× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 41 visibility 5806

Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

sirajstc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

Report bad ads?

Salam Sisters & Brothers,

There r WOMEN who say: “Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?” In other words, they are saying that the WOMEN who wear hijabs, their intentions are NOT correct. Astaghfirullah!
    ============================

You MUST wear a hijab if you are a matured Muslimah who has reached her age of puberty, regardless of how good your intentions may be. Otherwise, you are committing a BIG SIN by being disobedient to your Lord who has created you.
    -----------------------------------
    “And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their ... See Moremodesty; that they should not display
    their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers'

W/salam

http://sharingknowledgeofislam.blogspot.com/

25u5j13 1 - Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ - SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)
    Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

I don't wear a Hijab because my parent's wouldn't approve and they'd probably kick me out if they knew I was a Muslim

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Re: Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon View Post
    I don't wear a Hijab because my parent's wouldn't approve and they'd probably kick me out if they knew I was a Muslim

this is so bad

Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.
    chat Quote

Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc View Post
    this is so bad
    Yeah I know, its awful

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah I know, its awful

But u have to fear Allah SWT hide ur modesty my dear sister Insha Allah may ALlah swt reward You

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Re: Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

Salamu Alaykum,

What you need to understand is this " No muslim has the right to judge you" you are not answerable to the living only Allah. If your circumstances are causing you problems when you wear your Hijab then don't wear it, as this will only cause you further upset. If you just don't want to wear it for no-reason then only you will be answerable for this. Islam is a beautiful easy understanding religion Allah made laws to protect us so we can get into paradise. Remember that Allah understands your difficulties and will make it easy for you if you true to yourself.

Wasalam
    chat Quote

Donia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There r WOMEN who say: “Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?” In other words, they are saying that the WOMEN who wear hijabs, their intentions are NOT correct. Astaghfirullah!
    I appreciate the point you are trying to make. I do disagree with this statement though. I don't personally believe that women who say they don't wear the hijab because their intentions are not bad.. are implying or suggesting that women who do have bad intentions.
    I think it is more of a reflection of theirself. It could be they are trying to find an excuse not to wear hijab because they find it difficult at this point in time or they really believe that it is permissible for them to not observe hijab as long as they don't have any bad intentions.
    I really don't think it has anything to do with them going against sisters who do wear the hijab.
    It could be that in their heart they really want to wear it, but are struggling with it.
    Allah knows best.

"And hold fast unto Allah, He is your protector, the best to protect and the best to help"

(Quran 22:78)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah make it easy for you to go further in Islam, sis. Ameen.

"And hold fast unto Allah, He is your protector, the best to protect and the best to help"

chat Quote

Asiyaah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Same here - tho I don't live at home anymore. If my mom saw me wearing hijab she would be crushed. No matter how much I explain to her about Islam and it's beauty, she is a product of our western media. She thinks Islam is evil and all muslims should be deported for national security reasons.

I want to try wearing hijab once I move to Toronto or Ottawa that way I won't be pointed at in the streets. In the small town I live in now it would draw so much attention to myself that I'm just not ready for.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    tw009's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ yes move to Toronto! you'll love it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tw009 View Post
    ^ yes move to Toronto! you'll love it
    Oooh I really want too. My hubby and I are looking for work there. Right now we are 90 mins north of Toronto. I'd love to have some sisters in my life which is a real motivator to move there. I've never been part of a ummah other than online.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by zaira View Post
    Same here - tho I don't live at home anymore. If my mom saw me wearing hijab she would be crushed. No matter how much I explain to her about Islam and it's beauty, she is a product of our western media. She thinks Islam is evil and all muslims should be deported for national security reasons.

I want to try wearing hijab once I move to Toronto or Ottawa that way I won't be pointed at in the streets. In the small town I live in now it would draw so much attention to myself that I'm just not ready for.
    Sis, I hope one day you will be able to move somewhere that you can dress the way you want to without any fear. Hopefully islamically. lol.
    May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

chat Quote

tw009's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by zaira View Post
    Oooh I really want too. My hubby and I are looking for work there. Right now we are 90 mins north of Toronto. I'd love to have some sisters in my life which is a real motivator to move there. I've never been part of a ummah other than online.
    I hope you can move in the GTA, there is huge Muslim community here and you will really like it Insh'Allah.

