× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 40 visibility 5375

Phoney people

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Phoney people

Report bad ads?

i've been wondering something...with people, you can usually tell what type of people they are thorugh thier character and traits...whether we realise it or not, we always give off vibes and these vibes can be an indicator of who we are.

to expand: a lying person can lie through their teeth, but eventually -no matter how good the person is at lying-people come to know the true self of that person becuase without realizing it, they end up contradicting themselves in one way or another and/or somehow "dob" themselves in.

you can usually tell who the sincere and good people are...becuase they do things from their heart and this shows in their actions. and likewise with the not so good and honest person, as i said, eventually this also shows in their actions (or words) as well.

BUT...

can someone get away with their dishonesty...i mean can someone be that good at lying and acting they they go unnoticed can someone truly be that good of an actor? is it possible?
    Phoney people

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Phoney people

I believe the truth always comes out

but I dunno it depends on the reasoning behind their lies, I've lied to protect others and sometimes to prevent a much worser thing, Allah kept those things secret for me. But if you're lying for wrong things then I don't think Allah will let you get away with it, slowly you'll be known to be dishonest and the truth about you will come out, I also believe it shows on your face
    Phoney people

33 43 1 - Phoney people
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

PouringRain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think there are people who are extremely good at deception and may even avoid detection for a very long time (perhaps even a lifetime). Some examples.....

There are pedophiles who are extremely personable and likable people, and the way they operate is subtle, over time, winning the trust of their victim and even the victims family. That person may go an extremely long time without being caught, because their victim (and family) often feels at fault and shares in the blame for whatever happened, because of the trust that was built and that they let this person into their lives and their home.

Another example is some abusive men. There are abusers who are extremely charismatic and charming. To the world they appear to be the best husband/ man, but behind closed doors they are a monster. When they abuse their wife it is done in ways so that the marks are not easily seen, and the manner in which they abuse leaves the victim feeling at fault and to blame for the actions.

Those are just two examples, and obviously not all pedophiles or abusers fit in those profiles. The ones who do are the scariest, because they are so crafty and cunning.... and so likeable to the world. There are other criminal examples out there also.... and probably even more non-criminal examples. Sure, eventually the person may be caught, but not always. There are reasons why state laws for the two examples I gave often change the laws with regard to being able to punish these types of offenders. It is because so many in the past would slip through the system.
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aslaamu Alaaykum. . .
    True,By telling if a person is lying you can sometimes tell by their face but not always. . .
    I have this problem, i laugh whether im lying or even when not lol(Not that i lie anymore Alhamdulilaah), to be put in a position where im asked if i did something or not during face to face conversation is quite funny for me lol, it just gives me the gigles i really dont know why lol

anyways people to prove their not lying usually swear by Allaah, some you may know long enough to what they`re like. And true for some people you can tell by their characters what theyre like, but Allaahu Alam
    On your Q. Allaah will not let the Liar get away Indeed and ive only seen so called "Good" Liars in movies, but people do tend to get away with little lies
    But Again i dont know im sure some people with more knowledge can answer you. . .

I personally think its Impossible to get away, as they may get away in this Dunya but eventually Allaah will judge them by their actions and get what they deserve unless they live by the rules. By Repentence!

Wa Alaaykum Salaam
    Phoney people

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain View Post
    I think there are people who are extremely good at deception and may even avoid detection for a very long time (perhaps even a lifetime). Some examples.....

There are pedophiles who are extremely personable and likable people, and the way they operate is subtle, over time, winning the trust of their victim and even the victims family. That person may go an extremely long time without being caught, because their victim (and family) often feels at fault and shares in the blame for whatever happened, because of the trust that was built and that they let this person into their lives and their home.

Another example is some abusive men. There are abusers who are extremely charismatic and charming. To the world they appear to be the best husband/ man, but behind closed doors they are a monster. When they abuse their wife it is done in ways so that the marks are not easily seen, and the manner in which they abuse leaves the victim feeling at fault and to blame for the actions.

Those are just two examples, and obviously not all pedophiles or abusers fit in those profiles. The ones who do are the scariest, because they are so crafty and cunning.... and so likeable to the world. There are other criminal examples out there also.... and probably even more non-criminal examples. Sure, eventually the person may be caught, but not always. There are reasons why state laws for the two examples I gave often change the laws with regard to being able to punish these types of offenders. It is because so many in the past would slip through the system.
    I agree, these people use their Minds in an evil way for evil things, they will not be successful!
    All Shall be Justified on that day!
    Phoney people

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

a person dose get vibes.. on the other hand, suspicion is from the shayytan also whispering away at us to create war with our brother or sister.

if at anytime a person dose not feel right about something, this is why we have the istikhara prayer.. to take help from our creator in matters that we have no power over. some people try to be some type of fortune teller,''i know this and i know that'' when in fact they know **** sorry

but i believe a person whom is like this have no iman. the prophet (saw) said love for your brother what you would love for yourself.

