× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 54 visibility 7164

Spiritual encounters

Darth Ultor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Spiritual encounters

Report bad ads?

You ever had a supernatural encounter? I know ghosts don't exist in Islam, but there are malevolent Jinn. In February of '09, I was walking my dog one calm night and then suddenly a really cold strong wind started blowing, the trees were flailing wildly, and the area by the development's clubhouse got a bit hazy in the distance, and I usually walk him around that area. But it seemed as though the universe itself was urging me to go back to the house. I bolted with the dog back to the house, and he was running with his tail between his legs, not wagging it like he usually does when running. Scariest feeling I ever had. Once I was back in the house, everything was calm again.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Spiritual encounters

that sounds like the making of an enchanting evening Boaz..

typical start for tales from one of my favorite anthologies isbn 1aspx?isbn9780192804471 - Spiritual encounters

Yes I have many stories but would like to keep their sanctity .. I come from a city more ancient than sin and you can encounter everything there in the old buildings...:smile:
    Spiritual encounters

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Spiritual encounters

chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ lol ... let me take a guess. Iskandria?
    Spiritual encounters

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

port saiid actually.. but no the old old house I am referring to was in cairo.. and I have seen things there so bizarre I prefer to classify them the active imagination of a child, although I know otherwise!

Spiritual encounters

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Spiritual encounters

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Darth Ultor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are these actually Jinn, or can energy just linger on the earth?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have previously had dreams where I dream something and it comes to fruition very soon, sometimes in the next day. Does that count?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Are these actually Jinn, or can energy just linger on the earth?
    they were jinn and they too follow their own religions.. but I don't want to say more on this topic..

peace
    Spiritual encounters

chat Quote

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^^^ I have that Oxford book of ghost stories, I haven't read it yet though. I've had quite a few strange things during my time, I have premonition sort of experiences and get unexplained scratches. I won't dwell too much on it though because people would either think I'm mad or a liar. :\ Me and my friends stopped in a haunted Tudor manor house before, it was crazy lol, all the lights were off ,it was silent and then there was just the sound of someone scraping their fingers across the wooden end of one of the beds before there was all this banging on the wall that moved from the window to the wall by my head. My heart was pounding so much lol, then we just started laughing slightly hysterically. :P It took a while for us to turn the lights off again. My friend also moved from her bed because she had a packet of sweets on the shelf behind her and it sounded like someone had put their hand in and was rattling around. I just decided/hoped at the time it was her and didn't say anything until she asked if it was me. It was all very exciting really and we went back, but apart from a slight knocking nothing happened that time. :|
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't see why anyone would call you crazy or delusional or a liar.. in fact even the most skeptical of us has some strange encounter, I personally always look for a logical explanation as I adhere to the Islamic explanation which is that there is a veil between us and the other realm as such even Islamically speaking, I should have doubt on what it is I have seen.. but I know what I have seen and there is no way I can classify it under anything of the physical laws of our universe!

anyhow that is that!

peace
    Spiritual encounters

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    port saiid actually.. but no the old old house I am referring to was in cairo.. and I have seen things there so bizarre I prefer to classify them the active imagination of a child, although I know otherwise!

have you seen jinn? what do they look like?

I heard there were some crazy jinn inside the tombs of pharoahs
    Spiritual encounters

33 43 1 - Spiritual encounters
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    have you seen jinn? what do they look like?

I heard there were some crazy jinn inside the tombs of pharoahs
    I really don't want to talk about this, but will tell you this much.. whatever I have seen I have seen in the mirror, and others who have seen this particular thing have seen it only in the mirror.. and we'd named him abu dahr a7mar for an obvious reason!

Spiritual encounters

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't see why anyone would call you crazy or delusional or a liar.. in fact even the most skeptical of us has some strange encounter, I personally always look for a logical explanation as I adhere to the Islamic explanation which is that there is a veil between us and the other realm as such even Islamically speaking, I should have doubt on what it is I have seen.. but I know what I have seen and there is no way I can classify it under anything of the physical laws of our universe!

anyhow that is that!

peace
    I meant I have quite a few stories and sometimes it feels like if I tell people that's what they'll think. Someitmes when it comes to premonitions there is no logical explanation, because there's no way you could have known what you do. It's like for a few seconds everything makes sense that shouldn't, then afterwards it's the oddest feeling because you were so certain of something but it no longer makes sense. Lots of people have premonitions I imagine, perhaps it's like you're tapping into a part of your brain that's not always in use.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really don't want to talk about this, but will tell you this much.. whatever I have seen I have seen in the mirror, and others who have seen this particular thing have seen it only in the mirror.. and we'd named him abu dahr a7mar for an obvious reason!

