× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 24 visibility 3908

Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

2971811105 - Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts

Kuwait is also taking legal action against those involved in the import and sale of 'obscene' shirts

By Habib Toumi, Bahrain Bureau Chief Published: 11:51 April 12, 2010
    One of the shirts confiscated by the Kuwaiti authorities. Image Credit: Supplied Manama: Kuwait has confiscated shirts with "obscene messages and pictures" and is taking legal action against the people involved in importing and selling them.

According to Kuwaiti media, the commerce and industry ministry has confiscated "morally offensive" items and products from shops and is contacting the public prosecutor to take action against those involved in bringing and selling them in Kuwait.

The pictures and messages on the items are against public morals and incite debauchery, the ministry said.

Kuwaiti law sets a punishment up to three years' imprisonment and an up to KD3,000 (US$9,780) fine for anyone who publicly incites in a public place immoral acts and prostitution and for anyone who prints or sells or distributes or exhibits pictures or drawings or forms or anything immoral.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kuwait...hirts-1.611280

Comments:

Where do you think these shirts are coming from? The anti-islam organizations/agencies in the west are producing these and shipping them to Muslim worlds to change the perception and mindset of the people there. This is brainwashing propaganda so Muslims start selling their sisters rather than stand up for their honor and defending them against these colonizing rapists.

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts

Wow, that shirt is disgusting. You wouldn't even find such abominable T-shirts in London.

Abu Zainab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why is the word obscene in quotation marks....Is the journalist not man enough to say it really is obscene?

Even in the most liberal of societies this would be considered outrageous.

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
    Where do you think these shirts are coming from?
    Maybe from Bangladesh, maybe from Indonesia, maybe from China, maybe from ........

The question is not where those T-shirts were produced, but who created the design. Those T-shirts maybe printed in origin country, maybe in destination country.

The anti-islam organizations/agencies in the west are producing these and shipping them to Muslim worlds to change the perception and mindset of the people there. This is brainwashing propaganda so Muslims start selling their sisters rather than stand up for their honor and defending them against these colonizing rapists.
    I don't think this is western propaganda for brainwash Muslims.
    That's just a rude joke for protest something, and probably it was created by Muslims themselves.

6. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the muslim youth are lapping up the toxic fashion styles......in the middle east if you dont dress hip you're backward and stupid.....but who's more backward than a person who wears a shirt printed with 'my honor and dignity is for sale'

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Three years in jail for wearing a T-Shirt - THAT is obscene.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That T-shirt is not obscene, but insult and offense women. I agree if Govt ban those T-shirt.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Three years in jail for wearing a T-Shirt - THAT is obscene.
    In certain countries people get only few weeks in jail for wearing obscene T-shirt. But people can get more than ten years in jail for wearing T-shirt that questioning govt policy.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

... which is ridiculus. It is just a T-shirt.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it is just white powder 'cocaine', it is just a shaken baby (overly loved), it is just a man in a rainbow bikini gyrating prading before three year olds, it is just an obscene shirt ... it is just ______________ add debauchery of choice to the space provide it and get the atheist approval!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts

12. Report bad ads?
    Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    it is just white powder 'cocaine', it is just a shaken baby (overly loved), it is just a man in a rainbow bikini gyrating prading before three year olds, it is just an obscene shirt ... it is just ______________ add debauchery of choice to the space provide it and get the atheist approval!
    No, not really. You're talking about things that actually harm people here. Shaking a baby too hard can kill them. Substances such as cocaine can be dangerous and kill people. Pedophiles also are a threat towards young children. How can you compare those to the wearing of a crude shirt?

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    ... which is ridiculus. It is just a T-shirt.
    Say it with T-shirt.

T-shirt is a media for expressing something. People can draw or write anything on T-shirt, like funny picture, humor, critic or word of wisdom. This is not about wearing T-shirt, but about what is picture or word on that T-shirt.

You must be have T-shirts, and I guess you chose those because you love the design that printed on those T-shirts.

