× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 32 visibility 3543

How did islam reched us?

Insecured soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How did islam reched us?

Report bad ads?

salaam alaikum

how do u think islam reached u?

my dad told me that his great great grandfather came from afganistan and they were already muslim and they settled here, thats the only thing we know

i was wondering, it would have been so nice if we would knew when and how our ancestor became muslim
    How did islam reched us?

Oh lord make my best deeds the last deeds
    Oh lord make my best day the last day (aakhirah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How did islam reched us?

Salam alaykum;

My ancestors weren´t muslims but christians. I am first from my family who is muslim.
    How did islam reched us?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

Muslimeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As far as I know my forefathers were from Saudi Arabia. They settled in india approximately 4 - 5 centuries ago. We have a family tree that starts at that point. I would love to know the family tree in arabia and if we were linked to any prominent Sahaba (Ra).
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    Salam alaykum;

My ancestors weren´t muslims but christians. I am first from my family who is muslim.
    Alhamdolillah
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen View Post
    As far as I know my forefathers were from Saudi Arabia. They settled in india approximately 4 - 5 centuries ago. We have a family tree that starts at that point. I would love to know the family tree in arabia and if we were linked to any prominent Sahaba (Ra).
    I guess we all would be happy if we are linked to any prominent sahaba it wud be something to be happy about but we dont know much about our ancestry,

iv met a lot of people who call themselves sayyed and claim that they are frm the lineage of prophet muhammed pbuh but iv hardly seen them praying, they infact leave fard salaat

they think they are above the muslim ummah, which i know is completely wrong, what do u say to these guys to help them have a clear image of islam??
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How do you tell if their sayyed or not? how do you know they're not just making it up for 'izza and respect?
    How did islam reched us?

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
    How do you tell if their sayyed or not? how do you know they're not just making it up for 'izza and respect?
    yeah u can never tell and i think if one is really sayyid then they woudnt go about boasting it so much

and allah knows best
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm not sure how Islam reached my ancestors, I do know we used to be indian's, from the Rajput Cast or something. And when they became Muslim's they imported many of the traditions for example hindu/sikh wedding traditions are still done at muslim weddings.
    How did islam reched us?

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Quite a number of our members are reverts and the First Muslims in their families. My ancient ancestors were Muslim but like most Muslims in the Baltic Region where forced into Christianity after being over run by the Catholics after in the Northern Crusades. I am one of the few in my family who reverted back to Islam. Strangely it was not until after I reverted I learned of the Islamic background of my ancestors in the forgotten past.

But since then I learned I came from both the Golden and white Tatar hordes and going in both directions my ancestors come from the People of Mongolia and ancient Macedonia. Originaly they were not Muslim but were Pagan and Quite brutal conquerers. It was after they conquered India the came in contact with Muslims and during their attempts to conquer the Arabian Peninsula that found Islam and became peaceful. Oddly, if it was not for Islam, the people of the UK may have ended up with brownish skin and speaking Mongolian. While history books say they were stopped by Prince Vlad, I personally believe it was because they became peaceful and gave up their barbaric ways.
    How did islam reched us?

Herman 1 - How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Brasco's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله

الحمد الله

I'm a Kurdish guy and I used to live in Iraq. As all (of the very ancient) Kurds, my ancient ancestors were Zoroastrians. However the Sword of Allah, Khalid ibn al Walid - may Allah be pleased with him - conquered Iraq - Alhamdulillah!! So Iraq was under the rule of Islam and many Kurds began to convert to Islam - Alhamdulillah - and I guess my ancestors were amongst those - Alhamdulillah! And today the majority of the Kurds in Iraq are Muslims and as far as I know, no one in my family belongs and belonged to any other religion plus always been Sunni - alhamdulillah!
    chat Quote

Muslimeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul View Post
    yeah u can never tell and i think if one is really sayyid then they woudnt go about boasting it so much

and allah knows best
    I think you are right on this, I know of an Alim, in fact three of them, who are brothers, I have heard from prominent ulema that they are sayyids, very learned alims all of them, they never speak about their lineage, you always here it from other people. The one brother, my allah grant him jannah ameen, passed away in the masjid on Jumuah whilst giving the Khutbah on the mimbar.
    chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am an Indonesian of Javanese ethnicity (on the island of Java).
    I can trace back my paternal lineage all the way to around 1200s (we have family tree, "silseelah") through the kings of Mataram kingdom to Demak kingdom, and Majapahit kingdom. The Majapajit kingdom was hindu, while Demak kingdom was started by a majapahit prince who converted from Hindu to Islam. the demak kingdom flourished which weakened the majapahit kingdom and then finally the majapahit royals gave up on their kingdom and moved to the island of Bali (which remained hindu until now).