Don't you have a mosque nearby in your area?
    chat Quote

heavenlyspot's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc View Post
    Salam Sisters & Brothers,

============================

You MUST wear a hijab if you are a matured Muslimah who has reached her age of puberty, regardless of how good your intentions may be. Otherwise, you are committing a BIG SIN by being disobedient to your Lord who has created you.
    -----------------------------------
    “And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their ... See Moremodesty; that they should not display
    their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers'

W/salam

http://sharingknowledgeofislam.blogspot.com/

Wearing the hijab (and modesty in general) is definitely an obligation amongst Muslim women. Ofcourse there are many cases, such as the sisters here (mystical moon & zaira), where one's family would not allow you to practice such aspects of religion.

But, in regard to the original post the excuse I find disheartening is not necessarily about intentions, but rather, hearing "Islam does not require me to wear it" or "Nowhere in the Quran does it say I need to wear it".

Its as though they're stating that the millions of Muslim women who already wear the hijab/niqaab are totally wrong in doing so, and only their (singular) opinion is correct. I just feel like if you don't agree in wearing a hijab, that's okay & should be between you & Allah, but why try to justify it under the Deen?

Some of these Muslim women even have the audacity to appear in the media and express these ideas, which will only divide the ummah. It's also very hurtful to those who already wear. The last thing we need is discouragement. Has anyone here seen that interview with the 3 Muslim women, one with hijab, one with niqaab and one with neither? Watch it & you'll see what I mean :-(

The benefits of hijab are immense, however the one benefitting the most out of it is the woman wearing.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tw009 View Post
    I hope you can move in the GTA, there is huge Muslim community here and you will really like it Insh'Allah.

Don't you have a mosque nearby in your area?

There is a mosque outside of town, I've never gone before. I'm kinda shy about going. Guess I'm scared of being rejected. I wouldn't know what to do there, I wouldn't want to accidentally offend someone, etc. Tho, I did email them last week about being a new muslim and being shy about going and what-not. Waiting on a reply. Their website says they are only 'open' on friday afternoon, I'm usually working . Inshallah I will hear from them soon.
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yea, GTA is pretty okay for Muslims ... but I know a niqabi sister who was pushed and thrown on the ground by some crazy dude in Toronto subways ....

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist View Post
    yea, GTA is pretty okay for Muslims ... but I know a niqabi sister who was pushed and thrown on the ground by some crazy dude in Toronto subways ....
    so sad. I find the general population in Canada is afraid of muslims. They feel that muslims are taking over. They resent any concessions made for muslims because no concessions were made when their families immigrated here. The human rights board is partly to blame for these resentments. It's a sad and difficult situation. But nothing compared with the troubles in Europe.
    chat Quote

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some parents force their daughters to wear hijab without providing the reason. A person in this situation obviously won't have the correct intention.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thats really bad sis i feel for u my family don't force me to take it off because i am not living with my family hehe however my father thinks i am oppressed and my brothers think i am being encouraged to wear it and that i am involved in a cult but i mean i dont wear hijab in front of my family cos i don't have to obviously but when they collect me at the station they cringe haha

ae8iug 1 - Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?

wwwislamicboardcom - Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a.k.a. steve
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Selam aleykum
    How do you know, if you haven't even told them? I mean, maybe they won't kick you out. Maybe they'll see things differently? Some people can talk big, and say stuff like: "if my daughter ever did this or that i'd ..."
    But between saying something, even when you're genuinely think it; and actually doing it after such a situation arrives is a big difference. I don't know your situation, and I'm not a scholar or anything. So I'm definitely in no position to give you advice. But perhaps you should fear Allah more then you fear your parents?

Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why should I wear hijab when my intentions are NOT bad?