× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 1824

'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj'

Hayaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    I ♥ الله‎
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj

Two young South Africans have pedaled their way to Saudi Arabia to perform this year’s Haj. Nathim Cairncross, 28, and Imtiyaz Ahmad Haron, 25, both from Cape Town, said on arrival at the Saudi border before reaching Tabuk that they felt happy they were fulfilling their dream of performing Haj. “Pedaling our way to the Kingdom from Cape Town was a grueling experience. We wanted to travel this way so that we are prepared to experience the rigors of performing the pilgrimage,” Cairncross, a town planner by profession, told Arab News over the telephone on Monday night.

read more: http://arabnews.com/lifestyle/travel/article171409.ece

All I can say is SubhanAllaah!

لا اله الا الــلـــه

2. Report bad ads?
    Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: 'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj'

Subhanallah!

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I never knew this was even possible. o_o

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

all I can say is Masha'Allah.. I was just mentioning to my brother about this woman who saved up for 17 years and went on the cheapest transportation may Allah swt accept her hajj.. and now this.. sob7an Allah we are too spoiled.. may Allah swt grant us a wonderful hajj which he will be pleased with and accept and brings us closer to him as well peace and prosperity..

ameen ya rabb

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - 'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj'

6. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashAllah, reminds of that eldery breh who spent years walking all the way from india - whilst dragging a carriage behind him - for hajj

33 43 1 - 'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj'
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhanallah!

May Allah SWT accept their ibada hajj

Hayaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    I ♥ الله‎
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^Ameen. It really is a tremendous feat. Here's a beautiful hadith related to the rewards reaped in this blessed pilgrimage:

One day Ibn Umar (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) was sitting with the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) in the masjid in Mina when a man from the Ansaar and a man from the Thaqeef came. They gave Salaam and said, "O Messenger of Allaah, we came to ask you questions."

So the Messenger (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said: "If you want I can inform you why you came and what you want to ask, and I will do so, and if you want I will hold back and you can ask me and I will answer you."

They said: "Tell us O Messenger of Allaah!"

The man from Thaqeef said to the Ansaari: "Ask." So the Ansaari man said: "Inform me O Messenger of Allaah!"

The Messenger of Allaah (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said: "You came to me, to ask about leaving your house and aiming for the Bait-ul-Haraam and the reward for it; about praying two Rakah after Tawaaf and the reward for it; going between as-Safa and Marwa and the reward for it; your staying the evening in Mina, and the reward for it; stoning the Jamarah and the reward for it; slaughtering an animal and the reward for it; and the Tawaaf of al-Ifaadh."

The man said: "I swear by the One who sent you with the truth! This is what I came to ask you about."

The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said: "As for you leaving your homes aiming for the Bait-ul-Haraam: then your she-camel does not place its foot nor does it raise it except that Allaah writes for you a reward due to it, and wipes off one of your sins.As for the two Rakah after the Tawaaf, then it is equivalent to freeing a slave from the Children of Ismaeel.

As for your circuiting of as-Safa and al-Marwa, then it is the same as freeing 70 slaves.

As for you staying till the evening in Arafah, then Allaah descends to the sky of the Duniya and He boasts about you to the Angels, and says: 'My slaves have come to Me, looking rough, from every deep valley hoping for My mercy, so if their sins were equivalent to the amount of sand or the drops of rain or like the foam on the sea I will forgive them. So go forth My slaves! Having forgiveness and for what or who you have interceded for.'

As for stoning the Jamaar (the pillars), then for every stone that you throw, it removes a big sin from the deadly sins.

As for your slaughtering, then it is saved for you with your Lord.

As for shaving your head, then there is a reward for every strand of hair that you shaved, and a sin is wiped off by it.

As for you performing Tawaaf of the House after all this, then by this time you are performing Tawaaf with no sin upon you and an Angel comes and places his hand between your shoulders saying: "Perform good deeds in what you face of the future, for verily your past sins have been forgiven."
    (at-Tabarani and al-Bazaar--graded hasan by Al-Albaanee in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa Tarheeb')

لا اله الا الــلـــه

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Great story!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - 'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj'

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

gladTidings's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

These are guys are awesome!! How fulfilling their hajj must be!

....If thou knowest not thy God, thou art a slave of men;
    And if thou dost, thy slaves are kings and potentates.
    The heart’s freedom is kingly; its slavery is death,
    It is for thee to decide — to be a king or a slave.
    [Baal-e-Jibreel, Allama Iqbal 1935]

12. Report bad ads?
    NADEEM_'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

masha Allah, May Allah reward them with their efforts

14. Hide
Hey there! 'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. 'Two South Africans pedal their way to Haj'