star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Women's hijaab in front of other women.

Report bad ads?

There are some cultures in the muslim world that consider low necks or low cut shirts outfits to be permissible to wear in front of other women. The kind of shirts or outfits I'm talking about are the ones that expose portions of the breasts.

The culture I am from, this is a big 'no no'. At least in my family. What does Quran and Sunnah say about this?

I understand the Awrah of the woman is from the navel to the knees. Does this mean she could be in front of other women just fulfilling this requirement only?

I've read these links:
    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/49836/clothes%20revealing
    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/113287/cov...t%20of%20women
    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/34745

But I have difficulty understanding it. If someone could explain better I'd appreciate it.

JazaakAllahu khairain in advance.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Women's hijaab in front of other women.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tineeyih! View Post
    I understand the Awrah of the woman is from the navel to the knees. Does this mean she could be in front of other women just fulfilling this requirement only?
    From navel to knees is the awrah of men.
    chat Quote

Shahreaz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Women's hijaab in front of other women.

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women, or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful. "

The Holy Qur'an. [Surah/Chapter: 24, Al-Noor / The Light. Verse 31]
    Women's hijaab in front of other women.

And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.

- The Holy Qur'an (Chapter 42: The Consultation, Verse 29)
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Women's hijaab in front of other women. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Women's hijaab in front of other women.