No one likes to be suspected of being bad in anyway without prove..

and Allah knows best
    Phoney people

ae8iug 1 - Phoney people

wwwislamicboardcom - Phoney people
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are people who have an amoral personality. This means they actually have no concept of remorse or sorrow. It is as if they were born without a soul. They can not be called evil or good. They are neither moral nor immoral, they have no concept of morality and neither feel fear of recourse for their actions nor any concept of simple human feelings. these people are the most difficult to catch in deceit as they have no concept of what deceit is.
    Phoney people

Herman 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can someone get away with their dishonesty...i mean can someone be that good at lying and acting they they go unnoticed can someone truly be that good of an actor? is it possible?
    SubhanAllah! Yes, some people are so good at pulling the wool over your eyes and even the wool ain't a hundred percent pure. I mean it's happened to me. I always think people are telling the truth even when they are not However in this case it's always better to be the victim than the perpetrator. The liars always get caught out sooner or later and they earn Allah's anger. What could be worse
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

subhanAllah Allah helps the believers if we trust on him.
    Phoney people

ae8iug 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan View Post

They can get away with dishonesty but for how long will they be successful?...they will never fail if they're perfect but no one is perfect so they're bound to make a slight mistake which could expose them Allahu3alem
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you will be caught out if you lie all the time because they don't remember what they lied about unless they make themselves believe what they lied is true.
    Phoney people

ae8iug 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

Neelofar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaamz =D
    Unfortunately there are ppl in the world hu lie to benefit themselves (manipulate situations to their own favour) and then there are those who are consecutive liars, who jus lie simply for the sake of lying..may Allah SWT guide them and have mercy on them nd inshallah they themselves will repent and ask for forgivness..ppl may think lying is jus a little sin, a "White lie" but jus fink abwt hu ur decieving =|..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    There are people who have an amoral personality. This means they actually have no concept of remorse or sorrow. It is as if they were born without a soul. They can not be called evil or good. They are neither moral nor immoral, they have no concept of morality and neither feel fear of recourse for their actions nor any concept of simple human feelings. these people are the most difficult to catch in deceit as they have no concept of what deceit is.
    do you like mentally unstable people???
    Phoney people

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Interesting Question what, causes you to think I do from that post?

But to help clarify a person with an amoral personality is not considered mentally unstable nor insane.

I have only met a few I would classify as amoral and I found them to be very despicable, treacherous and dangerous. Often an amoral person they will end up in prison, usually for a violent crime.

I did a bit of research on them in my last career. I am a retired psychologist.
    Phoney people

Herman 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I just noticed I did not answer the specific question you asked me.

All people are individual, I like anybody who tries to serve Allaah(swt), treats others fairly and is honest and sincere. It makes no difference if they are or are not mentally unstable. Mental instability is an illness and nearly always has a physical cause such as diabetes, high fever, endocrine dysfunction etc. I am not going to dislike a person just because they are sick.
    Phoney people

Herman 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

Donia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Would a person with an amoral personality be similar to a sociopath?
    Phoney people

"And hold fast unto Allah, He is your protector, the best to protect and the best to help"

(Quran 22:78)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im sorry woodrow, i meant "do you mean like mentally unstable people." typo...

from your post that i quoted,
    There are people who have an amoral personality. This means they actually have no concept of remorse or sorrow. It is as if they were born without a soul. They can not be called evil or good.They are neither moral nor immoral, they have no concept of morality and neither feel fear of recourse for their actions nor any concept of simple human feelings.these people are the most difficult to catch in deceit as they have no concept of what deceit is.
    there seems parts of it where it could have been referring to/describing an mentally unstable person since they sometimes dont have certain perceptions and/or are unaware of what they are doing.

i didn't know there was a term amoral. i seemed to have completely missed it in your post.
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 05-28-2010 at 04:21 AM.
    Phoney people

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Donia View Post

Would a person with an amoral personality be similar to a sociopath?

An amoral person will be a sociopath, but a sociopath need not be amoral, they can be immoral.
    Phoney people

Herman 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im sorry woodrow, i meant "do you mean like mentally unstable people." typo...

from your post that i quoted,

there seems parts of it where it could have been referring to/describing an mentally unstable person since they sometimes dont have certain perceptions and/or are unaware of what they are doing.

i didn't know there was a term amoral. i seemed to have completely missed it in your post.

amoral is a person who has no morality or immorality. They are without morals. They are mentally stable and are fully aware of what they are doing. They are not aware of any sense of morals and have no concern about other people. Usually treating other people as if they were non-existent or unimportant.
    Phoney people

Herman 1 - Phoney people

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Donia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

An amoral person will be a sociopath, but a sociopath need not be amoral, they can be immoral.
    Interesting. Thank you.

Phoney people

"And hold fast unto Allah, He is your protector, the best to protect and the best to help"

(Quran 22:78)
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Phoney people Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Phoney people