× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 156 visibility 16930

Wrong to attack non-Muslims

h-n's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

There has been mentioned that people are listening to individuals and then being taught to attack non-Muslims. They try and portray an image, if you don't believe in me, then you aren't Muslim enough.

Allah has not taught us to;-

-attack non-Muslims because they are non-Muslims,
    -people are being tested in this world, and it is not for us to do anything to anyone, their deeds are written on the Day of Judgement. We respect that Allah is giving time for people to repent.
    -neither did the Prophets attack people just because they were were non-Muslims.

We only fight when people fight us. We do NOT start a fight.

We do not stop showing dissaproval of the non-Muslims unreligious way of life, as neither did the Prophets, so why should we? We forbid evil and enjoin good. Why should we stop talking about Islam, whilst they can carry on talking about living in sin? We shall never stop talking about Islam.

This is a follow up from Terrorists, why they are completely wrong, Murder, Collapse of these countries and the Major Signs of the Day of Judgement threads.

Remember Allah and the Day of Judgement much.

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Wrong to attack non-Muslims

format_quote Originally Posted by h-n View Post
    There has been mentioned that people are listening to individuals and then being taught to attack non-Muslims. They try and portray an image, if you don't believe in me, then you aren't Muslim enough.

Allah has not taught us to;-

-attack non-Muslims because they are non-Muslims,

Salam alaykum

Islam doesn´t teach us to attack against non-muslims. Islam is religion of peace, not for attacking against others. It is much better to treat non-muslims kindly (I think also Prother treated them kindly) than attack against them and insult them.

Dear sister, now take again a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath of this and calm down.

pinkgardenroses 1 - Wrong to attack non-Muslims

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

Rafeeq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Killing a man is killing a humanity in Islam. Islam does not teach killing/attacking non muslims unless they are opponent in the bettle field.

When there is nothing left but Allah that is when you find out that Allah is all you need.

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

h-n, I think you could use one of these.

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)

6. Report bad ads?
    Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you are a non-muslim that is not open minded, you just won't ever understand this concept of Islam. It's unbelievable of the amount of non-muslims that are brainwashed, will try and use out-of-context Qur'anic verses to say Islam is a religion of violence, which is quite sad.

But, this is the world we live in and we can't just stop speaking what's right.

LauraS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    If you are a non-muslim that is not open minded, you just won't ever understand this concept of Islam. It's unbelievable of the amount of non-muslims that are brainwashed, will try and use out-of-context Qur'anic verses to say Islam is a religion of violence, which is quite sad.

Or maybe they see the secret videos of hate preachers who advocate killing non-Muslims, i.e. Omar Bakri. These sort of people may not represent what Islam really teaches but they don't do any favours for Muslims.

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
    Or maybe they see the secret videos of hate preachers who advocate killing non-Muslims, i.e. Omar Bakri. These sort of people may not represent what Islam really teaches but they don't do any favours for Muslims.
    That is the MINORITY which is focussed on by the media to forward their own agenda. You should be smart enough to see how the majority behave and not focus on the negatives. You don't do yourself any favours. Look at the bad apples in your own backyard sometime.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course people (not all obviously) realise that it's a minority that do this kind of thing but do you reall think preachers with audiences don't have some effect? I doubt every Muslim dismisses what they say. I have seen comments in the press (and on TV) from representatives of Muslim communities speaking out against violence. You shouldn't be too derisive of non-Muslims that are "brainwashed" though when there are people like Omar Bakri out there, incidents such as Muslims scrawling over a war memorial and flag burnings. When you have someone promoting hate and killings of non-Muslims of course not everybody will dismiss it as "oh whatever, they're just a minority". If it was a Christian preacher saying Muslims should be killed there would soon be an outcry. You have to be more understanding.

brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If it was a Christian preacher saying Muslims should be killed there would soon be an outcry. You have to be more understanding.
    Er they do, but you seem oblivious to it. There are groups ranging from white supremacists to Christian religious extremists who disrespect dead soldiers. Most of the posts I see from you are along the lines of "Muslims don't do themselves any favours" whereas the larger wave of hate and terror on your side of the fence goes unnoticed. Fortunately most people on here don't generalize like you do.

12. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LauraS;

I don´t understand what you try to say by your comments. Here one member just told as common opinion that Islam doesn´t teach killing/attacking against non muslims. If someone try to teach opposite can you claim it is islamic opinion at all?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
    Er they do, but you seem oblivious to it. There are groups ranging from white supremacists to Christian religious extremists who disrespect dead soldiers. Most of the posts I see from you are along the lines of "Muslims don't do themselves any favours" whereas the larger wave of hate and terror on your side of the fence goes unnoticed. Fortunately most people on here don't generalize like you do.
    Yes I know there are non-Muslim groups the same, that was exactly my point, the boards are full of threads about attacks against Muslims while actually what Muslims do goes unnoticed.

Well, you haven't read all my posts because in the past I've had quite a big rant about things going on "over this side of the fence".

"Fortunately most people on here don't generalize the way you do." I've already said in another thread just how much generalising goes on here about westerners. Like the fact because I'm from the west I must spend my spare time "glugging" away in a pub with my friends (just one example) when actually I can't stand alcohol.

brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes I know there are non-Muslim groups the same, that was exactly my point, the boards are full of threads about attacks against Muslims while actually what Muslims do goes unnoticed.
    I've seen many examples of where this is not the case.

"Fortunately most people on here don't generalize the way you do." I've already said in another thread just how much generalising goes on here about westerners. Like the fact because I'm from the west I must spend my spare time "glugging" away in a pub with my friends (just one example) when actually I can't stand alcohol.
    Even if this were the case, does this then give you the right to generalize? Btw many Muslims on here are also "Westerners".

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, you haven't read all my posts because in the past I've had quite a big rant about things going on "over this side of the fence".

Your not really understanding are you... You keep saying "what Muslims do goes unnoticed", but Killing innocents isn't really an at of a Muslim.

It's like I can tomorrow be a terrorist and say I'm doing this in the name of Jesus Christ, and everyone should blame or say that it's the Christians that are doing this.

People just use religion as an excuse, as a shield, as a mere title to try and justify their wrong actions. And it's unfortunate to see your brainwashed enough to believe that their actions reflect upon religion of peace.

And as far as the west is concerned, that isn't a minority such as yourself that have this misunderstanding about Islam, it's all over the media which is what people tend to believe in most nowadays.

Honestly reading your comments again, I feel sorry for you. It's as if the moment you think of Islam, the name "Omar Bakri" pops up and you just buy into that and don't even get me started on the fact you tried to say so called "Christians" don't do this kind of stuff. Even though i don't label them as Christians, just people filled with hate and desperate for attention.

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post

Laura, I am not sure what the purpose of your post is. Brother Perseveranze stated that non-Muslims that are not open-minded, will never understand the teachings of Islam. He claimed that many non-Muslims are brain-washed into believing that Islam is a violent religion due to Quranic verses taken out of context.

You responded by stating that some no-Muslims have watched secret videos of hate preachers who advocate killing non-Muslims. This show that some non-Muslims are truly brainwashed because they accept what see or hear on the mainstream media, instead carrying out research on Islam. In addition, they are no longer secret videos because everyone knows about them. XD

Your right that individuals that preach inaccurate Islamic teachings are not helping Muslims, but the same applies to certain non-Muslims who go around repeating them like parrots suffering from verbal diarrhea. Plus, have you actually watched the entire video, or are there little quotes taken out of these videos? Personally, I never watched any of them.

Of course people (not all obviously) realise that it's a minority that do this kind of thing but do you reall think preachers with audiences don't have some effect? I doubt every Muslim dismisses what they say.
    I agree that there might be some Muslims that agree what these preachers say. As I mentioned before, some non-Muslim too listen to these preachers, believe them and repeat them, thus increasing the chances of some Muslims believing them...is this not a possibility?

You shouldn't be too derisive of non-Muslims that are "brainwashed" though when there are people like Omar Bakri out there, incidents such as Muslims scrawling over a war memorial and flag burnings.
    There are some Muslims who have burned flats and behaved inappropriately, and I agree, that Muslims should critique our own community too.

When you have someone promoting hate and killings of non-Muslims of course not everybody will dismiss it as "oh whatever, they're just a minority".
    Then these people need to be re-educated, learn not to generalise and to treat everyone as individuals.

If it was a Christian preacher saying Muslims should be killed there would soon be an outcry. You have to be more understanding.
    Not necessarily. There was a video game based on killing Muslims online. The mainstream media never reported it. Though of course, there are some cases where the mainstream media does defend Muslims.

Then why don't some non-Muslims members report these attacks? Actually, there have been topics in the world section where Muslims members have posted topics about Muslims carrying out attacks against non-Muslims.
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 11-09-2010 at 11:51 PM.

18. Report bad ads?
    serena77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam and greetings to all
    i just read most of the sura the heifer ... sorry i don't remember the arabic spelling but to me that explained in pretty good deal tail why it is wrong to attack non muslims.
    also didnt Mohammed refuse to hurt those who were on the battlefield unless he had too? I may have misread something and my apologizes if i did, but i believe i did come across it somewhere. iF Mohammed (PBUH) wouldn't attack those who weren't muslim.... why is it to us to even believe it can or should happen.
    Serena

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

those videos wernt so secret especailly if the narrow minded have seen them and actually believe it represents the majority of muslims.

By the way there are many crazy christians out there - Terry Jones, John Hagee and the pastor (Parsley I think) that promoted Mccain are preety crazy and whats more scary is that these guys are in with americas mainstream republicans unlike Bin Laden, Omer Bakri and Anjem Chaudery who are preety much nobodies.

peace
    Last edited by Zafran; 11-11-2010 at 04:34 AM.

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^

Your forgot Sarah Palin...Alaska! She was crazy too.

brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

<sarcasm>

Adolf didn't do white people any favours either.

</sarcasm>

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would never deny that there are white western racist lunatics out there.

I have thought about posting about things that have happened attacking non-Muslims, but I reckon a lot of people would get narked and just think I was attacking Islam/tarring everyone with the same brush like on this thread. It's hard to debate things on the internet sometimes because people can read your tone in a different way it was intended.

And I don't know how many times I have to post I don't judge all Muslims by people like Omar Barkri X| I was just using him as an example of someone who represents Islam badly.

To summarise both Muslims and non-Muslims can be as bad as each other. The End. If not we'll go around in circles I suppose.

24. Report bad ads?
    Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would never deny that there are white western racist lunatics out there.

I have thought about posting about things that have happened attacking non-Muslims, but I reckon a lot of people would get narked and just think I was attacking Islam/tarring everyone with the same brush like on this thread. It's hard to debate things on the internet sometimes because people can read your tone in a different way it was intended.

And I don't know how many times I have to post I don't judge all Muslims by people like Omar Barkri X| I was just using him as an example of someone who represents Islam badly.

To summarise both Muslims and non-Muslims can be as bad as each other. The End. If not we'll go around in circles I suppose.
    You like to bring him up a lot - its seems your more intrested with those type of people then the mainstream muslims.

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

26. Hide
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Wrong to attack non-Muslims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Wrong to attack non-Muslims