Who was abu dhar, I remember his name?

I've seen jinn in the form of a cat, it sat outside my madrassa class and listened to us praying Quran

the mirror thing sounds scary, I remember kids used to say if you say some certain words whilst looking at the mirror - something comes after you
    Spiritual encounters

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    I meant I have quite a few stories and sometimes it feels like if I tell people that's what they'll think. Someitmes when it comes to premonitions there is no logical explanation, because there's no way you could have known what you do. It's like for a few seconds everything makes sense that shouldn't, then afterwards it's the oddest feeling because you were so certain of something but it no longer makes sense. Lots of people have premonitions I imagine, perhaps it's like you're tapping into a part of your brain that's not always in use.
    There are a few theories about that 'déjà vu' -- psychiatry in general is based on so much empiricism and as a quasi scientific substitute for things that folks otherwise render a particular religious meaning to.. but underneath it all you really don't know the cause of many of those phenomenon which run the gamut.. we can only theorize!

Who was abu dhar, I remember his name?

I've seen jinn in the form of a cat, it sat outside my madrassa class and listened to us praying Quran

the mirror thing sounds scary, I remember kids used to say if you say some certain words whilst looking at the mirror - something comes after you
    abu dahr means possesses back.. abu dahr a7mar means possesses a red back.. anyhow.. this particular thing was harmless for I was told by my grandmother that she had seen it at fajr time in the mirror making ablution.. hence I believe they too follow different creeds, which I mean generally it is believed that they do-- the things I have seen as a child I haven't seen as an adult except in dreams.. and generally my dreams have come true even the terrible ones..

as an ex. once I had a dream about my dead uncle, he was dressed in a wedding type suit really sharp and looking very serious, everyone in my family was trying to avoid his gaze and I had missed him so much I wanted to go and hug him, I didn't understand why everyone was giving him the cold shoulder.. everyone was there except my aunt.. she was the only one not present.. I found out the next day that she died on her way to the hospital.. anyhow stuff of that nature makes me wish to never dream but then sometimes I am sent some comforting dreams too and for those I am grateful!

Spiritual encounters

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This reminds me of own experience.
    I had this white american friend who did not believe at all in the realm of djinn. He thought Indonesians are funny because we believe in all types of djinn. We shared an apartment in Jakarta which was built on a relocated graveyard (it is still surrounded by graveyards). Two experiences completely changed his opinion about the matter:

1. One night he was alone in the apartment with my cousin and I was away. They were in living room just talking and suddenly heard noises from the kitchen. They thought I'd arrived and entered through the back door and went cooking and made all that noises. But they got suspicious when they called me and no one answered from the kitchen. The noises kept continuing. Finally they decided to check out who's in the ktchen and collecting their courage, they went in to the kitchen, and just right then the noises stopped and no one was in the kitchen and the room looked as normal as before.

2. One morning when he was in the living area, he was looking at the free standing full length mirror and definitely saw a person or close to it in the mirror. It was definitely not a hallucination.

He was a skeptic before, but not after those two events
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That was cat, not jinn.
    Bloody marry ?, or other ghosts ?. That is in movie.

Do not ever call jinns to appear in the mirror. They will not appear in the mirror.
    But later, they will come to you when you are not ready. And not in the mirror.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol bloody Mary and the candyman. load of rubbish. Does anyone believe in spirit guides?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    That was cat, not jinn.

Bloody marry ?, or other ghosts ?. That is in movie.

Do not ever call jinns to appear in the mirror. They will not appear in the mirror.
    But later, they will come to you when you are not ready. And not in the mirror.
    nah my teacher said you can get jinns inside animals

nah I think it was the candyman LOL, and its called bloody Mary, not marry
    Spiritual encounters

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't talk about bloody mary or candyman.

But, don't ever call any spirit.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

EDIT
    (double post again. What happen, I submit once, not twice).
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Spiritual encounters Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Spiritual encounters