× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 6423

I hate formalities !

marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hate formalities !

Report bad ads?

I really hate useless formalities.
    I mean when talking, some people tend to use unnecessary formal styles.
    And sometimes when you want to meet a person, you need to fill a form or to write a formal request. It sometimes make me feel some hypocrisy or arrogance with this type of people.
    I see these formalities unnecessary, if the message can be understood with a simpler form, and at the same time we keep the mutual respect to each other.

We should keep the respect to other people and we have to respect the organizing processes.
    But in many other times formalities are unnecessary and are waste of time.

May be you have different opinions.
    I hate formalities !

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I hate formalities !

You can't trust people straight off the bat. Actually, you don't even know people these days. This may sound pessimistic, but we live in an individualist world.

Anyhow, these formalities are a necessary, most of the time.
    chat Quote

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen View Post

I really hate useless formalities.
    I mean when talking, some people tend to use unnecessary formal styles.
    And sometimes when you want to meet a person, you need to fill a form or to write a formal request. It sometimes make me feel some hypocrisy or arrogance with this type of people.
    I see these formalities unnecessary, if the message can be understood with a simpler form, and at the same time we keep the mutual respect to each other.

We should keep the respect to other people and we have to respect the organizing processes.
    But in many other times formalities are unnecessary and are waste of time.

May be you have different opinions.
    In order for me to reply to your complaint, you must fill out the following form:

Name: _______
    Membership type:____
    Complaint type: ______
    Complaint:

j/k. howver where were you required to fill forms when you met someone?
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I tend to agree with you, marwen. We should treat people like people, not robots.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well filling out a form to meet someone would probably be used for people who are too busy to talk to someone at the time. They have them fill out a form and if the situation can be handled by someone else then they can simply have their assitant take care of it rather then themselves.....its somewhat rude in a way but saves people time i suppose.
    when speaking to someone in a formal manner it depends on where you are and who you are talking to.
    For a job interview you should try to be somewhat formal, polite, respectful because they could end up being your future boss,
    but if you are just hanging with friends/family then there should be no formality.
    I hate formalities !

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    Well filling out a form to meet someone would probably be used for people who are too busy to talk to someone at the time. They have them fill out a form and if the situation can be handled by someone else then they can simply have their assitant take care of it rather then themselves.....its somewhat rude in a way but saves people time i suppose.
    Yes I know, if these procedures could make the work easy and more organized, I'm Ok with it. But some times it just become a habit, and people will use these formalities every time, just like robots.

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba View Post
    howver where were you required to fill forms when you met someone?
    I wanted to meet a company manager to ask him tow questions about job, I was not even applying for a job, and the meeting would only take 3 min. But his secretary insisted that I can't meet him without fixing an appointement, and I have to fill a form (like the one you posted above lol) and they will call me back in few days.
    It would be more easy, even for him, to just talk to me directly and see what is the problem. But I dunno, people are just addicted to this type of formalities, may be just to make you upset, or to appear more prestigious.
    Last edited by marwen; 10-27-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: TyPo
    I hate formalities !

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ah why didn't you just send him an email?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ I don't know his personal e-mail. There is the company mail, but can't contact him directly, it's the same thing.
    I hate formalities !

chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol i have my telephone voice on most of the time.
    i dont normaly speak like that but its professional, it doesnt include long words but is just as polite and proper as i can make it.
    i never thought people would take it as arrogent i just got that way through the daily experiences of my job.. once somebody blatently told me to go get someone else because he couldnt understand what i was saying.. and that was with the telephone voice lol.
    some of my co-workers are really outgoing and get on with everybody and dont have to act any different.. they are more successful in my eyes.

iv had too many bad days to do without the telephone voice.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    serena77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm the same way that MIA is. I work for child support and am on the phones all day. Sadly my phone voice doesn't disintegrate when i leave work. I wish it did... and yes i have answered my home and cell lines "thank you for calling........ "
    also w/ my job we have certain things we have to say... person A says X you reply with Y ... even if Y is two paragraphs long and one sentence would suffice. Customer service isnt my beef... my beef is how structured so mch of it has gotten. ... but i like my job so structured i stay.

It would however.. .be so much easier to be a little less formal and i think at times.... it is gonna put someone a little more at ease.
    serena
    chat Quote

forevermm's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know how tiresome formalities appear to some people but without them certain professions would potentially be impossible to run. Companies and individuals would have different responses for different people resulting in being open to liability that is unnecessary and yes may require a paragraph to answer as oppose to a sentence. There are times at my job when I wish to give a simple answer to a client but I must always state I cannot guarantee an outcome but more likely than not you will be able to keep the residence/get custody of the kids/etc. This is because nothing is for certainty and if it does not go the way I say the client will have a case against me to bring suit.

So in summary yes they are tiresome (like having to fill out a job application after already getting the job--it has happened to me before) but as an individual in the legal field I fully understand why it is needed.
    chat Quote

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Glad to see I'm not the only one, marwen! Indeed, there are many more frustrating pointless formalities out there than people even realize! One that always seems to get to me but no one else is everyone using, "How are you?" or, "How are you doing?," as a greeting. The thing is, even though it is rarely meant as an actual question in any capacity instead of a bizarre replacement for, "Hello," people will still often demand an answer even when it's painfully clear that they didn't mean to truly ask, because there's a custom involved and dang it YOU'D BETTER PLAY BALL! Conform, blast you! They can't stand anything interrupting the safe predictable course of routine. (Besides, I usually don't think in terms of "how I'm doing" anyway and to have to stop in my tracks and evaluate my day for everyone I ever talk to ever gets unbearable at times.)

No, don't argue. I'm sick of having to defend myself over these things. If there's anything worse than being the only person who bothers to think about something enough to realize how dumb and needless it is, it's constantly being challenged or harassed over it, and there are too many other such things for me to allow this one (one of the smaller instances) to continue.
    I hate formalities !

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)
    chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yep you know what they say "being formal is geeky"
    I hate formalities !

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! I hate formalities ! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I hate formalities !