× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 29 visibility 5506

Becoming a kaafir

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Becoming a kaafir

Report bad ads?

I am in deep trouble. My faith in Allah (swt) is on shaky grounds. I am a born Muslim and was very practicing in the past. But some depressive experiences with myself and on my family and the humans around me forced me to question whether Allah really cared for me or for us .... I momentarily felt that there is no one to hear me ...

I am feeling more depressed, I cannot imagine living a life without faith ... It is so empty ... my whole existence becomes useless ... I love Allah but I have been led astray by my mind and my heart has become silent in response to the tyranny of the questions with no answers revolving in my mind ...

I just got to hear that a certain family member has passed away. needless to say, I am depressed and wondering why?? then one of my parents was supposed to go to see a doc yesterday, they didnt, I was out of town and came today and am pissed that why they didnt go because I care about their health. So i asked them why didnt you go, they replied "Allah will take care of me ... " to which I just automatically murmured that Allah did not take care of that relative, why would He take care of you .... my parents are shocked at this statement of mine and so am I ....

I need Allah back in my life .... plz help me ...
    Becoming a kaafir

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Becoming a kaafir

The Prophet said, '...When Allaah loves a people He tests them...' [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. ]

And Allah (swt) said:

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَن تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِكُم مَّثَلُ الَّذِينَ خَلَوْا مِن قَبْلِكُم ۖ مَّسَّتْهُمُ الْبَأْسَاءُ وَالضَّرَّاءُوَزُلْزِلُوا حَتَّىٰ يَقُولَ الرَّسُولُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ مَتَىٰ نَصْرُ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ

"Or you think that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty, ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who had faith with him said, ‘When will the Help of Allah come?’. Yes! Indeed Allah’s help is close!" (al-Baqarah 2:214)

View more here http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...alamities.html
    Becoming a kaafir

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum salam,

Broter/sister, this is something I have written on a similar type of issue. Please read it.

Hardships are a necessity. We have to look at things that happen to us in this world in the most basic sense of it being a test and all we must concentrate on is passing this test. Don't try to fight it and assume you are entitled to having all good things happen to you cos you pray and do what Allah has asked.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

just remember that you are a traveler in this dunya. tests will come of course but you have to bear them. this dunya is temporary and is not meant to be an enjoyment for the believer but jannah is forever. if only we knew what jannah is like, we'd probably chop off our own arm for it
    Becoming a kaafir

ae8iug 1 - Becoming a kaafir

wwwislamicboardcom - Becoming a kaafir
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    bint begum's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please read this Inshaa Allaah.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12315/shaytaan
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    just remember that you are a traveler in this dunya. tests will come of course but you have to bear them. this dunya is temporary and is not meant to be an enjoyment for the believer but jannah is forever. if only we knew what jannah is like, we'd probably chop off our own arm for it
    we all know that we humans work hard for those goals whose reward is tangible and we have experience of how it feels. Dont you think it would be more just if we had seen Jannah with our own eyes and then were put in this filthy test of life? Surely then we would have worked hard to go to Jannah ...

plz Allah ... remove my doubts
    Becoming a kaafir

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Also, try to get hold of this book. Wallaah, it's very good.

http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/...zaan-book.html

May Allaah make things easy for you.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    we all know that we humans work hard for those goals whose reward is tangible and we have experience of how it feels. Dont you think it would be more just if we had seen Jannah with our own eyes and then were put in this filthy test of life? Surely then we would have worked hard to go to Jannah ...

The Prophet and the Sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) went through a lot more than any of us.

Allaah says:
    1. Alif Laam Meem.
    [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'aan, and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings.]
    2. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.
    3. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test).
    4. Or those who do evil deeds think that they can outstrip Us (i.e. escape Our Punishment)? Evil is that which they judge!
    5. Whoever hopes for the Meeting with Allaah, then Allaah's Term is surely coming. and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

And don't worry, it's just whiswaas from the shayateen. And because you hate it sooo much, it shows a sign of your eemaan.
    chat Quote

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So i asked them why didnt you go, they replied "Allah will take care of me ... " to which I just automatically murmured that Allah did not take care of that relative, why would He take care of you
    Can someone confirm this type of statement implies disbelief? Just because you think God won't do something, it doesn't mean you think God can't do something.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

this is where the belief is meant to come in, you would not need to see jannah if you believed in it. i would suggest you work your hardest on gaining knowledge your iman is very weak. will keep you in you in my dua inshaAllah
    Becoming a kaafir

ae8iug 1 - Becoming a kaafir

wwwislamicboardcom - Becoming a kaafir
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother or sister, Allah has proven his existence, through his creation, and has done so definitively. The matter is just that it takes a sincere heart to recognise and, more importantly, accept, the writing on the wall.

When Allah says in the Qur'an, "And from His signs is x, y, z.." "And in a, b, c there are signs...", all these created things are pointed to as signs of His existence and His majesty and they are defintive. It only takes sincere reflection upon them to reach that conclusion. Due to the fact that the matter is so plain, non-muslims have no excuse and are ****ed to Hell on count of their rejection.

Reflect on ayat 26.4:

"If We will, We can send down a (compelling) sign on them from heaven, so that they are forced to bow their necks before it (in humility)"

1. If God willed, He could, for example, write His Name on the surface of the heavens with stars or, as He caused Mount Sinai to tower above the Children of Israel to compel them to keep their covenant (2: 63), He could compel people to believe in some way. However, the signs He provides in creation and the lives of humankind, as well as through the Prophets, are perfectly sufficient for one who is not overcome by arrogance, wrongdoing, misjudgment, and carnal desires; if God were to provide a more obvious sign, this would mean negating human free will and nullifying the purpose of the tests we are put through.

God has endowed human beings with distinguishing faculties and honored us with free will. He has also created us with a disposition to believe and worship. Moreover, just as the whole universe and our physical composition provide multiple signs for the Existence and Unity of God, each human being has many experiences throughout his or her life that also give certainty to his or her conscience about this same, cardinal truth. In addition, God sent numerous Prophets throughout history, the character and life of each of whom, along with the many miracles God created at their hands, were an undeniable sign for the truth of the Message from God. In short, God opens all the doors to faith for human reason and conscience. However, He never compels human beings to believe, because this would be in contradiction to the dignity of free will. Unbelief arises not from there being a lack of sufficient signs, but rather from human arrogance, wrongdoing, misjudgment, an attachment to the world and worldly benefits, or carnal desires. This is clear in the history of many peoples who refused to believe, even when the miracle they asked their Prophet to perform had been shown to them, and who were subsequently destroyed as a result. (For example, see 7: 73–79.)
    Source.

Also, keep in mind that the people of Musa Alaihe Salam, having seen directly the splitting of the sea, started going astray even while Musa Alaihe Salam was alive.

The people at the time of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him didn't even accept faith upon seeing the moon being split in front of their eyes.

If you keep wanting signs, you will always be doubtful and open yourself to unnecessary shaytanic whispers.

I say, even if you have an inkling of faith, you owe it to yourself to speak to Allah from your heart sincerely and ask his guidance, whilst submitting to his commandments as best you can. Drop any expectations that you should be given peace and happiness in this world. The whole point is that it is a test.
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Brother or sister, Allah has proven his existence, through his creation, and has done so definitively. The matter is just that it takes a sincere heart to recognise and, more importantly, accept, the writing on the wall.

When Allah says in the Qur'an, "And from His signs is x, y, z.." "And in a, b, c there are signs...", all these created things are pointed to as signs of His existence and His majesty and they are defintive. It only takes sincere reflection upon them to reach that conclusion. Due to the fact that the matter is so plain, non-muslims have no excuse and are ****ed to Hell on count of their rejection.

Reflect on ayat 26.4:

"If We will, We can send down a (compelling) sign on them from heaven, so that they are forced to bow their necks before it (in humility)"

Source.

Also, keep in mind that the people of Musa Alaihe Salam, having seen directly the splitting of the sea, started going astray even while Musa Alaihe Salam was alive.

The people at the time of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him didn't even accept faith upon seeing the moon being split in front of their eyes.

If you keep wanting signs, you will always be doubtful and open yourself to unnecessary shaytanic whispers.

I say, even if you have an inkling of faith, you owe it to yourself to speak to Allah from your heart sincerely and ask his guidance, whilst submitting to his commandments as best you can. Drop any expectations that you should be given peace and happiness in this world. The whole point is that it is a test.
    interesting info.

To the OP: what specifically triggered your depression? Not achieving what you so desired?
    Becoming a kaafir

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post

Reflect on ayat 26.4:

Source.

I find it irrational when my parents said that "Allah will take care of me" without going to see a doc. Can a believer say so?
    Becoming a kaafir

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I find it irrational when my parents said that "Allah will take care of me" without going to see a doc. Can a believer say so?
    No. We have to take physical steps ourselves and then place our trust in Allah. You can't not take medicine and then expect to be cured.
    Becoming a kaafir

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Maryan0's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just think of all the trials and tribulations that the prophet and the sahaba went through. The prophet and the sahaba were persecuted the prophets dearest uncles and protecters Hamza and Abu talib died one without accepting Islam and therefore dooming himself for eternity. His dearest wife and the mother of all his children except one also died. All his sons died etc. death is a part of life and doesnt discriminate we will all die. I know that may not be any consolation but we need to accept Allah's wisdom. If you feel like your losing faith based on what has happened to you, you need to remember that your not the only one and that like has been said before life is full of trials and everyone will be tested.
    Salam
    chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

أحسب الناس أن يتركوا أن يقولوا آمنا وهم لا يفتنون

sorry to hear of your relative's death, & your parents are over reacting, people grieve differently, and it can include having very strong negative emotions/actions. also, the sentiment they expressed is obviously an incorrect one, Allah made this world with rules, you can't stop eating and drinking and say: Allah will take care of me and will feed me himself..
    what you're feeling is completely normal. and note, what happened cannot be undone, and we all die one day.

get on with life and don't look too much at the past.
    Last edited by alcurad; 03-30-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Becoming a kaafir

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They can say that, provided they are taking positive action.

Saying that indicates the strength of their bond with Allah. They wholeheartedy believe that Allah is real and he helps people. You need to have conviction in belief too.

However, saying that, we also have to take all available means to help ourselves. We don't rely on Allah to solve everything for us while not doing anything about our problems.

There is a hadith about tying the camel which relates to this issue of tawakul Allah:

One day Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the Bedouin, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?” The Bedouin answered, “I put my trust in Allah.” The Prophet then said, “Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah” (At-Tirmidhi).
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by awais View Post
    Deleted Post
    Arrogant little brat, I am not an ex-Muslim. I love Allah, I just cannot establish a connection with Him and am being really whiny in front of Him.

@ rest: JazakAllah for your advice. I hope Allah forgives my sin of saying such statements and having such thoughts. I need to tell my parents to take actions for their health and not just 'leave it to Allah' without doing anything themselves.
    Last edited by AabiruSabeel; 03-30-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Becoming a kaafir

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^glad to hear that
    Becoming a kaafir

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have experience in this if you want to PM and talk 1-on-1...
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Becoming a kaafir Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Becoming a kaafir