× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1578

Salam alaykum

Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

Report bad ads?

I am 21 years old and I converted to islam a month ago. I live with my grandmother. My family are all non-muslim. I don't like television and when it's on it drives me nuts. I am still learning how to pray and I am having trouble remembering how to do it, what to say and what it means. It's been a month now and I'm still not getting it.

I also like fruit. My favourite fruit is pomegranate but it's so messy that I rarely eat it.

Sometimes I feel so inferior about Allah that I can't even bring myself to communicate with Him because I feel so small and undeserving of any good he has given me. Since I said my shahada I haven't been a good muslim and have gained so many sins since and next to no good deeds. *sigh* I feel depressed. And I'm so lazy and unmotivated.

I wish I could move away and start afresh with no distractions under the guidance of someone who knows islam inside out.

2. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Salam alaykum

Wa alaykum salam sister,

Welcome. Try and take one step at a time.

We all sin. Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam (peace be upon him) has said the best of sinners is the one who repents. Allah has created us a nation of sinners. Use your sins to remain humble and ask for forgiveness. Allah is All Merciful and he would readily accept your repentence if you are sincere.

Try live in a balance of hope and fear. Hope that Allah will forgive you for everything but don't let it be to the extent that you become complacent. Fear Allah but don't take it to extremes. Strike a balance.

We are told that if you go walking toward Allah he comes running toward you. Be sincere and talk to him from your heart whilst you make dua (supplicate).

Sometimes I feel so inferior about Allah that I can't even bring myself to communicate with Him because I feel so small and undeserving of any good he has given me.
    We are all inferior. It is only by Allah's mercy that any good happens to anyone. Allah is approachable by us all. Don't fret. Just pour your heart out to him.

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

since you converted a month ago, its going to take time, just take baby steps.. it took me at least two years to fully practice my religion and understand it. nothing happens over night.

believing in kalma is an amazing achievement.. Allah showed you this beautiful religion because hes wanting to guide you. i was also sinning. i was not wearing hijab or nothing i was doing sins too but at the end of the day i knew i had islam..and before that i was really lost, depressed suicidal, lewd and completely alone.

i reverted to islam when i was in my teens. don't stress about it. start by reading books about the 5pillars of islam and learn about the basic's first. i would say start learning about your salah first

since this is the most most important pillar. may Allah help you ameen.
    Salam alaykum

ae8iug 1 - Salam alaykum

wwwislamicboardcom - Salam alaykum

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mashallah on your reversion, As brothers and will tell you just take baby steps, Even for born muslims who start to practice , they wanna learn everything in one day,

Be patient with your family and May Allah swt help you

6. Report bad ads?
    sabr*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs up Re: Salam alaykum

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Welcome Amoeba. If you haven't had the opportunity to read the rules of the forum it will assist you in acclimating sooner. Insha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?..._liforum_rules

Then the basics of Islam if you are not familiar.

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/

The prayer of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrNxZS0Eqg

http://www.themodernreligion.com/pro...het_prayer.htm

Last edited by sabr*; 09-24-2010 at 11:54 PM.
    Salam alaykum

Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku
    Wa lahu-l-hamdu yuḥyi Wa yumītu Wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada
    ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr
    wa huwa ‘alā kulli Shay’in qadīr.

brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum,may Allaah bless you and ease your path in learning you religion well,insha'Allaah. If you have any questions then feel free to ask,insha'Allaah someone will be able to assist you.

9. Hide
Hey there! Salam alaykum Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Salam alaykum