× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1578

Topic of Jinn, again!

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Topic of Jinn, again!

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikku

I've studied jinn in general, but recently I was wondering if in fact jinn can/do possess people. I haven't seen any clear-cut Quran/Sunnah evidence thus far suggesting that they do. Obviously there are people who claim they've been possessed, or there are articles suggesting that Jinn have the ability to possess human beings, but I've never seen evidence that says they do. I also read somewhere that scholars differ on this matter, which I was actually not aware of until recently since I suppose I have always just believed that Jinns do possess people and didn't look into it until a cousin of mine brought it up.

Anyone know of anything concerning this, as in whether jinn can/do possess humans?

Jazakum Allahu Khair

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam
    Topic of Jinn, again!

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Topic of Jinn, again!

yes they can.. check this out with evidence, a scary thing

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1819/jinns%20entering
    Topic of Jinn, again!

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

piXie's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Topic of Jinn, again!

You never know who could be possessed either. Sometimes, it can be the person sitting right next to you in the lecture room. Once this happened at an Alkauthar Course I attended called 'Out of Sight' delivered by sheikh Waleed Basyouni. The course was partly on this topic, and when he started reciting the Qur'aan, it provoked one of the Jinns there which started screaming. And worse than that happened at an Al Maghrib course delivered by sheikh Riad. I was absent that day because I had another course to attend but my mum told me the sheikh had to send everyone out of the hall. May Allaah ease the suffering of those people afflicted by this trial. I feel really sad for them.

Btw charisma, there r different types of possessions. You may have been temporarily or partially possessed without knowing. If you like, I could tell you the symptoms.
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Topic of Jinn, again! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Topic of Jinn, again!