× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 76 visibility 10535

Homosexuality

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Homosexuality

Report bad ads?

Well to stop the other thread "rip" from going too far off topic there is a new discussion about homosexuality here. So people's views?

All I can say is that I believe it's something can't be helped, that for some reason certain people have traits of the opposite sex and this leads to homosexuality. I have gay friends and they are lovely people. Has anyone against homosexuality come into contact with many gay people?

Also I would love to hear opinions of all different religions.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Dan-fish's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Homosexuality

I know this is quite rude. but i just generally feel a bit uncomfortable around gay people.
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

even if your a darwinistic atheist, homos do the exact opposite of what survival of the fittest dictates. at least social acceptance of homosexuality will protect deserving sisters from marrying men with such tendencies

personally i think most homos are just unaware they are straight, you can rip me apart for that statement but thats just what i think.
    Homosexuality

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    Well to stop the other thread "rip" from going too far off topic there is a new discussion about homosexuality here. So people's views?

All I can say is that I believe it's something can't be helped, that for some reason certain people have traits of the opposite sex and this leads to homosexuality. I have gay friends and they are lovely people. Has anyone against homosexuality come into contact with many gay people?

Many years ago I had 2 homosexual foster teenage sons living with us. Both took different paths. One chose the life of living a homosexual life style. the other sought ways to channal his desires into constructive endeavors. The one died at a young age in the home of his wusband or hife. The other never did marry but he avoided the gay life style. It has been over 20 years since I last saw him, but from I hear he is living a very good life and upholds very strong moral standards. I can not say if he is happy or sad, but it does seem he is avoiding the temptation to enter into any homosexual relationship.

I have found several cause for homosexuality and do agree that there is a genetic predisposistion for some people. However, this is a nature/nurture issue. It takes both the predisposition and the desire to cause a person to live a homosexual life style. I will agree it is difficult, but all of us are the ones ultimately responsible for the sexual life style we live.
    Homosexuality

Herman 1 - Homosexuality

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam forbids it, but personally i dont have a problem with gay people, i mean its not like anyone would stop being gay, on the basis of religion ? I know a couple and there nice people, these are non muslim. However i also live in a pakistani community and to be honest most of the older guys who are married with kids/grandkids, in their 40s+ now seem to be batting for the other side, i feel sorry for their wives, cos stuff like this always ends up coming out. Also an old school, friend of mine, used to know a muslim guy who was quite openly gay and apparently his parents were ok with it ? so maybe people are getting more tolerant ova it ? esp muslims. A couple of years back i remember a youn lad in the community getin married to his partner. his parents had to be ok with it.
    chat Quote

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

People may feel uncomfortable with the idea, I find lesbianism harder to feel comfortable with than men who are gay. I think that's because I'm a woman and men probably feel the same way vice versa.

Woodrow- I agree there are people who just say "no" and ignore their feelings. It would be hard for a gay person to do that if they have no particular religious convictions and just want to be happy.
    chat Quote

MEG's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree that it can't be helped. Gay men make great friends as they tend to be very sociable, but I don't approve of gay marriage/relationships (it defies pro-creation and unity between husband/wife). My gay step brother said that there's some religious club for chaste gay men
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It seems that it's mostly women who like to campaign for gay rights etc. I think they have this urge to find a 'caring, compassionate male friend' who won't betray them.

These women usually wouldn't mind undressing in front of gays either.
    | Likes Cabdullahi liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

I have no objection to homosexual people. I've known a few gay people, and have found them to be rather ordinary in the way that most of us are; one exception was a person at school who is probably one of the top five most hilarious people I've ever met. Some of my favourite artists, musicians and writers are or were gay.

I can't really comment on "the gay lifestyle" in the way that some others have, because there are many different behaviour patterns for people who are gay, just as there are for straight people. Some people are sexually profligate and others are celibate, and you'll find people of all persuasions at all points in between. Similarly, sometimes it is screamingly obvious that a person is gay, but sometimes there is no way of telling from a person's public behaviour.

The fact that someone is gay doesn't really tell you anything about whether they are a good person or not.

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92 View Post
    even if your a darwinistic atheist, homos do the exact opposite of what survival of the fittest dictates.
    I am a Darwinistic atheist and I don't see the problem here. There are lots of activities that don't lead to reproduction of the species. Also, call me rash, but I don't see our species dying out any time soon as a result of too few people having heterosexual intercourse.

Peace
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

People may feel uncomfortable with the idea, I find lesbianism harder to feel comfortable with than men who are gay. I think that's because I'm a woman and men probably feel the same way vice versa.

Woodrow- I agree there are people who just say "no" and ignore their feelings. It would be hard for a gay person to do that if they have no particular religious convictions and just want to be happy.
    Yes it would be very difficult if not impossible for a gay person to just say "NO" if they had no religious convictions. I personally feel it is only the mercy of Allaah(swt) and praying for strength that would enable a gay person to say "NO" to the gay life style.
    Homosexuality

Herman 1 - Homosexuality

chat Quote

marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry to give the following shocking example, but it's really how I see things here :

You all know know how the digestive system works : we enter food in our mouth, then it's digested in the stomach, and finally wastes are expelled trough the bottom orifice.
    Can you imagine doing the the same digestive process but, in the opposite way i.e : you enter food from your bottom and then you take out excrements through your mouth : Yes some people can live with that and may also like to do it but, it's not sane, it's not normal, and it makes you look bad in front of normal people.