As far as I know (from what I learned in school), islam came to Indonesia (through the island of Sumatra) by way of traders from Gujarat (india) and Yemen. All Indonesian natives who converted to Islam definitely did it through peaceful ways (marriages, syiar, etc), until the dutch came and started to christianize (especially eastern indonesia) through colonization.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
    I'm not sure how Islam reached my ancestors, I do know we used to be indian's, from the Rajput Cast or something. And when they became Muslim's they imported many of the traditions for example hindu/sikh wedding traditions are still done at muslim weddings.
    i see, can u tell us what are those wedding traditions are?
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Quite a number of our members are reverts and the First Muslims in their families. My ancient ancestors were Muslim but like most Muslims in the Baltic Region where forced into Christianity after being over run by the Catholics after in the Northern Crusades. I am one of the few in my family who reverted back to Islam. Strangely it was not until after I reverted I learned of the Islamic background of my ancestors in the forgotten past.

But since then I learned I came from both the Golden and white Tatar hordes and going in both directions my ancestors come from the People of Mongolia and ancient Macedonia. Originaly they were not Muslim but were Pagan and Quite brutal conquerers. It was after they conquered India the came in contact with Muslims and during their attempts to conquer the Arabian Peninsula that found Islam and became peaceful. Oddly, if it was not for Islam, the people of the UK may have ended up with brownish skin and speaking Mongolian. While history books say they were stopped by Prince Vlad, I personally believe it was because they became peaceful and gave up their barbaric ways.
    thats a quite history brother , may allah keep urs and our(s) future generation on islam insha allah
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله

الحمد الله

I'm a Kurdish guy and I used to live in Iraq. As all (of the very ancient) Kurds, my ancient ancestors were Zoroastrians. However the Sword of Allah, Khalid ibn al Walid - may Allah be pleased with him - conquered Iraq - Alhamdulillah!! So Iraq was under the rule of Islam and many Kurds began to convert to Islam - Alhamdulillah - and I guess my ancestors were amongst those - Alhamdulillah! And today the majority of the Kurds in Iraq are Muslims and as far as I know, no one in my family belongs and belonged to any other religion plus always been Sunni - alhamdulillah!
    i see, talking about kurdish people, i recently saw a documentary iraq in fragments by the end of the doc they showed a kurdish guy who was a muslim, he was in his late 60's and he said something which i didnt like at all, he said whoever wins in fight (be it any kind of fight) god is always on the side of the winner. he was referring to the americans waging / winning wars agains muslims in afganistan/ iraq .... etc

i think he didnt understood the message of islam, i.e for islam sometimes u have to give up life and winning a battle in dunya is not everything

im not criticizing u or ur ethnic background but just trying to say that many of the muslims have forgotten the real message of islam, i.e. stay on tawheed and fight fisabililah and worry about aakhirah and not dunya
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen View Post
    I think you are right on this, I know of an Alim, in fact three of them, who are brothers, I have heard from prominent ulema that they are sayyids, very learned alims all of them, they never speak about their lineage, you always here it from other people. The one brother, my allah grant him jannah ameen, passed away in the masjid on Jumuah whilst giving the Khutbah on the mimbar.

absolutely, people who are god fearing they dont ever boast for anything, they are humble in front of allah and his creation
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar View Post
    I am an Indonesian of Javanese ethnicity (on the island of Java).
    I can trace back my paternal lineage all the way to around 1200s (we have family tree, "silseelah") through the kings of Mataram kingdom to Demak kingdom, and Majapahit kingdom. The Majapajit kingdom was hindu, while Demak kingdom was started by a majapahit prince who converted from Hindu to Islam. the demak kingdom flourished which weakened the majapahit kingdom and then finally the majapahit royals gave up on their kingdom and moved to the island of Bali (which remained hindu until now).

As far as I know (from what I learned in school), islam came to Indonesia (through the island of Sumatra) by way of traders from Gujarat (india) and Yemen. All Indonesian natives who converted to Islam definitely did it through peaceful ways (marriages, syiar, etc), until the dutch came and started to christianize (especially eastern indonesia) through colonization.
    alhamdolillah and now i guess indonesia has a huge muslim population..
    How did islam reched us?

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul View Post
    alhamdolillah and now i guess indonesia has a huge muslim population..
    Indonesia does have the largest muslim population than any other countries (around 87% of Indonesia's 250 millions citizens are muslims), however, many still inherit Islam which is tainted hinduism/buddhism beliefs which is borderline shirk if not outright shirk.
    In addition, "westernization" and secularization are creeping in the big cities and towns.
    Alhamdulillah, many many Islamic organizations are working very hard in da'wah and to bring society more into Islam
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

Salaam alaykum

Interesting. People in Finland are also from same direction than you. Even partly. All my Asian friends say I have Asian face and most of them think I am from Central Asia.
    How did islam reched us?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    Salaam alaykum

Interesting. People in Finland are also from same direction than you. Even partly. All my Asian friends say I have Asian face and most of them think I am from Central Asia.
    Assalamu' alaikum.

Some people in some forums said if Finns people are Mongoloid. Is it right ?.

Few years ago I meet a Finn woman, but she looked like Caucasian who tall and blonde. Also, although I never meet other Finn people I have seen many photos of rally drivers, and some F1 drivers from Finland. But, they didn't look like Mongoloid.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! How did islam reched us? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How did islam reched us?