× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 23 visibility 4404

Your favorite main antagonists in fiction.

Darth Ultor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I'm gonna take a page out of the Nostalgia Critic's book and do a top eleven list.

11. Bowser from Mario: Classic baddie; a monster who kidnaps a princess and the hero has to go on a big adventure to save her. In most games, in the last battle, Bowser seems to go into a blind rage, and Mario outsmarts him, resulting in his defeat.

10. Voldemort from Harry Potter: I'd place him pretty low on the list, mainly because of how he turned out in the last book. In the first six books, he was one mean mother, so in control and very intimidating. In the last book, he became such an annoying wimp. He was a whiny Prima-Donna and the final battle was epic fail.

9. Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda games: I only played Ocarina of Time, but Ganon was a great villain there. He takes over Hyrule, cleverly anticipates every move Link and Zelda make, and uses this knowledge to his advantage. But, he just couldn't hold against the Hero of Time.

8. Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII: An evil sorceress with a simple agenda. Instead of destroying or taking over the world, her ambition was to compress time and rule over it. You don't actually see her until the final battle, but she possesses a good sorceress, manipulates a war, nearly kills Rinoa and distorts the world. The battle against her is an epic one. Starts out with her in human form, she then summons a monster to atomize the heroes, she then possess the monster to make it even harder, and then you see her in a godly form.

7. Secretary of State Vincent Hadden from the first three Syphon Filter games: A corrupt politician who wants nothing but power and will even resort to terrorism and war to achieve it. A real nasty baddie who gets what he deserves in the end. Mikhas Ivankov from the fourth game was alright, but he was just a stereotypical terrorist and not very original. "I'll nuke Moscow, make it seem like the US was responsible, and start a war between the two countries and let them destroy each other." That type of character has been done to death.

6. Kuja from Final Fantasy IX: A melodramatic, cross-dressing villain who has everything planned out. He manipulates the most powerful country in the world to wage a war in the first two discs. Three cities are destroyed in that war. In the third disc, Kuja himself destroys the city of Alexandria. His goal is to rule over the planets of Gaia and Terra, but we learn that he, along the main protagonist are creations of a man named Garland in Terra. Zidane, the protagonist, was meant to be the permanent "Angel of Death" and Kuja was only temporary. There was a limit placed on his life. We find out after he kills Garland, who comes back as...something. A spiritual presence? So, after learning that he would soon die, Kuja decides to destroy the world After all, why should the world exist without him?

5. Sauron from Lord of the Rings: You never see him, he doesn't speak a single line, but you know that he is the most evil thing in existence. Even the all-powerful Gandalf fears him. If he wishes it, his dark presence can be felt throughout Middle-earth. Forget all the atrocities his armies caused, it's the fear factor that really stands out for me.

4. Azula from Avatar: the Last Airbender: Yes, I know Ozai is the main villain, but let's face it, Azula is much more interesting. Ozai is just a power hungry dictator. She is so evil and manipulative that you just love her. The blue fire adds more points to her. Whether she commits an act of evil out of duty or just for the laughs, it's epic.

3. Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII: This guy is badass incarnate. His ambition is to summon a meteor to destroy the world, so he can meld with the Lifestream, the world's spiritual energy, and become a god. On the way, he murders a good few thousand innocent people, including Aeris.

2. Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars: Here is a guy you just love to hate. He is a mix of several forms of villains; the corrupt politician, the evil genius, the manipulative *******, and the Dark Lord. He started the problems in the galaxy by taxing the trade routes, pissing off the Federation. That led to the whole Naboo Crisis, and step one was complete. Palpatine was elected Chancellor. To the Republic, he was Palpatine, to the Separatists, he was Darth Sidious. Once he manipulated he Separatists into attacking the Republic, the senate voted him emergency powers. Step two was complete. Now he had the authority to create an Army of the Republic and wage a war against the Separatists. After losing two apprentices, he cleverly turned Anakin over to the Dark Side. That was step three. After that he used Anakin, now Darth Vader, and the clone troopers to eliminate the Jedi and the Separatist leaders. Everything had gone according to plan for him, and Palpatine declared himself the Emperor. For over twenty years, he held absolute power over the galaxy, but he didn't bank on the success of Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance. Ultimately, it never even crossed his mind that Anakin would come back into the Light Side of the Force and destroy him to save Luke.

1. Krelian from Xenogears. This is a tragic character with a very complex goal. At first, he was on the good side, serving as the top general in the resistance movement against the onslaught of the Empire of Solaris. After Mother Sophia, to whom he had an unrequited love for sacrificed herself to allow the rebels a self retreat, he snapped. He concluded that if God existed, He would never have allowed this to happen, and if God doesn't exist, he would create God with his own hands. The means he takes to achieve this are deplorable. During that time, he became the leader of Solaris in order to help the Ministry achieve their goal of "Becoming one with God". He experimented on countless innocent people, forcing them to go through painful mutations, manipulating a war with Aveh and Kislev, resurrection Deus, a "god" machine which subsequently resulted in Deus absorbing the souls of 90% of the world's population. His ultimate goal was to have the -Contact-, our main protagonist Fei Fong Wong destroy Deus so the Wave Existence, or the true "God" could be free and return to His dimension. That way, Krelian and the world's population could be one with God, and never have to suffer again. I am not doing this beautiful masterpiece of a game any justice with this review. Krelian is more of an antihero than a true villain.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Your favorite main antagonists in fiction.