That's how I see homosexuality. I ask God to guide these people.
    | Likes Cabdullahi liked this post
    Homosexuality

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by distressed View Post
    Islam forbids it, but personally i dont have a problem with gay people, i mean its not like anyone would stop being gay, on the basis of religion ? I know a couple and there nice people, these are non muslim. However i also live in a pakistani community and to be honest most of the older guys who are married with kids/grandkids, in their 40s+ now seem to be batting for the other side, i feel sorry for their wives, cos stuff like this always ends up coming out. Also an old school, friend of mine, used to know a muslim guy who was quite openly gay and apparently his parents were ok with it ? so maybe people are getting more tolerant ova it ? esp muslims. A couple of years back i remember a youn lad in the community getin married to his partner. his parents had to be ok with it.
    I don't know what kind of muslim community you live in, where practicing sodomy is seen as acceptable, paki communities have lost the plost - majority of them are very far from islam, the nutcase paki mullahs who initiate the homo marriages have commited kufr.... (im paki btw)

and maybe you aren't aware that tolerating homo's is one thing but accepting homosexuality as 'ok' or permissable will make you a kaffir
    Homosexuality

33 43 1 - Homosexuality
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As i mentioned in the other thread, its wrong and not something that is normal. Nope i dont think ive ever met anyone whos gay or whatever, and i really would be terrified to ever meet anyone like that. The thought is just shocking.

Actually it can be helped by controlling ones desires, and as have many posters mentioned its not normal, thats true, its not normal because God didnt create us that way, thats why Allaah tells us he created us in pairs i.e. male and female.
    Homosexuality

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by distressed View Post
    As a muslim it should concern all, im sure you`ve read the story of LUTT as? InshaAllaah, if you read it, those people commited sin a huge sin, they were punished for commiting acts that werent humane. Being nice and not nice doesnt justify whether its correct to be one. And May Allaah guide those men you mentioned that are married,its ruining there future and their wife and kids future and life alltogether. SubhaanAllaah
    Last edited by Ğħαrєєвαħ; 09-15-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    Homosexuality

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have several friends both male and female that are either gay or bisexual. Personally I don't have an issue with it. I can not place judgement on these people either. I have my own sins to contend with.
    chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post

I am a Darwinistic atheist and I don't see the problem here. There are lots of activities that don't lead to reproduction of the species. Also, call me rash, but I don't see our species dying out any time soon as a result of too few people having heterosexual intercourse.

Peace
    i never said the second half of ur statement. most cases when sexual intercourse isnt taking place is due to illness or some psychological problems, like impotence, depression.
    Homosexuality

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah i know a gay, he use to babysit me when i was little, he was normal guy dating girls etc and he loved kids but as he grew older he got involved with some junkies and they turned him a bit gay to be honest,

i believe they influenced him in to it, now he dresses like a woman even, hes not the same person he was, hes totally changed. i don't believe this is something a person is born with, its the influence of the perverted society we live in to indulge in lesbianism etc.

i had a lesbian manager too at work and she was very open about it. i don't judge that guy whom i now know is gay, he still says hello to me when he sees me but its hard for me to even look at him with that belly top he wears and pink trousers... whilst my sister was walking with me, she did laugh pretty hard and he looked upset, i think the poor guy is lost i think, i think most of them are because of this effed up society

Yes they are humans and yes they are nice but that does not mean im going to agree with there lifestyle and never will.
    Homosexuality

ae8iug 1 - Homosexuality

wwwislamicboardcom - Homosexuality
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by tango92 View Post
    i never said the second half of ur statement.
    That's a response to a direct implication of your words. Otherwise what point were you actually making?

As I seem to have misunderstood, could you perhaps explain why you think homosexuality is a problem in the light of Darwinian natural selection?

Peace
    Last edited by czgibson; 09-14-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    i think the poor guy is lost i think, i think most of them are because of this effed up society

Yes they are humans and yes they are nice but that does not mean im going to agree with there lifestyle and never will.
    key point there, when people are lost/depressed they start experimenting with different things to get some happiness, some try different drugs others become gay and try it with men or with children...

disgustin world this is
    Homosexuality

33 43 1 - Homosexuality
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

That's a response to a direct implication of your words. Otherwise what point were you actually making?

As I seem to have misunderstood, could you perhaps explain why you think homosexuality is a problem in the light of Darwinian natural selection?

Peace
    'nature' doesn't allow for futile cycles especially in complex organisms. If we were strict naturalists homosexuality would be the end of the line, there would be no further propagation of the specie, there would be no 'survival of the fittest' there would simply be an end point (period)-- the whole point would indeed be about reproduction (what other point can there be) when the 'meta needs' are meta physical?

all the best

p.s don't we have a zillion homosexuality thread.. shouldn't people simply do a basic search instead of this crap again?

| Likes ba51th liked this post
    Homosexuality

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Homosexuality

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Homosexuality Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Homosexuality