× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 75 visibility 7658

Don't hate an Entire country.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I have been noticing in other threads that some folks....condem or insult an entire country, so i figured we should try posting some positive stuff going on instead. Why not?

To condem a whole country for only some of it's inhabitants actions is wrong. The entire country of the United States does not condone all actions of our government. The same thing goes for any other country, like Afghanistan, i nor all of the US believes evryone there is a terrorist nor do we believe it's full of bad people. The negative actions taken by some folks in any country is usually outnumbered by the good. As well, the number of people who die in the name of good deeds usually outnumbers the bad, but everyone watches the media and the media only shows that of destruction and dismay...why?....because that's what sells. And the media is a business like any other, there to make a profit. I never condem a whole country for some of it's citizens actions and neither should anyone else. Every single country has some kind of hidden agenda being brought forth by a few of the rich and in powerfull, not just the US. The old adage goes "He who has the gold makes the rules" and that saying doesn't decipher wether they are with good intentions or bad.

How about we post some of the positive things going on in some of our home countries? Instead of falling into the "Media trap" of only focusing on negative actions.

Sincerely,

Italianguy

God be with all of us..and those who suffer.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Don't hate an Entire country.

America is a pleasant country but its foreign policy sucks so bad you can't help but hate it, especially if you're a national of a country it invaded, imposed sanctions on or supported a dictatorship.
    No one hates the entire US, rather everything connected with its foreign policy, globalisation, anti-islamism etc, and if they happen to be ill-informed about other aspects of the United states which they may find positive, the result is all-out hate and disapproval..
    chat Quote

Mujahideen92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thats true Italianguy. Also I read story where a bunch of left wing Israelis helped Palestinians rebuild their homes and when they came back to Israel they were beaten. My point is that not all Israelis are anti-Muslim and anti-Palestine.

But sadly, the majority is.

wwwislamicboardcom - Don't hate an Entire country.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92 View Post
    Thats true Italianguy. Also I read story where a bunch of left wing Israelis helped Palestinians rebuild their homes and when they came back to Israel they were beaten. My point is that not all Israelis are anti-Muslim and anti-Palestine.

But sadly, the majority is.
    Well..at least some of that was good news. It's sad that they got beaten. But the fact that they helped is better
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why should we not hate a country (The US/Israeli terrorist Government) which has butchered many of our brothers and sisters in Islam?
    Last edited by IslamicRevival; 02-10-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy View Post
    I have been noticing in other threads that some folks....condem or insult an entire country, so i figured we should try posting some positive stuff going on instead. Why not?

To condem a whole country for only some of it's inhabitants actions is wrong. The entire country of the United States does not condone all actions of our government. The same thing goes for any other country, like Afghanistan, i nor all of the US believes evryone there is a terrorist nor do we believe it's full of bad people. The negative actions taken by some folks in any country is usually outnumbered by the good. As well, the number of people who die in the name of good deeds usually outnumbers the bad, but everyone watches the media and the media only shows that of destruction and dismay...why?....because that's what sells. And the media is a business like any other, there to make a profit. I never condem a whole country for some of it's citizens actions and neither should anyone else. Every single country has some kind of hidden agenda being brought forth by a few of the rich and in powerfull, not just the US. The old adage goes "He who has the gold makes the rules" and that saying doesn't decipher wether they are with good intentions or bad.

How about we post some of the positive things going on in some of our home countries? Instead of falling into the "Media trap" of only focusing on negative actions.

Sincerely,

Italianguy

God be with all of us..and those who suffer.
    im not sure what you mean. nobody here is judging american citizens. i think american people are lovely people its there government that i have problem with and there relationship with isreal annoys me they cannot be trusted.

all i see in the media though is america are trying to show themselves as ''ANGELS'' and trying to say that they do so much for humanity but that is far from the truth

ae8iug 1 - Don't hate an Entire country.

chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Theres no use hating the country... but hating a government is something that you cannot avoid.

heart 1 - Don't hate an Entire country.

