× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1498

Marriage/Death

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Marriage/Death

Report bad ads?

Salam

Is there an Islamic stance on a sudden death before Marriage? Like the death of a beloved grand parent

How can you get married knowing you just lost someone who meant so much to u and was looking forward to see ur wedding day. It just feels so wrong to celebrate...all time stands still. Is it wrong to just call off ur wedding...how ru meant to explain this wit all the preparations the families everything...

Jzk.
    Marriage/Death

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Marriage/Death

I know exactly what you mean sister.. my cousin lost both her parents within six months of each other and in the midst of her wedding preparations .. in fact my aunt Allah yer7mha died around my birthday, it always has such bad memories for me as well (not that I celebrate birthdays) but that I can't forget the event and how painful it was and now a yearly reminder that is sure to stick in memory.. what my cousin did was have a very small wedding and not what was originally planned.. everyone understood.. she looked heartbroken on her wedding pictures la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah.. but she named her first child fatema after my late aunt and that is a blessing to us all..

may Allah swt make your affairs easy for you insha'Allah..

Marriage/Death

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Marriage/Death

chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

have a very very small wedding with only close family and friends and delay it a little...just until you feel that your grief (and guilt of having a wedding at an odd timing) has reduced/passed a little.
    Marriage/Death

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Your grieving could possibly take months until you fully recover and everybody is different when it comes to grief and we grieve in different ways. thats entirely up to you whether you want to delay the marriage or not.
    only you know whether you will be up for it or not
    Marriage/Death

ae8iug 1 - Marriage/Death

wwwislamicboardcom - Marriage/Death
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Marriage/Death Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Marriage/Death