dragonofzenshu's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If I became Muslim, I would just take it, smile and then give it to someone else (named scratched out of course ) for christmas.

I'm Japanese but I do know that sending back a card with warm welcoming in it is considered quite an insult in western society.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

On occasion I get cards from people that do not understand that Muslims do not celebrate Christmas. I keep the cards and see them as an opportunity to discuss Islam with them the next time I see them. I usually thank them for their desire to wish me well and hand them the card back with words to the effect that they are more important to me than a card, and then use that as an opportunity to explain to them why I do not celebrate Christmas and see the cards as contrary to what I believe.

Herman 1 - Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam, Blackpool.

As a Muslim I never received Christmas card from my Christian relatives or friends because they know I am Muslim. However, if I receive a Christmas card from someone who doesn't know I am a Muslim, I will not send it back, but when I get a chance to meet this someone, I will say thank you very much and introduce myself as a Muslim. In good manner and friendly talking, of course.

My advice, if you want to send greeting cards to Muslims in your place, it's better if you send them a Happy New Year card. Usually Muslim considers this card as a 'neutral' card.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post

But would you accept a Christmas card from a friend or colleague? If not, how would you refuse it?
    Yeah I would accept it. No need to make a big deal out of it. Just a card.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

Argamemnon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by dragonofzenshu View Post
    I'm Japanese but I do know that sending back a card with warm welcoming in it is considered quite an insult in western society.
    I send them cards, but not the ones they sent me of course!
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i probably would accept it, but only so that i dont offend that person. i wouldn't like that they gave it to me, but i would thank them for their kindness and would take it none the less.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no cheap cards for me! however i would accept gifts without a thought process
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I honestly see these occasions as golden oppertunities, I would take the card only to pass on a card of my own something that would make them think and not something that they would throw in the bin as soon as they left.

IK 4 1 - Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?

Click it and you wont regret it!
    www.khaldun.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhumdulilah I don't recieve anything like that, but if I do and recieve any I will accept it but get that as a chance to tell them why I will refuse it next time if they did the same thing. I will try to make it a peacful chat about Islam to make them aware of our ruling regard the Christmas. And I won't give any cards back.

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I accept all forms of card, christmas, wedding, eid and maestro. I also accept cash.

Seriously speaking: Yes I would accept a christmas card. Just because I don't celebrate the event, doesn't mean I have to be a jerk about it. Besides, it's the (very nice) thought that counts.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

CuteStuff's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon View Post
    I send them cards, but not the ones they sent me of course!
    yes we recieve cards and send them too. Its just a card - they wish us Eid Mubarak too.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Most Christmas cards of today have no religious significance. So I guess the question should be would you accept a card wishing you well anytime of the year.

Herman 1 - Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's funny, almost with blind ignorance of his faith did I send my Hindu friend a Christmas card last year- much to my surprise, he actually celebrates Christmas! Obviously not for purely religious reasons (albeit the birth stories of Jesus and Krishna are strikingly similar), but more for presents, lights and family reasons. And Christmas TV.
    chat Quote

bewildred's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've explained millions of times that Muslims don't celebrate Xmas and yet, every year, I receive dozens of Xmas cards from my penpals. Every year, it makes me smile. I thank them and send them Islamic cards. They never get the hint. Maybe because they're all blondes.....lol

You are the WE of me (Carson McCullers)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But from the other perspective, how would a non-Muslim react if a Muslim gave them an Eid card? Would you feel awkward/uncomfortable or thankful?
    I really wouldn't care. I'd feel honoured to recieve such a card. Sending cards is intended to be a friendly gesture, so I would readily and happily a card celebrating any celebration, be it Christmas, Easter, Hannukah, Eid, Diwali or Lent.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    Greetings,

It's difficult to refuse something when someone is trying to be nice, but I would feel uncomfortable if someone gave me a Christmas card. As Woodrow said, it is contrary to what we believe. But I don't understand why people would go as far as sending them - isn't that cooperating in non-Muslim celebrations?

But from the other perspective, how would a non-Muslim react if a Muslim gave them an Eid card? Would you feel awkward/uncomfortable or thankful?
    I would personally feel thankful for receiving a card and I wouldn't even throw it away despite the difference in beliefs.

Would you accept a free Christmas dinner on the last day of work as is happening where I work? It is offered to everyone of every religion, colour and nationality.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post
    There are some muslims that are accepting Christmas cards from people and some that are sending some out in return in my workplace which I know isn't the right form of Islam from what I understand...

id refuse it and say thanks very much your very kind but i cannot accept it.

ae8iug 1 - Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?

wwwislamicboardcom - Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know, i never really thought of that. I send multiple Christ-mass cards to all my freinds and family, even my Muslim freinds. Most of them just thank me for the gesture.

I, and my family celebrate Christmas a little bit different. We do not throw parties or exchange gifts (well sometimes). We focus only on the true meaning of Christmas wich is the birth of Christ. For most Christmas is nothing more than presents and parties, and some i speek with just believe in Santa Claus or Saint Nicholas. I will not let my family focus or believe in a fat guy who sqeezes his body through a chimmeny giving gifts. My Nonna (Grandmother) used to say "That is nothing short of idol worship" She only focused on the birth of Christ.

Here is what my family does

1.)Christmas eve, service at church- 3 Hours
    2.)Christmas day, Service at church- 5 hours
    3.)Christmas night, Personal and family prayer-approx 6 hours

basicly all prayer, my mother will decorate some but i put up no tree. I wake my son up and pray with him, read the Bible about Christs birth and them we go to the food drive to feed the poor and needy. I give my son 4 gifts and he has to pick 1 gift to give a child that does not get the chance to have one. Last year he gave all of his to a Muslim family i am freinds with that had fallen on rough financial times and they just happen to have 4 boys.

I think we as Christians have forgotten what Christmas means. We should not focus on the best gifts idol worship or besting each other with monitary items.

God bless, and for the Christmas card thing...just accept them no one is out to insult you by this, i actually just bought Happy new Year cards this year for my Muslim friends.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Would you accept a Christmas card from someone? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Would you accept a Christmas card from someone?