× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 64 visibility 9565

NeW yorK

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

NeW yorK

Report bad ads?

I'm goin to new york this summer, well im meant to be going inshAllah, I'm pretty sure some of you lot have been there or are from there, so apart from all the famous attractions what places are worth goin to which aren't so famous? for some reason I like going to masjids in different places, whats the main masjid down there, where I can meet all the revert rappers lol , no NOI masjids. Also any let me know about any halal restaurents I have to go to, proper halal, not dodgy halal.
    NeW yorK

33 43 1 - NeW yorK
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: NeW yorK

Where in NY will you be? if NYC

there is a major Islamic center E96, At Third Ave
    10a mosque - NeW yorK

no one really likes this center they prefer the one on 11th st. called Madina Masjid
    401E. 11th St.,
    most people I know prefer it, and it is close to http://www.venierospastry.com/

lots of Algerians and Moroccans there making amazing pastries

so the mosque is right across lol ..(stay away from the coffee there though) it is awful!

other than that my favorite things are probably not amusing to most others..

NeW yorK

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - NeW yorK

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

here is 'proper' Halal but it is over-priced (this is NYC) where everything is

http://chinesemirch.com/

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/ravagh/menu

there is an afghan one on 26th and third but he also serves alcohol but he swears his food is halal so.. I am leaving it out to your discretion..

http://www.bamiyan.com/

I don't tend to eat out because I have stomach probs..

anyhow there is also a 'Halal cart' probably the cheapest with the highest rating:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/53rd-and-6th...-cart-new-york

Enjoy your trip insha'Allah

NeW yorK

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - NeW yorK

chat Quote

AhmadibnNasroon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I live in NY

My favorite masaajid here include

1) Masjid al Emaan which is on Steinway St. in Astoria Queens

2) Masjid Astoria on 21st and Astoria Blvd

3) Masjid al Farooq which is on Atlantive Avenue in Downtown Bklyn

Loads of Halal restaurants. I suggest you pay a visit to Jackson Heights in Queens for great desi food, then you have the famous Yemeni cafe which is in Downtown Bklyn but its a big expensive there.

I dont have the exact addresses for these places but i'll try to find them for u inshaAllah
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

NY here but not NYC. Maybe bout an hr and a half or so away. Unfortunately I can't tell u anything LOL. I myself don't go out a lot...:/ So yea I'd listen up from sis skye and bro Ahmad :P Anyway NYC would be the best to check out as far as I know. NYC is congested lol but has some cool places.
    NeW yorK

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post

Where in NY will you be? if NYC

I don't have a clue to be honest,

I love chinese, but what is chinese with indian flavours lol,

this is what I meant by dodgy halal, these lot haven't even bothered with a halal sign anywhere on the menu's nd they sell alcohol

but jazakhAllah khair

btw are any of these restuarents owned by muslims?
    NeW yorK

33 43 1 - NeW yorK
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnNasroon View Post
    I live in NY

My favorite masaajid here include

1) Masjid al Emaan which is on Steinway St. in Astoria Queens

2) Masjid Astoria on 21st and Astoria Blvd

3) Masjid al Farooq which is on Atlantive Avenue in Downtown Bklyn

Loads of Halal restaurants. I suggest you pay a visit to Jackson Heights in Queens for great desi food, then you have the famous Yemeni cafe which is in Downtown Bklyn but its a big expensive there.

I dont have the exact addresses for these places but i'll try to find them for u inshaAllah
    JazakhAllah khair akhi
    NeW yorK

33 43 1 - NeW yorK
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have a friend who lives in NYC. If you want, I can contact him for you to get some info. But if you are going to Buffalo, NY, maybe I can hop the border to meet you
    NeW yorK

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm going to New York in February. Apparantly it is incredibly cold in Winter, but I reckon that is part of the experience. It's weather is more extreme than London: colder in Winter, hotter in Summer. Nevertheless, I cannot wait to experience the Big Apple- however, whether or not it is better than London, I shall soon see! I'm going to be visiting the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Wall Street and a few of the cathedrals there to name but a few.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aah new york.. that would be such a cool shopping holiday!
    have a great time InshaAllah
    NeW yorK

