star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Tv

Report bad ads?

Hope your all in gu health, i know dis may be a stupid question but im still gona ask, du guys watch TV? n if so what du watch?, jst baing nosey

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Tv

i dont watch TV.....only if there's a debate on aljazeera arabic then i watch with my mum for a bit and also the odd football matches that are aired....thats all
    chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, I don't watch TV . It's time-killing except if you're watching something beneficial such as islamic programmes.

I do watch Iqraa-channel (there are very interesting shows) if I'm near the satellite. Also Just for laughs and other like scientific programmes.

I might randomly watch a telenovela (though I try to stay away from it) however not constantly
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 01-27-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't watch TV much at all ... although I do have a weakness for murder mysteries ...
    (For 8 years we had no TV had all, but we gave in to the children's pleading last summer)

I love listening to radio programmes in the religion/ethics genre, I enjoy reading books and I have recently discovered playing the wii with the rest of the family. Great fun!
    Tv

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Tv

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ no eastenders??!? :eek:
    chat Quote

muslimsister1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

WOW!! from the replies i feel quite bad as i watch tv... not loads but i do watch my soaps n comedy programmes....
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    ^ no eastenders??!? :eek:
    I used to love Eastenders, but I haven't watched for about 8 years. I seem to remember that Grant Mitchell left at the time ...

We gave up TV just before BB started - so I have never watched that either ...
    Tv

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Tv

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

AhmadibnNasroon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ESPN here
    chat Quote

S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yep i watch Tv at specific times just to watch a few shows mostly American sitcoms, you named it Friends you can't help but watch it when it repeats over and over again on E4. Glee is looking good , Scrubs, Everybody Hates Chris etc. Apart from sitcom Live at the Apollo is hilarious not to mention jonathan ross show, you can't beat Takashi Castle and Ninja Warriors. The list is endless of shows like One Tree Hill, Prison Break, then you got a ton of sports channels Sky Sports, Man Utd Football Tv, ESPN Classics to watch football,cricket once in a while .............now to come to think of it i doo watch quite alot of TV LMAO, but then i watch most of it or Iplayer online, dnt really sit down and watch tv that often unless there some classics like Desmonds, kenan and kel replays, Fresh Prince or Only fools and horse.
    Last edited by S<Chowdhury; 01-27-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    Tv

33u7sja 1 - Tv

To my Akh's tryin to stay on their deen
    It gets mean especially when u stay on the scene
    And at the same try to stay out of trouble
    But don't forget the blessing's in the struggle...
    You gotta stay on your salats, your zakats, your Quran
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I used to love Eastenders, but I haven't watched for about 8 years. I seem to remember that Grant Mitchell left at the time ...

We gave up TV just before BB started - so I have never watched that either ...
    I just block out BB and avoid channel 4 at all costs, I'm soo glad this is there last BB . But apparently its moving to ITV but is there anything good on ITV anway?
    Tv

33u7sja 1 - Tv

To my Akh's tryin to stay on their deen
    It gets mean especially when u stay on the scene
    And at the same try to stay out of trouble
    But don't forget the blessing's in the struggle...
    You gotta stay on your salats, your zakats, your Quran
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslaamu`alaaykum...

Hmm... Well i dont watch much Tv..but when i get time lol i watch Cartoons :\..so yeah..
    sometimes if i get time i try to watch some Islamic shows on islamic channels..i do admit i do watch movies "Sometimes" when im free ..but thats veryy veryy rare :\...lol i dont like watching aload of movies and that kinda stuff anymoree ALhamdulilah coz its like a disease once you get into it its hard to ger outt of it so yahhh........altho honestly now i find them really boring for some reason but i know a lot of people who cant live without it its kinda sad thoo. they would rather watch some drama or serial or what ever they are, than go pray Salaah..either they pray it laterrrr or something...

So yah i do watch Tv...but mostly cartoons..loool..for entertainment tho and theyre that long so yea, not much time consumation involved i think..

However, i put my self in a habit of watching Lectures, and listening to Q`uraan...Lectures are a beneficial time consumation lol (sorry im trying to use more geeki words).......
    : c <--- my moustache LOOL.... sorry if i had said anything wrong or bad
    So yeah hope i didnt bore you on my reply lol

My advise is try slowly adding more beneficial programs rather than watchin something which is about. someone getting married and then getting divorced,,ooh and then getting married again lol well similar to that point anyway..not trying to offend, but thats what i see on most typical shows lool..

Both the Qur'an and the Sunnah enjoin Muslims to be conscious of time. We are reminded that life in this world is nothing but temporary. We never know when death has been appointed for us. We must value time for the satisfaction of Allah the Almighty. For our guidance and success, we must never waste time nor abuse it.

Ibn Abbas narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) health and free time for doing good." (Bukhari 8/421)

Indeed, we displease Allah the Most High when we abuse time. We must remember that time must be spent to fulfill our very purpose in life that is to worship Allah all throughout our lives. Allah makes this very clear in the Qur'an when He says:

I have only created Jinns and Men, that they may serve Me. No Sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me. For Allah is He Who gives (all) Sustenance, Lord of Power, Steadfast (for ever). Qur'an (51:56-58)

But celebrate the praises of thy Lord, and be of those who prostrate themselves in adoration. And serve thy Lord until there come unto thee the Hour that is certain (i.e., death). Qur'an (15:98-99)

We have to remember that on the Day of Judgment we shall be asked how we spent our lives, wealth and knowledge. In other words, we will be questioned on how we spent everything that Allah has given us as implied in the following Hadith:

Narrated Abdullah Bin Mas`ud Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said:

"A man shall be asked concerning five things on the day of resurrection: concerning his life, how he spent it; concerning his youth, how he grew old; concerning his wealth, whence he acquired it, and in what way he spent it; and what was it that he did with the knowledge that he had."

The Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), used to call on Muslims to take the initiative to do good deeds before any obstacles arise. For instance, he said, "Lose no time to do good deeds before you are caught up by one of seven calamities awaiting you: a starvation which may impair your wisdom; a prosperity which may mislead you; an ailment which may damage your health; an old age which may harm your senses; a sudden death; the Dajjal (Antichrist); or Doomsday, which is indeed the hardest and most bitter." (at-Tirmidhi, al-Baihaqi)

Insha`Allaah
    Wa`alaaykum Salaam......

Ps. Time is not Money...because Time is Life! : )..Insha`Allaah let that be a reminder for all Indeed
    Tv

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i just watch sky news thats a bit it i am afraid i have become very boring now sometimes the history channel and documentry. my sister has a soap addiction problem..she cant get enough of them soaps! i use to watch the odd action movie but i gave that up :X
    Tv

ae8iug 1 - Tv

wwwislamicboardcom - Tv
    chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

News here also, sky sports news, and flicking through the many news channels, and Islam channel QA. Also football and other sports like F1
    Tv

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamdulilah, gave up that habit long time ago.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

has any 1 else noticed that it actually feels strange in your house if the TV is off? like even if your not watching it you still have it on cos it feels normal :S
    Tv

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
    has any 1 else noticed that it actually feels strange in your house if the TV is off? like even if your not watching it you still have it on cos it feels normal :S
    sometimes ...........
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 01-27-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ lol soon brother inshallah, hmm maybe ur right in our house there is only 2 people so maybe that's why it feels really strange and quiet when the tv's not on lol.

I think that's why I want 9 kids also then the house will never be quiet and dead
    Tv

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
    ^ lol soon brother inshallah, hmm maybe ur right in our house there is only 2 people so maybe that's why it feels really strange and quiet when the tv's not on lol.

I think that's why I want 9 kids also then the house will never be quiet and dead
    you and your mum ma sha allah?....same here me and mum are always in the living room whilst every1 else is upstairs

and i also share with you the passion of procreating im looking for a football team inshallah lol
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    you and your mum ma sha allah?....same here me and mum are always in the living room whilst every1 else is upstairs

and i also share with you the passion of procreating im looking for a football team inshallah lol

lol imagine all the benefit money you'd get for all of them kidding. yeah jus 2 of us
    Tv

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hardly ever watch tv. Accept the occasional soap, history program or documentary. I'd soon be reading or outsides
    Tv

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Tv Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Tv