× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 21 visibility 3086

US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The US government has authorised operations to capture or kill the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, currently based in Yemen, reports say.

The cleric, who is a US citizen, is being targeted for his involvement in planning attacks on the US, officials told journalists.

Mr Awlaki was linked to the attempted bombing of an airliner bound for the US and a shooting on a US Army base.

The US has warned Yemen is becoming a safe haven for al-Qaeda.

The order was made by the Obama administration earlier this year, but it has just been revealed after a review of national security policy, the New York Times reported.
    Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8606584.stm

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

This guy shouldn't be worried, if Osama bin Laden is anything to go by.

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's very difficult for a lot of us Muslims to accept that Imaam Anwar al-Awlaki is indeed saying and doing these things. He was a well-respected scholar from whom a lot of us have learnt a great deal until recent years when some rather strange words began being attributed to him. It was and still is extremely difficult to believe that he really is saying all this. It doesn't sound like him at all. I read an article on MuslimMatters which helped somewhat: A Message to Muslim Youth: In Response to Anwar Al Awlaki
    Last edited by Uthman; 04-07-2010 at 08:36 PM.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I read that MuslimMatters article. The line that troubles me the most is: His call today for us as American Muslims to take up arms against our own country serves no other purpose but to wreak havoc and destruction. Many Muslims are living in the delusion of being American, Canadian or British especially when they are not natives to these lands. Does acquiring a blue passport make you an "American" while you were born and grew up in a remote village of Pakistan? But of course we also have a whole bunch of first and second generation Muslims who were born here and are lost in regards to their identity and that is the tough position to be in. Then add in the reverts who want to stay loyal to their country that wrecks havoc on Muslim and Islam on daily basis.
    Last edited by CosmicPathos; 04-07-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

6. Report bad ads?
    awais's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Awlaki been had Jihadi leanings, I heard them first when listening to his Seerah, when he comments on the story of 'the boy and the king', saying it is a proof for the "halal-ness" of suicide bombing! subhanAllah

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
    This guy shouldn't be worried, if Osama bin Laden is anything to go by.
    Bin Laden has a rather strange background that Anwar al-Awlaki does not have the benefit of. There is no indication that Anwar al-Awlaki has ever worked as an American operative nor had/has any connection with the CIA. I do not believe any USA purpose would be served if Anwar al-Awlaki eludes American forces. Bin Laden seems to serve a strong purpose for the US as his being alive and apparently unstoppable, gives justification for military forces to be in Afghanistan.

Herman 1 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

Sampharo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    It's very difficult for a lot of us Muslims to accept that Imaam Anwar al-Awlaki is indeed saying and doing these things. He was a well-respected scholar from whom a lot of us have learnt a great deal until recent years when some rather strange words begab being attributed to him. It was and still is extremely difficult to believe that he really is saying all this. It doesn't sound like him at all. I read an article on MuslimMatters which helped somewhat: A Message to Muslim Youth: In Response to Anwar Al Awlaki
    For the first while brother Uthman he has been spreading his influence through eloquence and carefully studied charismatic style of lectures, delivering subjects that are non-controversial and loved by muslims. This is a simple straightforward tactic of Ikhwan firebrands that is aimed at attracting attention and cultivating a following.

The articles he published in his own self-professed website (now closed) and lectures in his own voice and clear style, along with his students that were supporting his views online everywhere and carrying out a massive marketing effort, were full of clear deviance away from Ahlu Sunnah beliefs and attachment towards warring and muslim separation. No one can forget that he supported the maniacs in Somalia and called for their bloodshed to continue under the guise of instating true Shariah even though the government already did that, saying that since it came about democratically it should not be accepted. He attacked many Islamic organizations, falsely interpreted Quranic verses towards blind warring, and pronounced statements that are well known political and belief statements of khawarij.

Bad news is, the early lectures that many muslims liked, were specifically designed and delivered to do just that, draw the liking of many muslims. It's not that he "changed".

Wallahu Al-MostaAAan

Iblis's eternal destination in the Hellfire is due to Arrogance, not Disbelief.

wwwislamicboardcom - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

Banu_Hashim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhaanAllah.

It is Shaykh Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki that first got me interested in studying Islam. I'm saddened to read the above if it is true. May Allah forgive him for his mistakes and May Allaah (SWT) protect him. Ameen, Thumma Ameen!

‘Say: If the ocean were ink wherewith to write out the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted, even if We added another ocean like it.’~Al Qu'raan (18:109)

2533160 1 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by awais View Post
    Awlaki been had Jihadi leanings, I heard them first when listening to his Seerah, when he comments on the story of 'the boy and the king', saying it is a proof for the "halal-ness" of suicide bombing! subhanAllah
    anything wrong with "jihadi teachings?" If you dont accept Jihad as part of Islam, you are outside the fold of Islam. And I despise fatalist Muslims like you for the sake of Allah.
    Last edited by CosmicPathos; 04-07-2010 at 09:17 PM.

12. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Doesn't matter what he says or said, it doesn't give anyone the right to kill him, muslims in yemen will defend him and the US will end up with another war on its hands

33 43 1 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah protect him always. ameen

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by awais View Post
    abook4jc7 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

Insecured soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    anything wrong with "jihadi teachings?" If you dont accept Jihad as part of Islam, you are outside the fold of Islam. And I despise fatalist Muslims like you for the sake of Allah.
    i second that, jihad is part of islam. people who just wants to live under opressions are oppressor against themselves

allah says in the quran (surah ebrahiim)
    wa inkana makruhum litazulamin huljibaal

their plotting is so great that it would shake mountains

they plotted at that time and they still plotting guys..... wake up

i was deeply saddened when i heard the news and i made dua for this pious man, may allah keep him safe.

Oh lord make my best deeds the last deeds
    Oh lord make my best day the last day (aakhirah)

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It really is nothing more than simple politics. Anwar Awlaiki used to openly criticize the kuffars and their occupation of Muslim lands. he is a US citizen with good clean background but from yemen. western powers want to take over ALL of middle east and need an excuse to invade each land. make shia/sunni fight on the border of yemen, blame awlaiki as part of qaeda and invade yemen. Those living blind to reality, keep watching. You will see invasion and occupation of more middle eastern countries under pretense of qaeda presence.

18. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    It's very difficult for a lot of us Muslims to accept that Imaam Anwar al-Awlaki is indeed saying and doing these things. He was a well-respected scholar from whom a lot of us have learnt a great deal until recent years when some rather strange words began being attributed to him. It was and still is extremely difficult to believe that he really is saying all this. It doesn't sound like him at all. I read an article on MuslimMatters which helped somewhat: A Message to Muslim Youth: In Response to Anwar Al Awlaki
    I think the operative word here is being attributed to him.. when the U.S doesn't like your brand of free speech they are sure to bomb your town and assassinate you, of course after they've assassinated your character especially to the people who admire you.. May Allah swt save imam al'awlaki from these devils and make Islam and Muslims triumphant...

they want religion as a relic on a shelf the sort of laughable brand that Christianity is or else.. does the world not see this as every form of lowly warfare? These people aren't our friends and certainly we shouldn't take them for allies!..

2:120] Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah, that is the (only) Guidance," wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor Helper against Allah.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

everyone should take a look at the map in Somalia and the so called port where super powers aren't able to dismantle a pathetic fleet of bandits and then let me know if you think 'Islamists/ extremists/fundies/' are behind it or somebody else with vested interest in creating havoc and spreading misinformation for a reason!

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

I cant believe this - They going to kill him?

edit - If You read the bbc profile on Anwar they describe him as a "radical" and "terrorist" - linked to 9/11 as if.

shocking.

peace
    Last edited by Zafran; 04-08-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

they just want an excuse to be in yemen.

funny, he's been preaching for (in my memory about) 6 years and nothing of this bothersome rubbish came up. if they really had a problem with him, why haven't hey addressed this sooner. it really makes you wonder what their real agenda.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hopefully someone will kill off obama before anyone touches imam awlaki, I don't understand how he's tryin to build good relationships with muslims and at the same time go to war with them

33 43 1 - US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

who says he is trying to build a good relationship with Muslims? anyone that takes that office has the same agenda with a modality of public speaking to cater to the masses. They disguise their wickedness with dressed up words that are as meaningless as their wars and illegal occupations. .. it makes my blood boil and these short sighted fools don't understand that when they go after scholars one by one except for the pacifists as they completely wish to separate the Quran from the sunnah so that there is no chance of an Islamic empire uprising that they simply breed more of these so-called terrorists.. there is only so much of the inane and ludicrous hogwash they brain the youth with before they collectively wake up and realize that they are eradicating them by the bush load while stealing their natural resources!

hasbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. US 'approves killing' US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki