× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 38 visibility 4917

Ugly people

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ugly people

Report bad ads?

Asalamu alaykum,

A general reminder to muslims who stigmatise, make fun of, laugh at or feel uncomfortable in the presence of deformed, unfortunate looking, perhaps disabled but in the end those considered to be 'ugly' people.

We shouldn't look down upon those people who have been unfortunate enough to be facing such a hardship. Allah is the one that is trying them in that manner and they must have faced extreme harrassment from ignorant people their whole lives and then for us as muslims to mock them on top of that?

It is not befitting the adab of muslims. It shows contempt of Allah, for Allah is the one who has fashioned those unfortunate people in that manner.

Does anyone know the story of Julaybib Radi Allah Anhu?

Mocking is unfortunate jahil behaviour. Very bad adab and speaks volumes about a person's character.

A polite reminder to you all. Say Alhamdulilah for what Allah has not tried you with. Never mock others.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    zana's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Ugly people

There is no need for people to judge peoples looks, who says these people are ugly maybe they are a beauty within themselves. And always know allah is watching and listening and can change everything
    chat Quote

Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I nice reminder on how we should be thankful for everything Allah has given us.

People are never ugly, people are all different and beautiful individually.
    Ugly people

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
    chat Quote

SweetCherryPie's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree. It's a shame to see some people stoop that low in that, they feel they have the right to condemn "ugly" people. I don't even like the word 'ugly'. It's such a negative word.

Come to think of it, the only time I'll use 'ugly' is when it comes to fashion :P
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i even hate the word ugly.. i use to use it alot before i became a muslim but now ive changed obviously anyway i think the one who calls others ugly they are ugly themselves
    Ugly people

ae8iug 1 - Ugly people

wwwislamicboardcom - Ugly people
    chat Quote

-Fallen Angel-'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    i even hate the word ugly.. i use to use it alot before i became a muslim but now ive changed obviously anyway i think the one who calls others ugly they are ugly themselves
    I agree. Those who call others ugly are themselves insecure about themselves, or just don't appreciate that they are more fortunate than others. Aside from that everyone is unique and equally beautiful, no matter how they look, it's what's inside that counts. Nobody should be looked down upon in the situation.
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    you used to use it to make others cry or did you used to use it to make yourself cry?

if you did the first one then thats harsh!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The obsession with looks is the bane of Western culture. From experience, poor self esteem is the worst feeling in the world- it's never nice.
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^i can relate
    but praise Allah when i sorted out my religion, Allah established me in a good equilibrium
    Ugly people

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
    The obsession with looks is the bane of Western culture. From experience, poor self esteem is the worst feeling in the world- it's never nice.
    Spot on supreme! i can somewhat relate to that
    chat Quote

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You get reward for being good to Allah's creation.

In Julaybib, there is the example of a person who was almost regarded as a social outcast because of his appearance. Given help, confidence and encouragement by the noble Prophet, he was able to perform acts of courage and make the supreme sacrifice and deserve the commendation of the Prophet: "He is of me and I am of him."
    Full story here.
    Last edited by Life_Is_Short; 03-02-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    chat Quote

Misz_Muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ☆⌒ღ SuBHaNALlaH ღ⌒☆
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Jazaakalahu khayran for sharing sis
    Ugly people

There is a blessing in trials...
    ...they are a means of purifying you, so you can go to the most purest place:

Jannah

chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Asalamu alaykum,

A general reminder to muslims who stigmatise, make fun of, laugh at or feel uncomfortable in the presence of deformed, unfortunate looking, perhaps disabled but in the end those considered to be 'ugly' people.

We shouldn't look down upon those people who have been unfortunate enough to be facing such a hardship. Allah is the one that is trying them in that manner and they must have faced extreme harrassment from ignorant people their whole lives and then for us as muslims to mock them on top of that?

It is not befitting the adab of muslims. It shows contempt of Allah, for Allah is the one who has fashioned those unfortunate people in that manner.

Does anyone know the story of Julaybib Radi Allah Anhu?

Mocking is unfortunate jahil behaviour. Very bad adab and speaks volumes about a person's character.

A polite reminder to you all. Say Alhamdulilah for what Allah has not tried you with. Never mock others.
    For someone to make fun of others' looks he is actually make fun of Allah's creation, hence mocking Allah Himself...Astaghfirullah!

JazakAllah khair for the reminder
    Ugly people

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

paradise88's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I see many muslims call people ugly all the time or judge people cos they are not fair skinned because thats suposidly meant 2mke sum1 better looking. It annoys me, its insulting Allahs creation
    Ugly people

We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

alpha

ur aaaaaaaaaalrite
    Ugly people

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Everyone is beautiful...EVERYONE! Especially all of you! Were are all created by God, so we must be beautiful. To make fun of or insult one Gods creations, would almost be like saying God messed up. Pleasssssssssssee, God has never messed up. Perfect in every way is our God.

God be with you......stay pretty....or handsome ....sorry dudes, wouldn't want to call you pretty.lol
    chat Quote

PouringRain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy View Post
    Everyone is beautiful...EVERYONE! Especially all of you! Were are all created by God, so we must be beautiful. To make fun of or insult one Gods creations, would almost be like saying God messed up. Pleasssssssssssee, God has never messed up. Perfect in every way is our God.

God be with you......stay pretty....or handsome ....sorry dudes, wouldn't want to call you pretty.lol

Agreed 100%. About your last statement, even men can be absolutely beautiful inside and out.
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a really good reminder for us all. Jazakumullahu Khair Bro Alpha Dude.

It's essential to remember that our looks come from Allah, and we did nothing to earn them.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain View Post
    Agreed 100%. About your last statement, even men can be absolutely beautiful inside and out.
    This is true sister!
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    **noora**'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

which of the favors of your lord will ye deny?

To some Allah swt has made beautiful to some he made disable etc etc but each person possess good within themselves and that Is a favor of Allah swt on his creations.

We look at the good of the person and not judge them by their outer appearances.When we see anyone with a disability etc we say Alahumdulillah that Allah swt has blessed us as we are and make dua for the disable person.

Due to the trial they maybe going through will earn them Jannah InshaAllah and if we scoff them and do not accept them what will that earn us?

We just need to picture us in the other persons shoes,only then will we grateful.

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “If one sees an afflicted person and says, ‘Praise and thanks be to Allah Who has saved me from what he has afflicted you with, and has honored me over many of His creatures,’ he will be saved from that affliction.” (Reported by Tirmidhi, who considers it sound)

لْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي عَافَانِي مِمَّا ابْتَلَاكَ بِهِ وَفَضَّلَنِي عَلَى كَثِيرٍ مِمَّنْ خَلَقَ تَفْضِيلَاً

An-Nawawi states that the scholars said, “One should say the above mentioned supplication inaudibly so that the afflicted person should not hear it, lest he should be grieved by it. But if the affliction is the result of his sinful conduct then there is no harm in his listening if he is not heedful of evil.”
    Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #126a.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Ugly people Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Ugly people