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

Mohamed_Sadiq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hate is a strong word. You might dislike a country for instance I dislike USA because of what they do to the Muslim countries and it just not the government but also majority of the white Americans favour the government actions towards the crime they committed. By the way Israel is not a country but I still dislike them for what they do the Palestinians and Palestine. Also their is no point hating a country your just wasting your valuable time, just do the actions if you see other countries doing wrong (like protest). I like Iran as they are one of few Muslim countries that stand up for themself.
    chat Quote

Mohamed M's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla View Post
    Theres no use hating the country... but hating a government is something that you cannot avoid.
    i agree with you 100%, the government it to blame.

i also agree that one shouldnt blame the whole country, i have learned that judging or generalizing people based on a few is not right, there are plenty of good peaceful people who dont agree on what the government is doing.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there was also some american citizens protesting in Gaza against the isreali's who came in with there army tanks and starting shooting at them and still they would not stop protesting. they were non muslims and eventually they were killed do you know so many non muslims protested there even british and they were killed by isreali's for doing so. i will try and find the utube vid

ae8iug 1 - Don't hate an Entire country.

chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims back home actually do not hate the USA, to the extent that I feel that they love USA too much. They listen to American music, watch American shows, American channels, etc. So I do not know how they hate America? They also have given up their cultural dress in favor of the globalized "American dress."

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq View Post
    Hate is a strong word. You might dislike a country for instance I dislike USA because of what they do to the Muslim countries and it just not the government but also majority of the white Americans favour the government actions towards the crime they committed. By the way Israel is not a country but I still dislike them for what they do the Palestinians and Palestine. Also their is no point hating a country your just wasting your valuable time, just do the actions if you see other countries doing wrong (like protest). I like Iran as they are one of few Muslim countries that stand up for themself.
    By saying Israel is not a country you automatically deny an entire country and an entire people. You don't blame the government, you blame the state itself, its existence and its people. What good can you find in it if you don't even think it should be allowed to exist?
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    By saying Israel is not a country you automatically deny an entire country and an entire people. You don't blame the government, you blame the state itself, its existence and its people. What good can you find in it if you don't even think it should be allowed to exist?
    It should not be allowed to exist because its existence is a lie. Lies must perish into oblivion.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist View Post
    It should not be allowed to exist because its existence is a lie. Lies must perish into oblivion.
    I understand that, I'm just trying to say Israel is a special case when it comes to hating an entire country. The Us attacked Muslim lands, but, well, it was this and that president, not everyone supported it, etc, the Us still has plenty of good sides and good people living there. with Israel it's different. Every citizen is an occupier, every government is an occupying force, every single thing that happens in Israel or gets payed by Israel is at the expense of Palestinians, so indeed you can hate an entire country.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, to be fair i didn't just mean America in general. I used the USA as an example. It's all countries and there people. There are plenty of reasons to dislike different aspects of every country, but not to hate an entire (any) country or it's people in it's totality.

Again, this is only my opinion. I nderstand if another doesn't agree with me. Everyone on earth has a right to there own opinion. Problem is when one who has the power says their OPINION is law or must be followed,I.E. facists, dictators, presidents and any other who enforces a decree not written by God and His law, or uses God's law with their own interpretation. That is easier done in other countries where there is less education and the people are poor....starve 1 million people and you will have an army as vast as you wan't, especially when a dictator controls food rations like in Mogadishu. It's a sad reality.
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I understand that, I'm just trying to say Israel is a special case when it comes to hating an entire country. The Us attacked Muslim lands, but, well, it was this and that president, not everyone supported it, etc, the Us still has plenty of good sides and good people living there. with Israel it's different. Every citizen is an occupier, every government is an occupying force, every single thing that happens in Israel or gets payed by Israel is at the expense of Palestinians, so indeed you can hate an entire country.
    There are some Israeli's who are against the occupation. You can hate the regime but not all Jews in Israel.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown View Post
    There are some Israeli's who are against the occupation. You can hate the regime but not all Jews in Israel.
    How do you define ccupation anway? West Bank and Gaza? Or is it the entire land taken from Muslims? If its the latter every single person living in the state of Israel (except of course the Arabs) is an occupier.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How do you define ccupation anway? West Bank and Gaza? Or is it the entire land taken from Muslims? If its the latter every single person living in the state of Israel (except of course the Arabs) is an occupier.
    What about the Arab Jews and Christians?
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The international consensus is that gaza, the west bank, and east jerusalem are occupied illegally.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown View Post
    The international consensus is that gaza, the west bank, and east jerusalem are occupied illegally.
    By what accord? Oslo Agreement? Resolution 242? Just wondering.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Don't hate an Entire country. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Don't hate an Entire country.