× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 33 visibility 5509

Is the North more racist than the South?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I know alot of people here in the North of England that are openly racist and it is no shock to hear any of these racist comments. In the South I never heard of it much, apart from 2 or 3 people but here where I live the majority seem to have extreme right wing opinions of anyone non-British, not so much the Polish however.
    Today at work one guy decided to wind a muslim guy up with something so sensitive. His question to him was "do you have Ken Bigley's head in your locker?" Most people burst out laughing. The guy wasn't impressed at all but as everyone sticks together it was pointless reporting to the manager.

I would definitely, from my experience, say that the North extremely more racist than the South of the border.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is the North more racist than the South?

Well there's racism in every country you visit. It is an inherent human nature. However, I would have to agree that the north is slightly more racist than the south, if only because there is a far higher proportion of white people in places such as Northumberland or Newcastle than London (which I assume you mean by the 'south'.)
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the fellow should have said, no I don't but I might have your head soon in there..
    at least that is what I'd have said .. what an ass this guy you work with!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Is the North more racist than the South?

chat Quote

gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with you Blackpool, Ive noticed up north the locals are generally ignorant and many of them have the strangest ideas about Islam and muslims. Their views are quite clearly a product of the media. I don't think the muslims up north have helped much and I think its fair to say many of the muslims are quite ignorant about their own religion and confuse many of their cultural practices with religion. Theres also less access to higher education in the smaller towns etc.

In the south, theres more international community and probably more awareness and better access to higher education.

So yes I think theres comparatively more ignorance up north especially in the smaller towns and therefore more racism.

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I used to live in middlesborough about 10 years ago, alot of racism then, not sure what its like now

33 43 1 - Is the North more racist than the South?
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Gossamerskye has the best answer on how to handle any insensitive northern ribbing – throw a joke back.

But seriously; Muslims decapitated Ken Bigley live on TV because he was a white Englishman – that is real racism, if you want to get angry about something get angry about that.

Ken Bigley was born and raised 50 miles from Blackpool, he was one of their own, and if they crack jokes it is to ease the painful memory.

Try to see it from their point of view once in a while.
    chat Quote

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If it is really serious you can write a formal complain to the Trades Union or 'The Commission for Racial Equality'. In the Nothern Ireland, the equality Commission provides information and advice in respect of all forms of unlawful discrimination.
    Last edited by Life_Is_Short; 03-20-2010 at 12:37 AM.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    the fellow should have said, no I don't but I might have your head soon in there..
    at least that is what I'd have said .. what an ass this guy you work with!
    lol, my thoughts exactly

you've just got to be smart about these things and know how to use it to your advantage.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan View Post
    lol, my thoughts exactly

you've just got to be smart about these things and know how to use it to your advantage.
    I actually used the line before so it came easy lol..
    one time at the airport the dude who hauls luggage was complaining that my luggage is very heavy, was saying it loud enough for attention I guess.. so I told him it contains the body of the last guy who complained. It really left him speechless long enough for me to get my business done!

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Is the North more racist than the South?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol nice one, seriously...how did you get away with that? A muslim, at an airport, thats enough to alert suspicion amongst airport security.

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

of course I got away with it.. also because I have a really great looking smile 'dimples and all'

chat Quote

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Racism is sign that society is in big crisis. It appears especially after secularization process when the nation has not common fundament left but colour of skin. It's very shallow and simply a mind error.

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

malayloveislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

racism is ignorance but it is in everyone...
    chat Quote

waqas maqsood's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace to all...

I think the whole of UK is racist.. They might not show it but you can feel it..

The only reason London has less racism is because of large numbers of different ethnic backgrounds and lets face it, they are too busy making money and ripping people through mortgages, loans etcc...
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 13th Yarba View Post

But seriously; Muslims decapitated Ken Bigley live on TV because he was a white Englishman – that is real racism, if you want to get angry about something get angry about that.

Ken Bigley was born and raised 50 miles from Blackpool, he was one of their own, and if they crack jokes it is to ease the painful memory.

Try to see it from their point of view once in a while.
    they should remember why they did that and remember he was in a war and was taken by muslims who were being invaded. and also, it doesnt link every muslim to it. it works both ways.
    i dont know if the north is more racist than the south, but i find places like dewsbury to be quite racist.

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

Mysterious Uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dunno if it's more in the north or not but I know there are racists in Newcastle. In school people passed round their phone which had racist messages on it, one guy i know had a file on his phone entitled- Racist jokes. They would all read them and laugh together, the bunch of stupid idiots. But then again the guy that did it was more of an attention seeker than a racist, I think he was showing it to people to look 'cool'.