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ they harm moral condition of the society.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
    Wow, that shirt is disgusting. You wouldn't even find such abominable T-shirts in London.
    Actually I saw plenty in london tourist shops

33 43 1 - Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    No, not really. You're talking about things that actually harm people here. Shaking a baby too hard can kill them. Substances such as cocaine can be dangerous and kill people. Pedophiles also are a threat towards young children. How can you compare those to the wearing of a crude shirt?
    Some people will argue that they don't know that shaking a baby can cause hemorrhage as such isn't a crime.. and cocaine has medicinal uses, surely you have heard of bupivacaine, benzocaine, lidocaine.. indeed it too 'cocaine' is a powerful anesthetic so not only can it comfort people but due to its equally powerful vasoconstrictive effect it can also stop bleeding temporarily if applied to an area where a bleed can't be controlled or a small vessel can't be ligated for it can't be visualized .. I might even argue that it is very useful.. so I ask how you can even compare that to a crude shirt? surely one is morally degenerate and the first potentially life saving..

see what happens when your morality is self-made and you are ignorant of the sciences as you are of theology?

all the best

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts

18. Report bad ads?
    Getoffmyback's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you think that this t-shirt's quote is meant to be against muslim veiled sisters or So? Or just for teen boys knowing that boys always fight with their sisters! Cos i have a nephew and niece and i see how they post funny stuff against each others.

kuwait have an islamic goverment law?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    Actually I saw plenty in london tourist shops
    Really? I live in London and not once have I encountered anyone wearing this top! Actually, the other day, I did see a man wearing a T-shirt saying: 'I don't need sex, the government ****s me every time I pay taxes', although I would not consider that on the same level as this T-shirt. I honestly am not sure which tourist shops you have in mind...?

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    Some people will argue that they don't know that shaking a baby can cause hemorrhage as such isn't a crime.. and cocaine has medicinal uses, surely you have heard of bupivacaine, benzocaine, lidocaine.. indeed it too 'cocaine' is a powerful anesthetic so not only can it comfort people but due to its equally powerful vasoconstrictive effect it can also stop bleeding temporarily if applied to an area where a bleed can't be controlled or a small vessel can't be ligated for it can't be visualized .. I might even argue that it is very useful.. so I ask how you can even compare that to a crude shirt? surely one is morally degenerate and the first potentially life saving..
    ?

Shaking a baby, has actual, real consequences to other people. I am aware of the use of cocaine for medicinal purposes but in the context you were using, you were trying to make the point that well, if these t-shirts are okay, then why not other things... and then you went on to compare ridiculous things to the wearing of a specific t-shirt. I ask again: How are they comparable?

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

?

Shaking a baby, has actual, real consequences to other people.
    some babies are shaken to no consequence and lovingly.. in certain cultures babies are put in a sieve and shaken by each family member.. it is considered a celebration!
    I am aware of the use of cocaine for medical purposes but in the context you were using, you were trying to make the point that well, if these t-shirts are okay, then why not other things... and then you went on to compare ridiculous things to the wearing of a specific t-shirt.
    You are aware yet your reply denotes you were so aghast, I used it as an example to display how wishy washy your 'morality' is if it exists at all .. you seem to have a haphazard random way of assigning it and yet appalled at what others find appalling.. what does that make you?

You didn't really support your comparison. You went off on a tangent about the practical application of cocaine and said that oh, well perhaps people might not know that shaking their baby can kill it.
    see two above replies!

all the best

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm not appalled at people being offended at specific t-shirts. I can see why Muslims might find these grotesque. I only took issue with your silly comparisons of wearing a t-shirt to killing a baby. If you want to ask me about my ethical compass, I suggest you PM me or open it up in one of the morality threads.

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm not appalled at people being offended at specific t-shirts. I can see why Muslims might find these grotesque. I only took issue with your silly comparisons of wearing a t-shirt to killing a baby. If you want to ask me about my ethical compass, I suggest you PM me or open it up in one of the morality threads.
    you wrote and again in support of your friend:
    How can you compare those to the wearing of a crude shirt?
    to which I have amply supplemented you with evidence that things that you might find terrible/appalling/incomparable to heinous acts or (insert the word of your choice here) is in fact quite comparable, it is all about what how tight your morality meter is or where your morals come from to begin with and demonstrated for you instances where the afore mentioned 'crimes' can either be cultural or medicinal.. so it is really a question of what is moral and how such standards are instated or applied.. Again, I notice that atheists have no standards or change their standards as the topic changed.. it is what we call plain hypocrisy..basically I don't want to hear the atheist complaint of why folks find it appalling that such shirts come with a fine to manufacture or wearer.

all the best

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts