abu anas somali's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation The Hukm is for none except Allah (swt) - Don't Vote! - Abu Yahya

Report bad ads?

The Hukm is for none except Allah (swt) - Don't Vote! - Abu Yahya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjCM29y4XI

2. Report bad ads?
    Chuck's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Hukm is for none except Allah (swt) - Don't Vote! - Abu Yahya

Early Caliphs were elected by sura. Thats why it is called election of Abu Baker (ra), election of Umar (ra), and election of .... because it is voting.

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Hukm is for none except Allah (swt) - Don't Vote! - Abu Yahya

Any Muslim who accepts another law above the of Allah has committed a great sin. It is a part of a Muslim's creed to accept Islamic Law. If he is given the choice between Islamic law and something else, the Islamic law should be his obvious choice.

But since we are not given the option to live under Islamic law and we Muslims live as a minority that populates less than half of the population in whatever western country we live in, we have no option but to choose between two evils. We can either do our best to make our voices heard, so we can be given the freedom to practise our religion without any subjugation. Or, and this is what some Muslims have chosen, we can lay down all our efforts, give up and let someone who hates Islam and Muslims take over and hope that somehow the Islamic Law will be divinely established while the ones who have been put into power put all their time and effort in suppressing us.

I don't get a positive impression from this video because I don't believe he has addressed the present issues that we Muslims face. We live in non-Muslim lands where we are not given the right to practise our religion the way it is meant to be practised. Muslims are facing problems praying at work and, in some places, sisters are finding it dangerous to observe the hijaab. So silence or ignoring this matter isn't going to get us anywhere.

Of course, voting won't really bring a change either but Muslims need to make a positive step forward for the benefit of the Muslims as a whole.

I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced about this 'Don't vote' issue. It just goes around in circles and I'm really tired of people forcing their views instead of bringing constructive arguments.

I won't delete this thread but I will close it. I can't really see it getting anywhere.

Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 04-03-2010 at 10:17 PM.

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

5. Hide
Hey there! The Hukm is for none except Allah (swt) - Don't Vote! - Abu Yahya Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Hukm is for none except Allah (swt) - Don't Vote! - Abu Yahya