Nice thread!

My three favourite are:

Ganondorf, Legend of Zelda games. He was a theif born in the Gerudo tribe, and exclusively female tribe where a man is born every hundred years. A master swordsman, he acquired the Triforce, a relic that gives the user the power of the gods. He then imprisons the land, uses terrifying forces to keep people in their place and turns into a massive pig like boar when his evil heart gets too big for his humanity to contain!

O'brien, 1984- the Inner Party member who imprisons Winston, instigates his torture and eventually has him shot. O'Brien is a very intelligent lunatic who is a master at doublethink.

The Joker, Batman:The Dark Knight- Heath Ledger's amazing performance turned the Joker into a psycopath, interested in killed for the sheer fun of it, and nothing else (like money). Just brilliant. And completely insane.
    chat Quote

Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Andrew Ryan from Bioshock, The Illusive Man from Mass Effect springs to mind of late.

And lol, Boaz - concerning Final Fantasy VIII, I personally watched an hour and a half obliteration of that plot. It's on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses website.

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

has to be vegeta from dbz

or TOM from TOM + JERRY, that cat hardly ever caught a break!

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How about antagonist who becomes protagonist ?. i.e. Zuko from Avatar.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Remember Terminator (1984) ?.

Many people were disappointed when they knew Arnold Schwarzenegger became a main antagonist in this movie.

Maybe this disappointment became a reason to change his role in Terminator 2 & Terminator 3, from main antagonist into main protagonist.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nope, it's gotta be someone who is evil throughout the story. Even in the first season, he wasn't that bad. Zhao was the really evil one in the season 1. But Zuko is one of my favorite characters other than Iroh.
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Joker, Liquid snake.

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Squidward Tentacles from Spongebob Squarepants.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran View Post
    Liquid snake.
    BIG BOSS owns liquid any day

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92 View Post
    BIG BOSS owns liquid any day
    as if Liquid all the way! lol.

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

Lynx's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

too many to pick from !

t1000

the joker

lex luthor (comic book incarnation not the movie lex)

lavos from CT (who needs any dialogue?)

afi counts michael corleone as a villain so i'd go with that

the predator

captain vidal from pan's labrynth

Griffith from berserk (best anime/manga villain period.)

more that aren't coming to mind.
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This thread is officially awesome.

Skeletor from the He-man movie.

Unlike his cartoon-form were he constantly gets his ass kicked by a man in underpants, his live action portrayal was considerably more bad-ass.

He takes over castle greyskull, imprisons the Sorceress in an energy field that makes her age, hunts down He-man, captures him, tortures him (with a whip!) and then mocks him whilst he bleeds from his wounds.

Say what you will about the He-man universe, but there's no denying Skeletor in that movie was a real villain. Langnella's performance was sheer brilliance - he made Skeletor work! Defo one of my favourite antagonists in fiction.

Also, the bad guy from inglorious b*st*rds. If you haven't seen that movie, please do - for his performance alone. You won't be dissapointed.

Shout outs to Predator (I saw that movie when I was 9....!) and Sephiroth (Sqaure enix imo cannot hope to top this character, and it shows considering they use variations of him in the rest of their games ---> I'm looking at you Seymour and you Rosh!).

Anywho, I'm gonna take a shower.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Predator's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Albert Wesker from Resident evil . Took 10 years to kill him finally

When truth is hurled at falsehood , falsehood perishes. because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish [21:18- Holy quran]
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    sully's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Maleficent! from Sleeping Beauty. Come on bros, you gta include some evil women. Mwahahahaha!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Okay, I have a favorite antagonist from children books. But I am not sure if children in 21st century know this antagonist character, Police Constable Theopilus Goon from The Five Find Outers series by Enid Blyton.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Maleficent! from Sleeping Beauty. Come on bros, you gta include some evil women. Mwahahahaha!
    Hey, I included Ultimecia and Azula . But I do have others. Miang from Xenogears and Mara Aramov from the first four Syphon Filter games.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hannibal Lecter from hannibal and silence of the lamb - This guy both fascinated and terrorized me at the same time. Anton Cigurh from No Country for Old men and Ledger's The Joker are also so very completely insane, they just so fascinate. Anthony Hopkins, javier bardem and heath ledger really deserved their oscars.

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars - for his all around evilness and for his campiness. Darth Maul for his awesome kick a** fighting scenes.

Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. oh and Severus Snape (although not exactly an antagonist).

I also agree about Azula from Avatar: The last airbender. She is unbendingly evil.

Boromir from LOTR. I think he is more interesting than unpersonal Sauron or lame Saruman. and more complex too. He redeemed himself at the end though.

Kahn from Star Trek was the ultimate villain, but I am very much intrigued by Q, an extremely power being who can be very unpredictable.
    chat Quote

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Theodore Bagwell ( T-bagg) from Prison break and Sylar from Heroes.

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar View Post
    Hannibal Lecter from hannibal and silence of the lamb - .
    I agree with that, I love a tortured yet well educated villain.. have you seen the prequel?

YoungHannibal 2 - Your favorite main antagonists in fiction.

it sheds lights on his peculiarities..

also professor moriarty, Sherlocke's true contender..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Your favorite main antagonists in fiction.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Your favorite main antagonists in fiction. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Your favorite main antagonists in fiction.