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post

I don't have a clue to be honest,

I love chinese, but what is chinese with indian flavours lol,

this is what I meant by dodgy halal, these lot haven't even bothered with a halal sign anywhere on the menu's nd they sell alcohol

but jazakhAllah khair

btw are any of these restuarents owned by muslims?
    chinese mirch doesn't selll alcohol, they are under certified Halal. there used to be an originally chinese convert on 19th st. but unfortunately he couldn't thrive for very long.. folks really love their pigs so I can't imagine chinese doing well without some shady ingredients... Chinese mirch is actually quite good..

there is always the Halal cart or you can simply stay away from NYC the further away you go the more ethnic minorities with their massive cuisine as stated before I simply just don't eat out, and if I do, it is usually from a store like Panera where I can get a bagel with asiago cheese and a cup o joe!

NeW yorK

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can always check out the gyro stands! lol
    NeW yorK

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    I have a friend who lives in NYC. If you want, I can contact him for you to get some info. But if you are going to Buffalo, NY, maybe I can hop the border to meet you
    Aslaamu alaaykum
    LOL theres a town called Buffalo? :\..

MashaAllaah lucky brother Aadil, hope you have an awesome time in geeky New York..the only thing i know about New York City is the streets are really busy lol and i dont even know if thats true LOL...anyways Have fun Brother..

Wa alaaykum Salaam
    NeW yorK

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslaamu alaaykum....^Oooh and also another IMPORTANT thing i just brought to mind is that , in New York they have Yellow taxis ...
    Basically so you dont feel lost, and you know that your in New York and another city,country, county etc..so dont forget!
    Thank you

So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam
    NeW yorK

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    AhmadibnNasroon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven View Post
    NY here but not NYC. Maybe bout an hr and a half or so away. Unfortunately I can't tell u anything LOL. I myself don't go out a lot...:/ So yea I'd listen up from sis skye and bro Ahmad :P Anyway NYC would be the best to check out as far as I know. NYC is congested lol but has some cool places.
    the only good gyro stand that exists now is 53rd and 6th in Manhattan

There is a really good Thai restaurant on 88th st and Atlantic Avenue in Queens! Called Sagunya Halal...its delicious.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeaaa all the rest really startin to stank :s Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out when next there inshaAllah.
    Neva had thai food btw!
    NeW yorK

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is also a very good affordable vegetarian restaurant in W 4th. Their mock fried chicken nuggets are even better than the real ones. It is that good!
    It is next to a turkish place who sell bread and desserts. I can't remember the name though. I haven't been to NY since 2004.
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AssalamuAlaykum

Masha'Allah I hope you enjoy your stay akhee.

Go to Manhattan insha'Allah and grab a gyro from the place that the bro said ^^ (why are streets numbered in America, its confuzzling) I didnt even know what a gyro was before going to America. I didnt really do much when I went, weekdays I enjoyed the sun and visited family and weekends went to seminar. But manhattan is awesome, its one of them places you cant really capture on camera, you just have to be there. See if you can find the statue of the bull!

Wassalam.
    NeW yorK

s a b r
    chat Quote

Mohamed_Sadiq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Watch yourself in the Airport before they suspect you from terrorism these people can't seemed to leave us alone!!

>>> HAVE A NICE TRIP AND TAKE SOME PICTURES FROM GROUND ZERO WHERE THE TWIN TOWERS WERE AT.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslaamu alaaaykum
    ^Lol bro i dont think the Brothers really that Nerdy he would take picture of an empty space i.e. emptyGROUND!!!...

And them people are likely to pick you if you have a beard, Hijaabetc. .and also lol if you dont have an angry face :\ ha again i think. . .
    Im sure nobody has been picked and obviously nobody wants to get picked so yeah Indeed. . .

Wa alaaykum Salaam
    NeW yorK

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! NeW yorK Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. NeW yorK