× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 21792

Can someone plz give me the exact quote of the ayat about rulers?

Bintulislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Can someone plz give me the exact quote of the ayat about rulers?

Report bad ads?

Assalamu-alaikum!!

I need the exact words from Quran where it states that "people will have Rulers as they themselves would be" ASAP.I need to post it on my blog.

w/salaam.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Can someone plz give me the exact quote of the ayat about rulers?

Asalaam O Alaikum brother... see actually there is no direct reference to such Punishment in the Quran.... however a Verse mentioned in the Quran explains that Allah (swt) does not change the condition of such people who do not change themselves... and so unless He does not see the people of a nation having any good in them, he does not change their condition and give them good rulers... for example...

(Al Quran 13:11) "Verily, God does not change the state of a People until they change themselves."

The Prophet (saw) said that The Angels brings the deeds of men up to God, may He be Exalted, and that God asks them "In what state did you leave my servants ?" They Reply "We left them while they were praying, and we came to them while they were praying." (Mishkat, Bukhari, Nisai)

The words of Quran where Allah relates the change in people according to their actions has 2 meanings. One that Allah (Swt) does not change the condition of a nation and make them wretched until they themselves move away from the path of God and become misguided or choose misguided path over guided path.

2nd meaning is that Allah (swt) does NOT change the condition of a people who are sinners and bless them unless they themselves choose the guided path and become worthy of being blessed.

So in Words of Prophet Muhammad (Saw) when the Angels of the Day and Night who spent time on earth and bring back the deeds of a nation to Allah (swt), He decides based on their doings , whether good or bad that should they be blessed or they still need some more time or should be punished severely. In case of them being given a bad ruler, they are given by Allah (Swt) such sinner to rule over them, as a punishment so that they repent, mend their ways and Allah blesses them with good leaders.

Sorry if i didnt give you what you were looking for....
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam sis

u may visit this link

Corrupt Leaders
    According to Quran and Sunnah
    Can someone plz give me the exact quote of the ayat about rulers?

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Hiroshi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Bintulislam View Post
    Assalamu-alaikum!!

I need the exact words from Quran where it states that "people will have Rulers as they themselves would be" ASAP.I need to post it on my blog.

w/salaam.
    This link:

http://muttaqun.com/corruptleaders.html

has this quote:

Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said:
    "This is why those who are in authority are of two groups: the scholars and the rulers. If they are upright, the people will be upright; if they are corrupt, the people will be corrupt."

(Though not from the Qur'an, I'm afraid.)

Whoa! someone else got there already. Never mind.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ژاله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i cant think of such a verse in the Quran at the moment but theres an arabic proverb close to your statement,(actually the opposite of it:/) but anyway, thought you might be interested..
    الناس على دين ملوكهم
    i.e people follow the path of their rulers.
    theres a similar hindi proverb as well. jesa raja wesi prja, but i should rather stop spamming.
    sorry if my post did no help.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z View Post
    Asalaam O Alaikum brother... see actually there is no direct reference to such Punishment in the Quran.... however a Verse mentioned in the Quran explains that Allah (swt) does not change the condition of such people who do not change themselves... and so unless He does not see the people of a nation having any good in them, he does not change their condition and give them good rulers... for example...

(Al Quran 13:11) "Verily, God does not change the state of a People until they change themselves."

The Prophet (saw) said that The Angels brings the deeds of men up to God, may He be Exalted, and that God asks them "In what state did you leave my servants ?" They Reply "We left them while they were praying, and we came to them while they were praying." (Mishkat, Bukhari, Nisai)

The words of Quran where Allah relates the change in people according to their actions has 2 meanings. One that Allah (Swt) does not change the condition of a nation and make them wretched until they themselves move away from the path of God and become misguided or choose misguided path over guided path.

2nd meaning is that Allah (swt) does NOT change the condition of a people who are sinners and bless them unless they themselves choose the guided path and become worthy of being blessed.

So in Words of Prophet Muhammad (Saw) when the Angels of the Day and Night who spent time on earth and bring back the deeds of a nation to Allah (swt), He decides based on their doings , whether good or bad that should they be blessed or they still need some more time or should be punished severely. In case of them being given a bad ruler, they are given by Allah (Swt) such sinner to rule over them, as a punishment so that they repent, mend their ways and Allah blesses them with good leaders.

Sorry if i didnt give you what you were looking for....
    JazakAllah khairun
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak View Post
    i cant think of such a verse in the Quran at the moment but theres an arabic proverb close to your statement,(actually the opposite of it:/) but anyway, thought you might be interested..
    الناس على دين ملوكهم
    i.e people follow the path of their rulers.
    theres a similar hindi proverb as well. jesa raja wesi prja, but i should rather stop spamming.
    sorry if my post did no help.
    JazakAllah Khairun
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post
    Salaam sis

u may visit this link

Corrupt Leaders
    According to Quran and Sunnah

Wa-Alaikum-As-Salaam!

And Jazak Allah Sister!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi View Post
    This link:

http://muttaqun.com/corruptleaders.html

has this quote:

Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said:
    "This is why those who are in authority are of two groups: the scholars and the rulers. If they are upright, the people will be upright; if they are corrupt, the people will be corrupt."

(Though not from the Qur'an, I'm afraid.)

Whoa! someone else got there already. Never mind.
    I think its a Hadith which says this..but I am not sure too.
    Never mind Jazak allah for help.s
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! Can someone plz give me the exact quote of the ayat about rulers? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Can someone plz give me the exact quote of the ayat about rulers?