× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 30 visibility 4604

Love the sinner hate the sin?

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

A member has brought this up that we should love foreign soldiers for killings muslims, but 'disagree' with their deeds. Anyone know if this is the attitude we should have in islam, to 'love the sinner but hate the sin'. By this thinking we could all love hitler or osama bin laden.

Please provide evidence for your statements

33 43 1 - Love the sinner hate the sin?
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Love the sinner hate the sin?

I have no comment on the 'love the sinner', but about hating the sin. Surely, in Islam we should hate the sin.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand (by taking action); if he cannot, then with his tongue (by speaking out); and if he cannot, then with his heart (by hating it and feeling that it is wrong).” (Narrated by Muslim, 49).

My personal opinion to the 'hate the sinner' is that we shouldn't do so, coz' we can't really know if the person has repented from the sin or not (or if he feels bad doing it) or the reasons for it. My point is that we can't judge him by that sin he commits without having the sufficient knowledge. On the other hand, I think it's ok to judge a person based on his deeds such as Hitler or Osama. But that person might do alot more good deeds that we don't know of. Allah knows best.

Edit: To add an example- My uncle was killed by a ruler. Overall the ruler was a good person. He gave people their rights and granted them justice and security. Regardless, many ignorant outsiders use the killings the ruler committed (my uncle among them) as a justification for their own parties' wrongdoings, though, in fact, he did it for a just reason. Now I could've hold a grudge against him for that action he committed if I would've been judgmental or inconsiderate.
    Last edited by Asiyah3; 05-03-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added an example

Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided. (6:86)

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve. (10:62)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok I can understand that from a muslim perspective, but what about non-muslims? We believe that their deeds will not be forgiven

Alot of people will promote that we should love everybody and only 'disagree' with sins, christians do this alot even though it is not part of their faith

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well for a kafir it means hate the person too. i mean how could you love somebody who is killing our brothers and sisters?

ae8iug 1 - Love the sinner hate the sin?

wwwislamicboardcom - Love the sinner hate the sin?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    well for a kafir it means hate the person too. i mean how could you love somebody who is killing our brothers and sisters?
    All 'kafir' are actively killing muslims?

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    All 'kafir' are actively killing muslims?
    where did i say that

chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslaamu aaaykum

Whatever the issue..i disagree ...i think it should be "Sinner is a Human SO,Hate the Sin" rather...sorry i dont have no evidence..

So yeahh

Wa alaaykum Salaam

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

or it can be "Love the Sinner,Hate the sin" whichever way makes sense..

Should feel sorry for the SINNER,theyre going to be in big trouble !

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

where did i say that
    "well for a kafir it means hate the person too. i mean how could you love somebody who is killing our brothers and sisters?"

If you don't mean it, did you suggest hating all kafir anyway?

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"well for a kafir it means hate the person too. i mean how could you love somebody who is killing our brothers and sisters?"

If you don't mean it, did you suggest hating all kafir anyway?
    hummmm let me think......well NO of course NOT. why would i hate every kafir for?? its not what my religion tells me to do.

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Another interesting question might be whether God 'loves the sinner, but hates the sin'?

Does God (according to Islam) not show mercy and forgiveness, even when people don't deserve it?
    Does that mean he loves us, even when we fall, fail and let him down?

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Love the sinner hate the sin?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hummmm let me think......well NO of course NOT. why would i hate every kafir for?? its not what my religion tells me to do.
    I don't know.Your sentence reads as if you were suggesting that all kafir should be hated.

"I know how to fight
    I know how to sing
    I know the way"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know.Your sentence reads as if you were suggesting that all kafir should be hated.
    I believe she was referring to this:

A member has brought this up that we should love foreign soldiers for killings muslims

Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided. (6:86)

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve. (10:62)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    Ok I can understand that from a muslim perspective, but what about non-muslims? We believe that their deeds will not be forgiven

Alot of people will promote that we should love everybody and only 'disagree' with sins, christians do this alot even though it is not part of their faith
    I can't think of any non-muslims that I hate. Though I think that I do have a right to hate those who have hurt me without any (just) reason. I don't think that such folks deserve to be given any status for feelings (even hate), I just know that I don't want to do anything with them.

I like/dislike non-muslims based on their actions (considering their intention). If a non-muslim has wronged me, but is afterwards sincerily sorry and has repented from it, then I would forgive her insha'llah.

'love everybody'? What our religion teaches us holds much more wisdom; kind and just treatment equally to all.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Another interesting question might be whether God 'loves the sinner, but hates the sin'?

Does God (according to Islam) not show mercy and forgiveness, even when people don't deserve it?
    Does that mean he loves us, even when we fall, fail and let him down?
    hmm I was also thinking of it from gods views, I don't think we can say whether He loves us all regardless of sin and disbelief

Allah shows mercy and forgiveness to the believers as far as I know, not sure about forgiveness to disbelievers as it wouldn't make sense
    Last edited by aadil77; 05-03-2010 at 06:03 PM.

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_ View Post
    I can't think of any non-muslims that I hate. Though I think that I do have a right to hate those who have hurt me without any (just) reason. I don't think that such folks deserve to be given any status for feelings (even hate), I just know that I don't want to do anything with them.

I like/dislike non-muslims based on their actions (considering their intention). If a non-muslim has wronged me, but is afterwards sincerily sorry and has repented from it, then I would forgive her insha'llah.

'love everybody'? What our religion teaches us holds much more wisdom; kind and just treatment equally to all.
    Well I can think of plenty of non-muslims I hate, starting with those who are at war with us. Those that have oppressed us, raped our sisters, made young children into orphans, tortured our brothers, ridiculed our religion etc etc the list goes on and on.

I don't think the 'love everybody' mentality works in islam, like you said we are taught alot more wisdom, we'll deal with everyone with respect and justice but it doesn't mean we have to love them. Love is a very strong emotion, not everyone deserves it.
    Last edited by aadil77; 05-03-2010 at 04:52 PM.

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm I was also thinking of it from gods views, I don't we can say whether He loves us all regardless of sin and disbelief

Allah shows mercy and forgiveness to the believers as far as I know, not sure about forgiveness to disbelievers as it wouldn't make sense
    In that sense nobody is beyond God's mercy and forgiveness, don't you think?

If Hitler, in the moments before his death, had sincerely repented all his horrendous sins and submitted to God, would God have forgiven him?

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Love the sinner hate the sin

^^ Above statement is little bit sensible only if the sinner stopped sinning...

But even that becomes negligible if it is a big sin --> which should result in capital punishment.

Intentions matters most! - and that is visible only to ALLAH and HE is the best JUDGE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    In that sense nobody is beyond God's mercy and forgiveness, don't you think?

If Hitler, in the moments before his death, had sincerely repented all his horrendous sins and submitted to God, would God have forgiven him?
    no the same way He didn't to pharoah when he submitted when he was drowning, but I can't say for certain - Allah Knows Best

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no the same way He didn't to pharoah when he submitted when he was drowning, but I can't say for certain - Allah Knows Best
    Yes, I have always wondered about Pharaoh, and about how he seemed to be destined by God to be the bad guy in the plot. The Bible mentions several time God stating that he would 'harden Pharaoh's heart'.

I cannot recall the Bible mentioning that Pharaoh repented and submitted to God when he was drowning, and that God did not have mercy on him. Does the Qu'ran say so specifically?

I hope and pray that God's love and forgiveness is greater than our human hearts and minds can comprehend ...

Peace

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Love the sinner hate the sin? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Love the sinner hate the sin?