star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Jinn stories / experiences

Report bad ads?

I put up this new thread for interesting and also scary jinn or angel stories. Many have surely had such special encounters and experiences and I want you all to share them.
    As mentioned in the noble Quran in various surahs, jinns exist and are another creation of Allah swt next to us insaan. There are good and bad ones just like with us people. And also there are obedient and disobedient ones which want to scare and trouble us. But such encounters shouldnt be taken with worries. Those happenings are sometimes test for our imaan. Without the will of Allah swt nothing can harm us. As long we have imaan and remembrance of Allah swt, we are safe and shouldnt be afraid. That was my small introduction into this topic and if u like, then you can share your experience. Thank you.
    Jazakum Allah khair

2. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Jinn stories / experiences

I am sorry to a disappointment but I never experienced anything related to jinns or supernatural. The most I have experienced is Shaytaan's whispers (waswaas).

Flower1111's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course not everyone had such experiences. It is not a strange thing. You can be lucky Alhamdulilah

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Do you have any experiences to share?

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ya i do have many..from me and mostly from others.
    My aunt used to be troubled by jinn or shaytan every night. She was the only one who had this problem. She is very beautyful so tht might be the reason. This jinn normally used to trouble and irritate her and try to make her scared which is pretty common. But now it comes. One day we got the proof. She woke up in the night screaming and in pain. Her cheek was swollen and red. This jinn has really gave her a tight slap in her face Astaghfirullah and its not fake. Nowadays she has no such problems anymore. She also started doing namaz etc.
    this is one experience from my family.
    Ill tell more later

marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ May Allah protect you and your family from this trouble sister.

Do you have any experience/ideas on how to be sure it's really jinn and not hallucinations or faint. I'm sure jinn exist, but I never met jinn, how can I be sure it's relly jinn not a mental disorder ?
    Last edited by marwen; 11-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Jinn stories / experiences

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can be sure it is jinn. Sometimes ther is no other explanation to it. I myself used to get such things at nights. Have you ever had the feelin at night that you are paralysed , you cant talk or shout and cant breathe as if someone is pressing against you. ? I used to have this pretty often now it is better. But this is shayateen and jinn who scare you.
    Mostly they come wen you slept deep or u are half sleeping. Ayat ul kursi protects you from these happenings.

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My mother saw sth once. While she was sleeping she dreamed of a very beautyful and sweet baby. When the baby smiled it had very ugly and scary teeth. This is how shaytan apporaches you by a dream before he acts further. Suddenly my mother woke up and saw a black shadow which was very long , on the ground sliding very fast away from her.

S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Soraya1992 View Post
    Have you ever had the feelin at night that you are paralysed , you cant talk or shout and cant breathe as if someone is pressing against you. ? I used to have this pretty often now it is better. But this is shayateen and jinn who scare you.

i have this very often it is called sleep paralysis its not jinn sister
    but i have had some experiences not with jinn..i suppose but with dreams and i wouldnt say angels because I am not sure what it was to be honest. It didnt scare me so i guess it was nothing bad....idk

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sleep paralysis? never heard of it? and wat about the pressure and not able to breath..and i try to say A3oozhu billah and it doesn come out..No dear it must be shaytan

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Soraya1992 View Post
    Sleep paralysis? never heard of it? and wat about the pressure and not able to breath..and i try to say A3oozhu billah and it doesn come out..No dear it must be shaytan

i had it so many times i know exactly what you are talking about you cant move it hard to breath trying to move makes it worse and screaming and talking is impossible and it feels like someone is grapping you and you can feel "it" pressing down on you
    sleep paralysis happens when your REM is interrupted seeing "hallucinations" during this time is not uncommon and having the feeling that something evil is near is all apart of it
    look here please
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_Paralysis

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sleep paralysis is not a Jinn attack

Question: Our daughter is having strange experiences during sleep. She complains of feeling something pressing down on her chest which paralyzes her entire body. She cannot even speak. This stops and starts throughout the night. It happens so frequently that she has become depressed and angry. We feel that this is an attack from the Jinn and we want to know what she can do about it.

Answered by the Scientific Research Committee - IslamToday.net

These symptoms should not be construed as an attack from the Jinn. This is a very common problem. It is a condition known as sleep paralysis (SP).

