× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 5889

Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam

Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam

Report bad ads?

Sunita Williams, a US astronaut of Indian origin, who returned to the earth recently after197 days' stay on space station along with her other four crew members, has accepted Islam, according to unconfirmed sources.

Though her embracing Islam has not been officially declared, she and her fellow astronauts were astonished at Holy Kaaba and Masjid-e-Nabubi glowing in the dark.

Sources said, while taking photographs of earth from the spacecraft with the help of powerful telescope they found the complete earth dark except two places - Makkah and Madinah, two famous sites dear to the Muslims.

Sources added that the pictures they took from satellite are very interesting.

Link

makka psh  512 1 - Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam

MashAllah!

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam

This is most likely a hoax.
    chat Quote

Nimboo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    This is most likely a hoax.
    Yeh, a bit like Neil Armstrong hearing the Azan on the Moon
    chat Quote

Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you mean, Makkah-Medinah Satellite hoax or Sunita? can you elaborate it a bit ?

Thanks.

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

dont' know about the satelite pic , but Sunita so far did not announce about her new faith.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Let's not be so cynical.
    Insha'Allah this is true - she's obviously an incredibly smart woman, so why would it be so surprising for her to embrace the deen?
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536 View Post
    , so why would it be so surprising for her to embrace the deen?

many non-Muslims including women are accepting Islam despite the hatred media propaganda. But if the story is untrue , we must not do a publicity of it. Remember the rumour of Micheal Jackson's accepting Islam ? Later Singer Dawud Ali wrote in his site that it's not true that MJ accepted Islam in front of him .

We must remember that anyone accepts Islam glorifies him/herself and not Islam .

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, No, this is probably a fake story...I know when these stories of Sunita surfaced...when she returned from the space. She visited India and was like participating in pooja and I thought she did not accepted Islam, not yet. But at the end of the day why are we discussing on her accepting Islam, It is He who gives guidance and misguides...to whomever He wishes.
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Most probably a false story. The Makkah can be seen from high altitudes because of the albedo of the marble which has been used to construct its floor. Even though sand and deserts have high albedo, that of marble is even more reflective. There is no miracle here. Unless you wanna call reflection of light from white a miracle.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    Most probably a false story. The Makkah can be seen from high altitudes because of the albedo of the marble which has been used to construct its floor. Even though sand and deserts have high albedo, that of marble is even more reflective. There is no miracle here. Unless you wanna call reflection of light from white a miracle.

LOL, I agree with you, brother.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

many non-Muslims including women are accepting Islam despite the hatred media propaganda. But if the story is untrue , we must not do a publicity of it. Remember the rumour of Micheal Jackson's accepting Islam ? Later Singer Dawud Ali wrote in his site that it's not true that MJ accepted Islam in front of him .

We must remember that anyone accepts Islam glorifies him/herself and not Islam .
    Given that Michael's brother is Muslim, we cannot say definitely he never embraced Islam. All that suggests is that he didn't do it before Dawud Ali Wharnsby.

Also I can't say I understand the last sentence of your post? :S
    Isn't every aspect of creation beautiful and by Allah's (swt) will? Anyone can see signs of creation just from walking out one's front door.

I'm just saying, yes, this may be unlikely, but let's not make a judgement either way on this, Neil Armstrong or Michael Jackson, or anyone.

Allahu alim.
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359 View Post
    Sources said, while taking photographs of earth from the spacecraft with the help of powerful telescope they found the complete earth dark except two places - Makkah and Madinah, two famous sites dear to the Muslims.
    Why would a spacecraft be carrying a powerful telescope? It wouldn't is the answer.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You sure?
    How do you know this?
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536 View Post
    You sure?
    How do you know this?
    Well I don't "know" it, the same way I don't know if they carry a few 20 kilo weights up with them in case they want to do some bench presses... but I can take an educated guess.

We've all seen spacecraft (in documentaries, on the news, in magazines, maybe some of us even at Kennedy), but has anyone ever noticed a telescope mounted on one? The cost of taking equipment into space is huge and I doubt they would waste their quota carrying a single item of that size which was not absolutely necessary.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If they stayed in space for 197 days, and have returned recently, then the photo in the post is not one they took while in space. Most of the hotels on the right hand side of the photo have been demolished for nearly two years, and the area has been completely flat since then.

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

20. Hide
Hey there! Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Astronaut Sunita accepts Islam