× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 14 of 14 visibility 2829

Define happiness & prospertiy

Insecured soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

So what is happiness and prosperity for you? how do you see it from your eyes?

I often try to analyze and check if im happy and prosperous and i dont really know

sometimes i dont even know what happiness means?

i have a good job alhamdolillah but its what we only need? do we ever stop wanting "things and stuff" or it never ends?
    Last edited by Insecured soul; 10-01-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Oh lord make my best deeds the last deeds
    Oh lord make my best day the last day (aakhirah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sabr*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb Re: Define happiness & prospertiy

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Insecured soul:

Surah An Najm 53:43

43. And that it is He (Allah) Who makes (whom He wills) laugh, and makes (whom He wills) weep;
    (Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

the following link should provide an answer if you read through the thread. Insha Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...you-happy.html

Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku
    Wa lahu-l-hamdu yuḥyi Wa yumītu Wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada
    ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr
    wa huwa ‘alā kulli Shay’in qadīr.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Define happiness & prospertiy

format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul View Post

i have a good job alhamdolillah but its what we only need? do we ever stop wanting "things and stuff" or it never ends?

As strange as it sounds the getting of these things we think we want often cause our unhappiness. Once we discover that having material good is not a source of happiness, that desire fades. We can never own anything. the truth is we can only be a temporary caretaker and that is not for very long. A big source of pain is to possess more than what we need. Each item we have in excess reduces the enjoyment of what we already have.

Herman 1 - Define happiness & prospertiy

chat Quote

gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with woodrow. I have learnt quite quickly that merely possessing material things is not a source of inner happiness. Justice, honesty and righteousness makes me happy =)

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

a nice job and a nice car lol
    unfortunately im such a twisted individual that both of these are out of my grasp. my only aspiration and my only sadness.

i pray that it does not make me blind to the things allah swt has given me.
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum salam,

Happiness to me would be to see myself first and all those around me behaving as true Muslims. Us all being anti-materialistic, deeply spiritual, patient, followers of the sunnah, fearing Allah and abiding by the Islamic law as genuinely and sincerely as possible.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Since I am a student of economics I define happiness as utility and prosperity as GDP
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont know i often find myself lonely, life seems very repetitive and monotonous, may be its the problem with everyone i guess but alhamdolillah for everything

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

happiness in this dunya is always temporary - usually through: materialistic things, having fun with friends/family, doing good deeds etc

being prosperous to me is living a good islamic lifestyle - no debts, decent halal income

in this dunya we'll never find lasting happiness, Alhamdulillah that is only reserved for the akhira - otherwise we would become attached to this world

Edit: We find that non-muslims (especially those who hold no concept of afterlife) will search desperately for happiness, through the use of drugs, alcohol, women, money, big houses, fancy cars and even faith. They don't understand that there is no lasting happiness here on earth, that there is a afterlife for that, some of them will commit suicide because of no hope for the future.
    Last edited by aadil77; 10-02-2010 at 05:36 PM.

33 43 1 - Define happiness & prospertiy
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    happiness in this dunya is always temporary - usually through: materialistic things, having fun with friends/family, doing good deeds etc

being prosperous to me is living a good islamic lifestyle - no debts, decent halal income

in this dunya we'll never find lasting happiness, Alhamdulillah that is only reserved for the akhira - otherwise we would become attached to this world

Edit: We find that non-muslims (especially those who hold no concept of afterlife) will search desperately for happiness, through the use of drugs, alcohol, women, money, big houses, fancy cars and even faith. They don't understand that there is no lasting happiness here on earth, that there is a afterlife for that, some of them will commit suicide because of no hope for the future.
    Very well said brother aadil

Its what i make dua for to give me aafia in whatever i have and not to be materialistic.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    As strange as it sounds the getting of these things we think we want often cause our unhappiness. Once we discover that having material good is not a source of happiness, that desire fades. We can never own anything. the truth is we can only be a temporary caretaker and that is not for very long. A big source of pain is to possess more than what we need. Each item we have in excess reduces the enjoyment of what we already have.
    Il keep that in mind chacha woodrow

chat Quote

Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Happiness, happiness...

I dunno about prosperity but I have an odd twisted view of happiness.

Happiness to me is being in the most receptive state of mind for embracing the teachings of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), which is a rare occurrence for me because I'm so foggy-brained most of the time. The feeling is probably familiar to the forum members here like being unshakable and being totally grounded and clear-headed and most awake, and for a little while never wanting to look back to your little temptations and distractions, but as aadil77 said the happiness is temporary (as in over in about 3 seconds flat for me). There's the crash and then you end up going back to whatever it was you were doing....

That's why meditation sounds very useful for learning to focus. I think much of the problem is having an abysmal attention span.

Happiness is also a distant memory of something I can't quite describe. Something not even real. A year ago I was going through a period of distress because I was having a lot of childhood memories that I didn't even know I had coming out. Many of the memories I was certain could not be real (of course they were not real). But some of them were about recalling a time and place before I was even born (I thought maybe memories from the womb, or a memory that my brain made-up) where nothing is as it is here out in the world (not even the very fabric of reality). I can't really even describe it, even the memory of it has faded from when I recalled it a year ago. All I remember is that it's the closest thing to real happiness I've ever felt (thus the distress of wanting to go back there, finding life here too difficult). It was like the "home" I had been yearning for, if that makes any sense. Like everything about that place felt so natural, and everything here was just so dark and messed up in comparison.
    chat Quote

PouringRain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Happiness is an inner state of contentment in all things.

Prosperity is to succeed and flourish in all that you do. It is the act of doing that is of importance, and not the result achieved. To put your best into all things, regardless of the final outcome. If you have done that, then you have succeeded.

My soul waits silently for God;
    From Him comes my salvation.

Psalm 62:1
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Awesome thread and i agree with brother Woodrow

Happiness for me is when ive done something Allaah commanded me to do, so it makes me realise that what i did pleased Allaah so thats happiness for me. If i have done something wrong and i realise that it is wrong then ofcourse that displeases me. Happiness should involve what pleases Allaah.

To love something of the dunya makes you stick to it almost like a magnet or some super strong glue and it can be hard to let go as shaytaan is helping to make it worse, but i have Allaah SWT to ask for help and ask him to make it easier for me. so i feel blessed to have the ability to be able to ask, anyway i dunno if what i said relates to this thread

Anyway hope i helped Insha`Allaah

Peace
    Last edited by Ğħαrєєвαħ; 10-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

18. Hide
Hey there! Define happiness & prospertiy Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Define happiness & prospertiy