Sleep paralysis is defined as a condition in which someone, usually lying in a supine position, about to drop off to sleep, or just upon waking from sleep, realizes that he is unable to move, speak, or cry out. Many complain that they try to recite Âyah al-Kursî but are unable to do so. People in this condition are often beset by feelings of fear or dread and frequently try, unsuccessfully, to cry out. After seconds or minutes, they feel suddenly released from the paralysis, but may be left with a lingering sense of anxiety.

Many people experience this sensation while falling asleep or as they are waking up and it can cause them discomfort. Some people describe it to be as if they feel as if someone is sitting on their chest.

Common secondary symptoms of this condition are as follows:

* A feeling of being choked or suffocated
    * A feeling of being pinned down or sat upon (particularly in the chest area)
    * Auditory hallucinations, typically the sounds of footsteps and voices nearby or knocking or banging on the walls
    * Visual hallucinations, typically beings or dark shadows surrounding or standing near the bed
    * A frightening feeling of descending or encompassing evil or dread
    * Shaking of the body or a rumbling sensation (ringing) in the ears
    * A feeling of intense, suffocating evil
    * A feeling of being in a dream-like state while at the same time sensing being awake

The source of this phenomenon is a natural bodily function. When you sleep, your brain shuts off the signals coming from your muscles so you do not get up and act out your dreams. This is to prevent you from injuring yourself in your sleep. For some reason, people with sleep paralysis come into consciousness before the brain returns voluntary control back to the muscles, creating a sense of feeling paralyzed. This sensation is quite uncomfortable and understandably frightening, which can lead the not wholly conscious person to experience some of the secondary symptoms of this disorder that can often be very frightening and realistic.

None of what you describe is strange, peculiar, or in the least bit exceptional. It is a benign condition. Several recent surveys suggest that between 25-30% of people have experienced at least a mild form of sleep paralysis at least once and about 20-30% of these people have experienced it on several occasions.

However, if it is a frequent problem for you that is impairing your sleep or causing you discomfort, then you should seek medical attention for it. There are actually many treatments and prescriptions for this condition.

Doctors suggest that getting on a regular sleep schedule and avoiding sleep deprivation are helpful in alleviating this condition.

And Allah knows best.

Answered by the Scientific Research Committee - IslamToday.net

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't agree with sleep paralysis being unrelated to shaytanic/jinn attack.

Sleep paralysis is just the name they've given to something they don't understand. It's not fully explained.

Especially when the people behind such theories don't even believe in the existence of 'other' beings such as jinn, I'd take this theory with a pinch of salt.

There are many experiences of people seeing black shadows right after their paralysis (whilst they are fully awake, so it's not just a natural bodily function happening during sleep).

As our Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam has told us, a bad dream is from shaytan. Usually, sleep paralysis will occur during a nightmare.

I experience it myself sometimes. The times that I do, coincide with the times when I have not made prayers for protection on the night before.

Sleeping on clean bedding, in a state of ritual purity, (i.e. not in need of ghusl) along with wudhu, praying ayatul kursi, and the last 3 surahs of the Qur'aan thrice before sleeping, will protect you against these attacks.

If it has been a long term problem, they may fight back for a few days but if you are consistent in what I have described, you will cease to experience these things. You will inshaAllah also experience bad dreams with less frequency.
    | Likes ~ Sabr ~ liked this post

brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you are right shaytan does cause nightmares
    but this then causes some of us to experience sleep paralysis and doing the above like you suggested does in fact work. But I dont literary think that it is a jinn attack because if you just lay there and relax the feeling goes away if you panic and overact it only gets worse.....
    But I did the above like you said one night and while I was laying there I saw an outline (there was no light in my room on at all) of a figure it looked more "manly" bc the shoulders were wide and the height of it was tall. The outline was kinda...its hard to explain it was like a blueish glowy shimmery type thing but it didnt creep me out i was really more intrigued if anything. I just layed and looked at it and it didnt move or anything it just stood near my bed i stared at it for about a good 5 min bc i thought maybe i was losing it but as soon as i reached out to touch it it went away completely....i probably sound like a complete nutcase but wallahi this happened and I have no clue what it was.

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.

18. Report bad ads?
    IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I saw a shadow figure once while I was in bed but I don't think I was paralyzed. Or if so, I didn't notice it. Didn't seem to bear any of the marks of sleep paralysis, whatever it was. But I didn't try to move, that's the thing.

