× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 41 visibility 4729

Wilders challenges 'hate' charges

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

A Dutch court is hearing a petition by anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders to avoid criminal prosecution for allegedly inciting hatred against Muslims.Mr Wilders is one of the Netherlands' most popular politicians, having built his Freedom Party movement on anti-immigrant themes.

Charges against him stem from his March 2008 film Fitna, which juxtaposed verses from the Koran against images of terrorism by Islamic radicals.

He has also called for a ban on the Koran and said Muslim headscarves "pollute" the Dutch landscape.

Mr Wilders is expected to argue that his comments fell within the boundaries of freedom of speech and that elected officials must be allowed to speak their mind.

The Amsterdam court will rule on the petition within a week of the hearing.

Source

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Wilders challenges 'hate' charges

I have enough of this man.

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

AlHoda's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That man always makes my blood boil. It has been a while since I left Holland, so I haven't kept up with the news there, but it is sad to hear that politicians are allowed to discriminate by saying things like 'Muslim headscarves "pollute" the Dutch landscape.' . I mean this guy is asking for trouble, and I would certainly not mind if he ended up like THeo Van Gogh.

Know that Allah sees you.

Know that Allah hears you.
    Wherever you are.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And how is he is now going to ban The Holy Koran, I just don't get that. How can you be able to ban The Holy Koran. :confused:

Wherever you are.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

he's an idiot, just like some homo idiots that tried to sue the authors of the bible because it was insensitive to gays
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam alaikom to all,

First of all Wilders is an idiot. Hes an attention seeker and does this by making a fuss of everything. The politics her in Holland aint taking him seriously. Did you know he wanted women who wear Hijaab to pay taxes?? I swear the whole country had a laugh...

Salaam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And did you know he went to Turkey with other politicians and they refised to let him in?? Go Turkey!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

his petition was declined btw.

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why am i not surprised?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Brasco's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There was a time, that books were banned - this was during Nazi-Germany. They (wilders' party) sated, once they fought nationalism, now it's time to fight Islamism. It seems, they are still pure nationalists! It just shows, how ignorant he is! Pathetic fool!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know the scary thing thats going on right now?? Everyone wants the prime minister we have now to resign, his name is Balkende. He made some bad descisions about the Iraqi war. Guess who has a big chance on taking his place?? --> Wilders!
    Please make dua he wont make it to prime minister..Else were done for seriously...ill move to Morocco though i hate it there..

Salaam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nasiha21 View Post
    You know the scary thing thats going on right now?? Everyone wants the prime minister we have now to resign, his name is Balkende. He made some bad descisions about the Iraqi war. Guess who has a big chance on taking his place?? --> Wilders!
    Please make dua he wont make it to prime minister..Else were done for seriously...ill move to Morocco though i hate it there..

Salaam
    he's not the first one, neither the last but they all end up in the same way. And Allah knows best.

Wherever you are.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nasiha21 View Post

Salaam
    If they gave us enough money to go back where we came from, I would be more than happy to move out. Even though I was born and raised here.

Incase he does become the prime minister( the chances are low though), this country would be in chaos. no not only this country, the whole world would be messed up.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven View Post
    If they gave us enough money to go back where we came from, I would be more than happy to move out. Even though I was born and raised here.

Incase he does become the prime minister( the chances are low though), this country would be in chaos. no not only this country, the whole world would be messed up.

The man is just looking for trouble, if he was smart enough that others befor him ended in up in a ugly way. People like Pim Fortuin and Theo Van Gogh

Wherever you are.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda View Post

The man is just looking for trouble, if he was smart enough that others befor him ended in up in a ugly way. People like Pim Fortuin and Theo Van Gogh

Though It won't surprise me if he ended up the same.

but then I'm afraid he will be the one to win.

chat Quote

Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda View Post

Excuse me sir, are you saying he should bow down to intimidation and threats?

I do not expect you would ask the same of Muslims speaking up or fighting what they perceive as repression. Yet you imply the same for Geert Wilders, that he should forfeit his right to an opinion because of threats of violence.

Do you not realise this is part of what he complains about? This is part of the image that you are contributing to? One of intimidation?

Irrespectively, concerning Geert Wilders. Yes he hates Islam, yes he's made some critical statements on it. But what hatred has he actually espoused? Has he implied violence? Has he threatened anyone?
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

I do not expect you would ask the same of Muslims speaking up or fighting what they perceive as repression. Yet you imply the same for Geert Wilders, that he should forfeit his right to an opinion because of threats of violence.

Do you not realise this is part of what he complains about? This is part of the image that you are contributing to? One of intimidation?

Irrespectively, concerning Geert Wilders. Yes he hates Islam, yes he's made some critical statements on it. But what hatred has he actually espoused? Has he implied violence? Has he threatened anyone?
    you dont have to call for violence, or openly threaten someone to be a threat! what world are you living in? even you know it doesnt work like that.

for instance i can spread the worst and most evil propaganda about the Jews, that their backwards, their culture is inferior, evil, and their book is a terrorist manual that inspires terrorism and murder and violence etc etc, i can do all of this, yet i am not threatning anyone, nor calling for violence, but the propaganda i am creating is defintely going to stir trouble and make some people react.
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Traditionally, Sikh women also take scarf on their head. Is this kaafir going to ban them too?

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

He is desensitizing people which could even lead to genocide of Muslims. Ask any unbiased historian.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist View Post
    He is desensitizing people which could even lead to genocide of Muslims. Ask any unbiased historian.
    Don't be absurd.

That means any criticism of anything could involve desensitizing people and involve someone committing genocide because of this. No, people are responsible for their own actions.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Wilders challenges 'hate' charges Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Wilders challenges 'hate' charges