× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 91 visibility 10843

women

Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

women

Report bad ads?

can women be leaders in islam? Leaders of a country?
    women

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: women

You mean as a Khalifa? Or a leader of Army? I doubt they can be for that, at least in Islam ....

Rest is up for discussion such as Minister of Justice or Minister of Health ...
    women

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

Masuma's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    kutsalgizemler.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Sister, women can't be head of state. And the logical reason is given here! mashAllah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La-B_tLlzYo
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry to say sister. that is no logic. And plus he is not a scholar.

@science

no not leading an army, as in leading a country with the team behind her. I see no problems with this. And I want to know more.
    women

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106 View Post
    no not leading an army, as in leading a country with the team behind her. I see no problems with this. And I want to know more.

When the Prophet heard that the Persians had appointed the daughter of Chosroes as their queen, he said, “No people who appoint a woman as their leader will ever prosper.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 13/53).

women

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's better if a man leads a country.
    women

Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided. (6:86)

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve. (10:62)
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

women cant run a country and theres many hadiths to prove it.
    women

ae8iug 1 - women

wwwislamicboardcom - women
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry to say sister. that is no logic. And plus he is not a scholar.

@science

all right, you are the most logical person here.
    women

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No Cat there is only one (the above that was posted) suggesting why women cannot lead a country.

why cant she lead a country?

I mean didnt the prophet wives taught Islam to their societies. isnt that like being a leader?

And isnt this sexist? sorry to sound negative but i see no logic in this at all. I am not trying to be negative or even critical of Islam.

how close can a woman be to lead a country?

visa president, president?
    Last edited by Rhubarb Tart; 06-26-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    women

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    all right, you are the most logical person here.
    Sarcasm really suits you, you know that?
    women

chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The leader of a country will obviously need to travel quite much. It's hard for a woman to always ask her husband to travel with her especially when a man has financial responsibilities and has to provide for the family. His work will be pretty much interrupted.

He'll also have to devote himself for his work and his country. We have families to take care of.

Also making alot of important decision like about war etc. These are not easy, you'll have to share your time between your children and husband and these meetings and conferences. It's much easier for a lady to be a minister or someone who can have an impact.
    women

Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided. (6:86)

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve. (10:62)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The man leader would also have to spare time for his wife and children....

The husband can travel with her as well as the children and he can also have his job based on the government. He can earn whilst travelling.

And the decisions of wars get an easier with men does it? Not to mention she had a whole team behind her, scholars and other expert that would assist her to make important decisions.
    women

chat Quote

brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I mean didnt the prophet wives taught Islam to their societies. isnt that like being a leader?
    No, not at all. The men came and asked the wives of the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them) Islamic matters from behind a screen, in accordance with Surah al-Ahzab, ayah 53.
    women

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sarcasm really suits you, you know that?
    Did you know that I speak sarcasm as my second language? In addition I am fluent in few other languages as well.
    women

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Even if it was behind a screen, the men based their decision on what the wives have said right?

So that is still like leading a country. :/

Arggh my internet is slow!
    women

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
    Did you know that I speak sarcasm as my second language? In addition I am fluent in few other languages as well.
    good for you. Mashallah
    women

chat Quote

brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, it is not, because the men came to the wives while they were in their homes. If someone comes to me at home and asks me a question on an Islamic matter (say, one that I have some knowledge of) , how on earth is that like me leading a country?

Apart from the above hadeeth, all the Islamic scholars are unanimous that a woman cannot be a leader.
    women

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Even if it was behind a screen, the men based their decision on what the wives have said right?

Arggh my internet is slow!
    I do not think I'd want to be ruled by a woman who orders from behind the veil. Neither by one who orders without a veil. Id want to not be ruled by anyone at all. Each must be his/her own leader.

I'd reckon those sahaaba sought advice of Prophet's wives in matters in which they were not sure what were the commandments so they seeked facts from the wives (ra).

Ayesha (ra) led the army against Ali (ra). She later repented from this mistake of hers. The fact that she repented shows that even she knew that Islam did not give that leeway to women on battlefield. But again, those men on battlefield were courageous. Muslim men today are not even a quarter of them.
    Last edited by CosmicPathos; 06-26-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    women

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The man leader would also have to spare time for his wife and children....

The husband can travel with her as well as the children and he can also have his job based on the government. He can earn whilst travelling.

And the decisions of wars get an easier with men does it? Not to mention she had a whole team behind her, scholars and other expert that would assist her to make important decisions.
    Sis, what if she's lying on a hospital trolley giving birth lol as we get attacked? Worse she may end up having quads lol! What if she has to have a c-sec? Or she takes so much gas and air she goes a bit mental and gives orders that could ruin the country lol? What if she gets post-natal depression? Not forgetting the regular hormonal hurricane lol. I mean there's many things which can affect a woman's ability to think straight. And she can't be mum and wife and be running a country. It feels like that running a home anyway, and that is testing for most of us lol. We are emotional creatures, even when we are not emotional lol. :\ anyway hope you get the pic sis
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But that is a battlefield. Leaders are hardly ever in a battlefield these days.

But these men based their decision on what these wives have said. do you think leader go to each and one individuals of their countries and order them to do whatever? No, leaders tell a group of people the rules. And the wives were not clarifying the rules set by the prophet (pbuh)? which is what a leader in a Muslim country would do, as they make decision and clarify and justify their rules accordance to Islam.

I want to know the extent and involvement a woman can make in her own country? I think Muslim countries would benefit from women's impact. Some of people would probably follow Islam rather than culture (i.e. forced marriage and domestic violence).

Anyways I need my earlier questions answered can a woman become a visa president or to what extent she can became close to leadership?
    Last edited by Rhubarb Tart; 06-26-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    women

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! women Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. women