× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 8 of 8 visibility 1705

Question about public swimming pools

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Is it permissible for a man to go to public swimming pools when there are also girls/women? This man says he will lower his gaze and won't look at the opposite sex. (Oh and his already went once)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Question about public swimming pools

A man must cover his awrah (navel to knee) with loose clothing even in front of other men. This isn't possible in swimming baths wearing swimming costumes. So as well as exposing himself inappropriately, he is fitnah for the women and them for him. He should avoid going to mixed swimming baths/gyms.

chat Quote

Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know, i'm not aware of are single sex swimming pools are gym's here
    chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon View Post
    May Allah find you one

You should try to search from the net etc. I myself never knew of that there were gyms for women (though I don't go to gyms), but I found few, alhaldulil-Lah. And also recently found a swimminghall too *(it's a nice place also) It's not near, but I'm still very glad as long as I can go there.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon View Post
    There are plenty of gyms/swimming classes for women. If you don't know of any in your area check with your local library. However, I doubt you will find men-only pools/gyms. I seriously think it's high time mosques provided more services for the muslim community by establishing such places themselves rather than expecting everything to be done for them by others. God knows they get enough funds for it.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the last time i went to a swimming pool was before i became a muslim then when i had reverted i knew i could no longer go wearing bikini anymore so i would not encorage a brother going because believe me he will never be able to control his gaze

ae8iug 1 - Question about public swimming pools

wwwislamicboardcom - Question about public swimming pools
    chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: Question about public swimming pools

format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_ View Post
    Is it permissible for a man to go to public swimming pools when there are also girls/women? This man says he will lower his gaze and won't look at the opposite sex. (Oh and his already went once)
    Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, A Muslim is commanded to protect his religious commitment and to keep away from places of fitnah (temptation). Going to these beaches is haraam because of the uncovering of ‘awrahs and careless mixing between men and women that happen there.

Moreover these places are filled with evil things, so it is not permissible for you to go there, unless you are going to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; if he cannot, then with his heart [by hating it and feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 49)

If you stay with them without enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, then you are partaking in sin with them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell”

[al-Nisa’ 4:140]

This verse indicates that whoever sits in a sinful gathering and does not denounce them shares the burden of sin equally with them. He should denounce them if they engage in sinful talk or sinful actions. If he is unable to denounce them then he should get up and leave them.

(Tafseer al-Qaasimi, 5/526)

Do not let the Shaytaan deceive you and make you say that you will not pay any attention to what other people are wearing. This is the deception of the Shaytaan, because if a person goes (to such places) his gaze will inevitably fall upon something that makes his Lord angry. A man may look at something unintentionally, but the Shaytaan can use this glance to great effect and make it the means that leads to fitnah, Allaah forbid. I ask Allaah to grant us and you refuge from being led astray by fitnah, and to make us steadfast.

May Allaah send blessings upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

And Allaah knows best.

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If I ever want to go swimming, a few of my friends have swimming pools...

I'm sure someone at your local Masjid has a swimming pool they won't mind letting you dip in. Well, not skinny dip anyway, but a normal, DIGNIFIED dip.

you gotta be clear these days.
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Question about public swimming pools Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Question about public swimming pools