× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 2632

The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart, By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali

imam bukhari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart

By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali

Acquire knowledge because doing so is good. Seeking it is worship. Reviewing it is glorifying Allah. Researching it is jihad. Teaching it to the ignorant is charity. Serving the scholars is a way of drawing near to Allah because knowledge is the path of ascension to the stations of Paradise. It is a companion in isolation and a comrade in distant lands. It speaks to you in solitude. It is a guide to prosperity and a shield against adversity. It beautifies one among friends and is a weapon against enemies.

With it Allah elevates people and makes them guides and bellwethers of good. The scholars are people whose words are sought and whose actions are imitated. The angels long for the scholar’s company and comfort them with their wings. Everything, the fish of the sea, the beasts of the earth, the predators of the land and sea, and the cattle pray that blessings come upon him.

This is because knowledge enlivens the heart against ignorance, illuminates the eyes against darkness, and strengthens the body. It transports the servants to the mansions of the select and the righteous and to the highest ranks in the world and in the Hereafter. Contemplating it is equivalent to fasting, and reviewing it is equivalent to the Night Prayer vigil. With it, kinship is united and the lawful is distinguished from the unlawful. Knowledge is an imam which leads to righteous actions. It is craved by the people destined for Paradise and shunned by people destined for Hell.

[Warathatu’l-Anbiya’; Imam Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...ab-al-hanbali/
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Banu_Hashim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    A slave of Allaah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart, By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali

JazaakAllahu Khayran

‘Say: If the ocean were ink wherewith to write out the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted, even if We added another ocean like it.’~Al Qu'raan (18:109)

2533160 1 - The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart, By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali
    chat Quote

strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart, By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali

Bump. Beautiful quote Masha Allah.

chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Beautifully put.

This is something I have often contemplated, and can be complicated , but only in definition.

I have come to the conclusion that the key in seeking knowledge and 'reviewing / contemplating it is to gain "wisdom". So the end objective is not knowledge for knowledge's sake, but to be wise in applying it.

A bit 'knit picky'?

Peace
    Last edited by greenhill; 10-08-2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: grammar
    | Likes MuslimInshallah liked this post

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart, By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Beauty Of Knowledge And How It Enlivens The Heart, By Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali