× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 60 visibility 8283

Why muslims prefer housewives?

ahmed_indian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Ya Allah...martyrdom
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

1. because we are not selfish that we cant spend our money on our wives.

2. because we are not niggard that we say to her to manage her own spendings.

3. because we love our wives and dont want that any non-mahram at her work-place look at her, talk to her with desire.

4. because we want to remain faithfuland dont want that women in our work-place divert us frm our wives.

5. because we are wise and know that if women also join work-force, then who'll take care of home and childern - the future ummah.

6. because we are long-sighted that know that mixing of men-women will result in cases of affairs, heartbreaks, haram physical relations, jealousy, hatred, lust, etc.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    cihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    on a little uninhabited island called my bed
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why muslims prefer housewives?

or mabye just coz we know how **** hard being a housewife is!

READ THE QURAN
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian View Post

2. because we are not niggard that we say to her to manage her own spendings.
    So she cannot manage her own income/expenditure? I know of many Muslim women who can do this very well.

3. because we love our wives and dont want that any non-mahram at her work-place look at her, talk to her with desire.
    Sounds a bit paranoid and jealous to me!

4. because we want to remain faithfuland dont want that women in our work-place divert us frm our wives.
    Can you not work with a woman in your workplace without having "distracting" thoughts about her?

6. because we are long-sighted that know that mixing of men-women will result in cases of affairs, heartbreaks, haram physical relations, jealousy, hatred, lust, etc.
    If you say so...
    chat Quote

Getoffmyback's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Most people try to build a family with its essential pillar which is the mother . When i visited my sister in the us i learned that all her neighbors were house wifes. She even told me that most people there prefer that women stays home to raise their childrens. Christians muslims etc...
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eliphaz View Post
    So she cannot manage her own income/expenditure? I know of many Muslim women who can do this very well.

Among the rights of the wife has is that her husband should spend on her, and his spending on her is one of the greatest good deeds that he can do that will bring him closer to Allaah. This spending covers food, drink, clothing and housing, and all the other things that a wife needs for her sustenance and good health.

Sounds a bit paranoid and jealous to me!
    Really? 65% of female workers are faced with sexual harassment in the work place in some European countries. Uh! Man, luckily I don't have the article of the portion of women working on police stations and in the army experiencing sexual harrasment. (+ the bosses making use of their status on workplaces!)
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 01-30-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    chat Quote

S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its straying away from the topic a bit but for example if your wife for instance wants to work then should we discourage her from not working?

33u7sja 1 - Why muslims prefer housewives?

To my Akh's tryin to stay on their deen
    It gets mean especially when u stay on the scene
    And at the same try to stay out of trouble
    But don't forget the blessing's in the struggle...
    You gotta stay on your salats, your zakats, your Quran
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Only in Indonesia, ............... maybe.

Woman's complain.
    "I want to be a housewife but I must work, looking for money because my husband is lazy".

Man's complain.
    "I am a jobless. I visit many offices, looking for a job, but they always told me : sorry buddy, we are looking for female employee, not male".
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_ View Post

Really? 65% of female workers are faced with sexual harassment in the work place in some European countries. Uh! Man, luckily I don't have the article of the portion of women working on police stations and in the army experiencing sexual harrasment. (+ the bosses making use of their status on workplaces!)
    I'm sorry but I don't see how sexual harrassment in the work place is a valid argument to say that Muslim women should be encouraged to be stay-at-home housewifes. And I don't know where you got that statistic from but it sounds like fear-mongering propaganda to me.
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really dislike this thread.
    It doesn't reflect the Muslim men or women I know and leaves ample opportunity for the ignorant (Eliphaz) to have a strategic advantage where one shouldn't even come to question.

La 7wala wla qiwta illah billah

by the way all the women in my family without exception are hard working mothers and wives and daughters and aunts, they see value in their work and they benefit others and are benefited from others!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Why muslims prefer housewives?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eliphaz View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see how sexual harrassment in the work place is a valid argument to say that Muslim women should be encouraged to be stay-at-home housewifes.
    Islam doesn't forbit women from working.

And I don't know where you got that statistic from but it sounds like fear-mongering propaganda to me.
    From the media (European).

EDIT: You said encouraged to be stay-at-home housewifes? I find that statement very ignorant. I know not one family in which the women aren't encouraged to work rather the opposite. The daughter/woman/sister's family are very supportive to studies/education. What I see around me is both the husband and wife working. And in some case (where the mother works while the small child needs it's mother.) I'll add unfortunately, coz' the child hasn't always succeeded to have the mother's nearness and love.
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 01-31-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't want a housewife , i want a house with a close-knit family
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    I really dislike this thread.
    It doesn't reflect the Muslim men or women I know and leaves ample opportunity for the ignorant (Eliphaz) to have a strategic advantage where one shouldn't even come to question.

La 7wala wla qiwta illah billah

by the way all the women in my family without exception are hard working mothers and wives and daughters and aunts, they see value in their work and they benefit others and are benefited from others!

I agree with this post.
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, that's a general statement. I won't mind if my spouse works as a Nurse, serving people in their medical needs. I won't mind if my spouse teaches or is a professor, attending to people in something that is greatly needed: knowledge. And so on so forth.

Muslim women have shown great ability and potential in Islamic history. I recommend the Labbayk Academy course on the Conquest of Persia for all of us here. It will prove beneficial to us all, Insha'Allah. Register free at http://labbaykacademy.com.

