× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 1721

Tips on reading and memorizing?

Samiun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

, could any brother/sister here in this forum give me some tips or technique in reading? I have been reading quite a few fatwas since I began to find interest on 'music is haram'. As my curiosity deepen I now find it quite hard to remember something in a book or a fatwa. It's true, if I had been given an order to do something like an hour ago I would forget it instantly. The next thing I know I had a 'hunch' that I have forgotten something and hours(some where around 5-10) later I would remember the 'order' but then I would forget it again. I really need help, I am not even at an age where I'm suppose to forget things easily..

Lastly, it took me days(and still trying) to memorize 'Dua Qunut' for fajr...
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Tips on reading and memorizing?

Concerning memorizing, I think there is a thread in the forum about ways to strengthen memory, I think it's this :
    Ways To Strengthen One’s Memory

I can give you a tip about memorizing, I heared it from one experienced Sheikh :
    "If you want to memorize the quran or any text, try to memorize it line by line (or aya by aya). For each line/aya do the forllowing :
    1) just read it and try to understand it.
    2) look at it deeply and concentrate in it, and try to see how it's written (the form of words, the order and the position of words.
    3) keep looking at it (the line/aya) and take a profound breath in order to bring a maximum quantity of oxygen while you're concentrating.
    4) don't look at the line/aya, and try to repeat it in your mind about three times.
    after that (3 times) the text line/aya is completely memorized.
    then repeat this method with all ayat/lines you have untill you memorize all the text."
    And I want to tell you that your memory is not weak, you have a good memory but it needs activation. Memory is improved by exercice (like every organ in the body), It will be a little bit hard to memorize in the first time, but after 2 or 3 exercices, you'll be surprized how good your memory is.

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

Samiun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakhallah Khair brother Marwen, Inshallah I will be able to understand and memorize a lot of dua,fatwas and surahs...
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah makes you easy to memorize Qur'an and become a hafiz.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want to memorize Al Imran v. 169-175 and Al Hadid v. 12-16. Any suggestions and advices?
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Tips on reading and memorizing? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Tips on reading and memorizing?