My sister (who is a Christian, and to this very day) saw a djinn--more than once, I think--at one of our old houses. She said she couldn't exactly describe what she was seeing, only that it was smaller than a human and she didn't know whether to say that it looked human, reptilian, or insectile. The clearest she could get (and she didn't like to talk about it at all) was to say that it was vaguely similar to what she imagined Gollum looking like when she read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings as a child.

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)

caadam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What do you all think about night terrors? I mean, I understand that night terrors are brought on by the over-stimulation of the central nervous system, but sometimes one does wonder if a night terror is something spiritual too. They can be quite frightening to watch, and even more frightening when the person who is having the night terror can remember what they saw. I've experienced night terrors as a child, and every once in a blue moon as an adult, which is uncommon. Usually when the central nervous system is matured, a person stops having night terrors as an adult. But for some people, night terrors never go away. My night terrors can be so bad that they can cause me to hallucinate and see things that aren't really there.

Though sometimes I wonder if those things are just my body playing tricks with me or if it's real. I've had one specific jinn experience that I remember vividly. I was a child, and I was getting ready for bed. This was before I had even begun to fall asleep, so it wasn't a night terror. I was lying on my stomach, decided to turn onto my back, and that's when I saw it: It was right above my bed, and it looked like it had tens of terrible spider legs groping in the air. Its middle was black and void, and this thing looked like it was coming closer to me. I remember becoming afraid and threw the blankets over my face for a minute, removed the blanket, and the jinn wasn't there anymore. Very scary. I never saw it again.

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have never experienced jinns or any other sort of troubles, although i did get sleep paralysis in one particular room of one particular house around when i was 13. It's possible there were jinns in that room, since sometimes it seemed the door would be open at night when we left it closed (but unlocked).

i do remember someone telling me a real scary ghost story once and that night i was so scared. I kept hear this tap tap sound from the wall near my bed but i was too scared to look at the windows or the wall, scared that i might see a jinn or something. Finally when i looked up, i saw that the thing going tap tap was actually a piece of canvas type cloth with Surah Yasin written on it. it was moving wiht the wind from the fan and that's why it was making tap tap sounds. it probably made such sounds every night, but i wasn't conscious of them. talking about jinns had made me conscious of my surroundings.
    Last edited by Muhaba; 11-10-2010 at 07:20 PM.

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Even idont think it is only eexplainable with sleep paraylizes..as someone already mentiond here ..i mostly got this at night wen i didn pray isha or sleep on my back..which is not good as one should sleep on right side as our prophet saw said..Allahu A3lam

IAmZamzam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I may as well mention--though the joke itself cannot be shown, it is too good not to be made in some fashion or other--that when someone mentioned night terrors above I intended to link to a clip of Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave babbling cringingly in his sleep about pastries. But I couldn't find it at Youtube, so all I can do is mention it here. ("Not with a pastry...NOT WITH A PASTRY!!!")

Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)

24. Report bad ads?
    Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin View Post
    Don't agree with sleep paralysis being unrelated to shaytanic/jinn attack.

Sleep paralysis is just the name they've given to something they don't understand. It's not fully explained.

Especially when the people behind such theories don't even believe in the existence of 'other' beings such as jinn, I'd take this theory with a pinch of salt.

There are many experiences of people seeing black shadows right after their paralysis (whilst they are fully awake, so it's not just a natural bodily function happening during sleep).

As our Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam has told us, a bad dream is from shaytan. Usually, sleep paralysis will occur during a nightmare.

I experience it myself sometimes. The times that I do, coincide with the times when I have not made prayers for protection on the night before.

Sleeping on clean bedding, in a state of ritual purity, (i.e. not in need of ghusl) along with wudhu, praying ayatul kursi, and the last 3 surahs of the Qur'aan thrice before sleeping, will protect you against these attacks.

If it has been a long term problem, they may fight back for a few days but if you are consistent in what I have described, you will cease to experience these things. You will inshaAllah also experience bad dreams with less frequency.
    Have to disagree with you on one point with a question:

Why would shaytan attack us with something that no longer scares us?

Many poeple are frightened by sleep paralysis, sure. But for many who experience it on a regular basis or have experienced it many, many times in their life, for those poeple it is really just a perfectly normal bed-time occurence. "Oh, I'm in sleep paralysis again" relax the muscles, close the eyes, wake up they know exactly what to do and that it's not something to be afraid of. Why would shaytans attack someone with sleep paralysis who isn't even afraid of sleep paralysis?

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Jinn stories / experiences Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Jinn stories / experiences