But back to subject.. The OP (ahmed_indian) was being lighthearted in creating this thread. He meant it in good fun, and not literally. No need to analyze it so deeply.

He's using the stereotypes people use on Muslims figuratively. So keep the lightheartedness alive and don't be such a stickler.

Allow me to translate:

In Islam, women are the Queens of the household. They may work as they choose within the boundaries of Shari'ah, which is not restricted nor limited. Rather, it is only precautious and noteworthy.

In the Pre-Islamic days of Arabia (also known as the Days of Jahiliyya (ignorance)), people used to bury their daughters alive. But when Rasulullah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, came as a light among the darkness... there was a stop on all the infanticides (murder of infants). But these ignorant Arabs during the pre-Islamic days buried them for their own good. Before Islam arrived in the nick of time, the women would be married to their relatives, such as uncles and brother-in-laws. And I mean, they used to have multiple husbands at one time. The sanctity of marriage did not exist.

Islam came and gave them their fair share of rights in both livelihood, inheritance, freedom, and more.

In France, and other countries, they are banning the veil. The women were asked why they wore the veil. These were both married and single women, and all responded alike. They did it to preserve their own dignity. Would you rather these women sit in bars?

In my limited years of foruming, I've seen many people express their sorrow for us Americans. I see more freedom here than anywhere else. If I want a place to pray, any American would show utmost respect and clear out the entire room of not only people, but wallhangings that have eyes on them etc.

I steered off topic. I end my post here. :X
    chat Quote

Asiyaah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

At times I wish I was a housewife :P

I don't know how my mom did it. She worked full-time, raised children, kept an immaculate house. I can barely manage my apartment and full-time job. lol. Unfortunately housing is very expensive here. Most of our duel-income goes to rent. Maybe, inshallah, someday I can be a housewife. I'd like to run an online business someday, inshallah. But I'm not having much luck with ideas at the moment.

It would be nice if a woman could choose what she wants to do. Work if she wants, stay home if she wants.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i cant imagine myself being at home for the rest of my life even if i did have kids id feel useless. i want to work for Allah and gain my rewards outside of the home also.
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Please read the above two posts.

Muslim women are able to choose whichever style they want. They can choose to work, within Shari'ah, or they can serve as housewives. "Serve" is probably not the best word to use, as those westernists might be quick to assume i am referring to "servant" which will then lead them to "enslavement", and thus the Media influence continues...
    chat Quote

sabr*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb Every Muslim doesn't prefer housewives?

سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

Ašh hadu al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa
    ašh hadu anna Muhammadun ‘abduhu wa rasūluhu
    I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

ahmed_indian:

Your opinion that doesn't apply to every Muslim is obviously a contentious subject.

It is difficult for many to differentiate Cultural adaptions verses Islamic. Even though Islamic culture is sometimes interwoven with Arab Culture. But don't forget Islam prohibited many Arab traditions with origins based on paganism.

Women in some cultures are not encouraged to work and religion is sometimes is used to justify the culture practices.

Now when I provide the following Sira (History) of Nabi Muhammad (SAWS) usually all Muslims would accept it. But the practice verses what their cultures have taught them overrules many times.

The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) worked for a woman. (Khadijah RA)
    A female entrepreneur, a very lucrative business.

Woman are unable to drive in some countries.

Khadijah (RA) rode a camel. (That is controlling a mode of transportation)
    Fatimah (RA) rode a camel.
    Aisha (RA) rode a camel.

Very eager to view the responses.
    chat Quote

_PakistaN_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want a wife who looks pretty, works, and is lovable? lol...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_ View Post
    I want a wife who looks pretty, works, and is lovable? lol...
    What's with the question mark?
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 01-31-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Every Muslim doesn't prefer housewives?

format_quote Originally Posted by sabr62 View Post
    سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

Ašh hadu al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa
    ašh hadu anna Muhammadun ‘abduhu wa rasūluhu
    I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

ahmed_indian:

Your opinion that doesn't apply to every Muslim is obviously a contentious subject.

It is difficult for many to differentiate Cultural adaptions verses Islamic. Even though Islamic culture is sometimes interwoven with Arab Culture. But don't forget Islam prohibited many Arab traditions with origins based on paganism.

Women in some cultures are not encouraged to work and religion is sometimes is used to justify the culture practices.

Now when I provide the following Sira (History) of Nabi Muhammad (SAWS) usually all Muslims would accept it. But the practice verses what their cultures have taught them overrules many times.

The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) worked for a woman. (Khadijah RA)
    A female entrepreneur, a very lucrative business.

Woman are unable to drive in some countries.

Khadijah (RA) rode a camel. (That is controlling a mode of transportation)
    Fatimah (RA) rode a camel.
    Aisha (RA) rode a camel.

Very eager to view the responses.
    As far as I know Ayesha (ra) did not control the camel, she rode it but did not "drive" it. If you have evidence that she "drove" it please present forth. Regarding women not being able to drive, I assume you are referring to Saudi Arabia as probably that is the only country now where its forbidden, its a pretty complex issue. Debating on an Islamic forum wont solve the issue. There are good arguments on both sides and I'll let the ulama decide what is best for the Saudi society within the light of Islamic fiqh. There are, however, pretty rebellious women in Saudi who broke the law, as a sign of protest, by driving out cars on the road. Such acts of insolence by breaking the laws would not look too good for their own cause.
    Last edited by CosmicPathos; 01-31-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Why muslims prefer housewives? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why muslims prefer housewives?