Also regarding this:
    format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl View Post
    I agree with you Blackpool, Ive noticed up north the locals are generally ignorant and many of them have the strangest ideas about Islam and muslims. Their views are quite clearly a product of the media. I don't think the muslims up north have helped much and I think its fair to say many of the muslims are quite ignorant about their own religion and confuse many of their cultural practices with religion.
    Can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying that Muslims in the North should be doing more da'wah?
    Last edited by Mysterious Uk; 03-22-2010 at 05:35 PM.

The believer has four characteristics: if he is afflicted by any misfortune, he remains patient and steadfast. If he is given anything, he is grateful. If he speaks , he speaks the truth. If he passes judgment on any issue,he is just .
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    they should remember why they did that and remember he was in a war and was taken by muslims who were being invaded. and also, it doesnt link every muslim to it. it works both ways.
    i dont know if the north is more racist than the south, but i find places like dewsbury to be quite racist.

<comment removed>

Ken Bigley was murdered by a pathetic psychopath for no gain other than self-aggrandizement.

You should look inside yourself and question how you can defend this.

Also it is telling that all the examples given in this thread branding the UK as racist exclusively specify ‘racist jokes’ as the source of discomfort – poor you, it must be really terrible (sarcasm intended).

I have lived in many Muslim countries (unlike you lot) and have experienced true racism - apartheid, separate laws, schools, workplaces, compounds – you don’t know how lucky you are to live in such a non-racist environment and I hope you never have to find out, although perhaps if you did, you might gain a sense of perspective and drop the self-pity.
    Last edited by zAk; 07-13-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Personal attacks removed
    chat Quote

Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[QUOTE=13th Yarba;1347356]You are an idiot Amani

Ken Bigley was murdered by a pathetic psychopath for no gain other than self-aggrandizement.

You should look inside yourself and question how you can defend this.

Also it is telling that all the examples given in this thread branding the UK as racist exclusively specify ‘racist jokes’ as the source of discomfort – poor you, it must be really terrible (sarcasm intended).

I have lived in many Muslim countries (unlike you lot) and have experienced true racism - apartheid, separate laws, schools, workplaces, compounds – you don’t know how lucky you are to live in such a non-racist environment and I hope you never have to find out, although perhaps if you did, you might gain a sense of perspective and drop the self-pity.[/QUOTE]

How do you know any of "you lot" never lived in a muslim countries?

I think you need check yourself. Of course there are non Muslims that are suffering in Muslim countries. However I think you are writing crap in regards to lot of these Muslim countries. Most non Muslim in Muslim countries have their own laws and are living a peaceful life and are able to practice their religions. Even when non Muslim are suffering, this suffering is not executively towards them, Muslims in these countries also get kidnapped, beheaded, stoned and prosecuted.

And shame on you for thinking this joke (which was deliberately made to target one individual =Bullying ) in particular was completely acceptable. You make Blackpool sound as if they are close knit community or something...

Don’t be hypocrite; you would be offended if it was you.
    Last edited by Rhubarb Tart; 07-12-2010 at 09:25 PM.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it is clear that nobody on this thread has had to live in a muslim country, if they had they would'nt be spouting this self-pitying rubbish, they would appreciate what they had and take a broader view

and as it happens being raised with a multinational upbringing has uniquely qualified me to comment - and i have lived amongst northerners to, the only difference between an insult and a joke is that they smile when its a joke, you are invited to join them or set yourslef apart - one thing they won't tolerate is pomposity - something you possess in spades
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 13th Yarba View Post
    it is clear that nobody on this thread has had to live in a muslim country, if they had they would'nt be spouting this self-pitying rubbish, they would appreciate what they had and take a broader view

and as it happens being raised with a multinational upbringing has uniquely qualified me to comment - and i have lived amongst northerners to, the only difference between an insult and a joke is that they smile when its a joke, you are invited to join them or set yourslef apart - one thing they won't tolerate is pomposity - something you possess in spades

Salam

But were you there? The poster is non Muslim and he was there. He said it was more than a joke and it happens on daily basis.
    In my opinion, the north is not racist especially Scotland, but majority of them are ignorant about ethnic minorities and their religions.
    Even supreme, another non Muslim agreed with the poster.
    Last edited by Rhubarb Tart; 07-12-2010 at 10:19 PM.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Is the North more racist than the South? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is the North more racist than the South?